The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazy to me that gamers of all people would hate nft's :lol:

Though I guess the application / utility has to enhance the experience otherwise it's just fluff.

I had the same reaction.

As a gamer, I thought gamers would love this but the well has been truly poisoned.
Media only talks about Bored Apes and Crypto Punks or any thing that sells for thousands or millions with no utility which is why it looks so scammy.

Add that on top with people thinking its killing the envrionment and you got a big hill to climb

I gave it a chance... tried to understand it... but the more I read/hear about it, the shadier it seems. I watched this interview about some guy talking about some NFT and saying how this specific NFT was worth more because it was the only one with a green background in a lot of 3000... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ And it's irritating how some of the sites/IG accounts are pushing so hard... trying to sell us the idea on how valuable it all is.

A lot of people still think NFT's have to be limited in number or rare. They don't have to be but I guess when only monkey art selling for thousands are grabbing the headlines it's easy to see why.

NFTs are just digital assets with verifiable ownership. In a game this can be a costume, skin, weapon etc..

For example, an in item that is unlocked after a boss battle in an MMO then the item/NFT can be dropped/minted every time someone defeats the boss. Something like that won't be limited but it's yours and blockchain tech will allow you to sell, gift or trade it with other players who might want it for crafting or just can't be bothered to farm.

There are cases where limited rare NFT's make sense. Winning a tournament and getting alongside prize money, a 1/1 costume makes sense to me.

Reminds me of the year at EVO where top 3 of every game got a Mad Catz Golden stick so only 24 in existence. I wouldn't call this forced scarcity but something that is well deserved for whoever earned it and something that will be valuable.

DGZXrZpUIAAUUWl

NFT can also be used across multiple games if supported. I'll use Capcom as an example.

You unlocked an NFT for reaching Master rank in SFV. Cool, that NFT can unlock perks for you in the main game and other games like SF6 or MVC4, Monster Hunter, incentivising you to stay in the ecosystem.
You won EVO and won a 1/1 costume, cool that costume can be used in other games made by Capcom. You won't need to transfer save files, whoever owns the NFT can use the costume. If you decide to move on you can sell it to someone else and be rewarded for the hours you put in. It could be like match worn shoes by MJ :lol:

Capcom basically had this down with SFV and Fight Money. Fight money was basically like a cryptocurrency you earned for playing the game and you could use it to buy digital items, stages and characters instead of spending real money every new season.

NFT's in games, If done well and with a good UI/UX, you won't even need to know your in game items are NFTs but you will get all the perks that come with the tech.
Early days though still it can be a game changer if done well. There are a lot of greedy publishers out there though and most gamers hate it without knowing why they hate it so it could possibly never take off.

I mean, Sony has had what for all intents and purposes are NFTs in their trophy system and have refused to iterate on it.

I wouldn't hold my breathe that they all of a sudden figure it out.

I had the same reaction.

As a gamer, I thought gamers would love this but the well has been truly poisoned.
Media only talks about Bored Apes and Crypto Punks or any thing that sells for thousands or millions with no utility which is why it looks so scammy.

Add that on top with people thinking its killing the envrionment and you got a big hill to climb

A lot of people still think NFT's have to be limited in number or rare. They don't have to be but I guess when only monkey art selling for thousands are grabbing the headlines it's easy to see why.

NFTs are just digital assets with verifiable ownership. In a game this can be a costume, skin, weapon etc..

For example, an in item that is unlocked after a boss battle in an MMO then the item/NFT can be dropped/minted every time someone defeats the boss. Something like that won't be limited but it's yours and blockchain tech will allow you to sell, gift or trade it with other players who might want it for crafting or just can't be bothered to farm.

There are cases where limited rare NFT's make sense. Winning a tournament and getting alongside prize money, a 1/1 costume makes sense to me.

Reminds me of the year at EVO where top 3 of every game got a Mad Catz Golden stick so only 24 in existence. I wouldn't call this forced scarcity but something that is well deserved for whoever earned it and something that will be valuable.

DGZXrZpUIAAUUWl

NFT can also be used across multiple games if supported. I'll use Capcom as an example.

You unlocked an NFT for reaching Master rank in SFV. Cool, that NFT can unlock perks for you in the main game and other games like SF6 or MVC4, Monster Hunter, incentivising you to stay in the ecosystem.
You won EVO and won a 1/1 costume, cool that costume can be used in other games made by Capcom. You won't need to transfer save files, whoever owns the NFT can use the costume. If you decide to move on you can sell it to someone else and be rewarded for the hours you put in. It could be like match worn shoes by MJ :lol:

Capcom basically had this down with SFV and Fight Money. Fight money was basically like a cryptocurrency you earned for playing the game and you could use it to buy digital items, stages and characters instead of spending real money every new season.

NFT's in games, If done well and with a good UI/UX, you won't even need to know your in game items are NFTs but you will get all the perks that come with the tech.
Early days though still it can be a game changer if done well. There are a lot of greedy publishers out there though and most gamers hate it without knowing why they hate it so it could possibly never take off.

Ok, that's a better explanation of it than what I've been seeing online. From a gaming perspective, it makes a bit more sense. All I see in social media is how much this celeb paid and followed it up with a bunch techno jargon, which confuses me even more.

So, take The Division, for example. Your basic looter-shooter... ppl grinding for hours to get equipment/items that only drop at a small percentage of the time. Would those considered to be NFTs? I guess the difference in gaming is that the item is usable in the game. I can get some sort of enjoyment in this virtual item. But the NFTs I keep seeing (like the ones from McLaren) are basically jpgs and some cert that I officially "own" it. 🤷‍♂️ With stuff like that, I feel like I'm being taken for a fool.

I mean, Sony has had what for all intents and purposes are NFTs in their trophy system and have refused to iterate on it.

I wouldn't hold my breathe that they all of a sudden figure it out.

This!!

Like give me an NFT for getting a plat which will give me discount for the DLC or even just a wallpaper, digital artbook or a theme.

Ok, that's a better explanation of it than what I've been seeing online. From a gaming perspective, it makes a bit more sense. All I see in social media is how much this celeb paid and followed it up with a bunch techno jargon, which confuses me even more.

So, take The Division, for example. Your basic looter-shooter... ppl grinding for hours to get equipment/items that only drop at a small percentage of the time. Would those considered to be NFTs? I guess the difference in gaming is that the item is usable in the game. I can get some sort of enjoyment in this virtual item. But the NFTs I keep seeing (like the ones from McLaren) are basically jpgs and some cert that I officially "own" it. 🤷‍♂️ With stuff like that, I feel like I'm being taken for a fool.

Yea, exactly but It will only be considered an NFT if the game is utilising a blockchain. Blockchains are basically a ledger no one can change with records of ownership and transactions.

You have a wallet, similar to a bank account which will contain your digital assets which can be a game/crypto currency or unique items like weapons skins, which will be NFTs. It's this tech that allows you to easily trade, sell or gift others digital items eith other players unlike traditional games where you basically just buy every DLC from the publisher.

So in that example of The Division, if they used blockchain then the items will be NFTS with the rarer loot commanding a higher price simply because of supply/demand.

The ones that celebs are buying now are just pictures but they've become like ID to a rich country club which is why they're so expensive. One of them had all owners of the NFT invited to a yaught party.

Other companies are just cashing in on the "collectibles" market to sell you something because people are hoping that the first edition Nike, Pepsi, Disney, Playboy NFT will be worth something in the future. IMO, we're in a bubble and there will be no demand for the majority of NFTs out there. Only ones with utility will survivie IMO and what better usecase is there for owning digital assets than gaming.

Last edited:
Sony not giving anything meaningful away for getting plats. Too many people hack the system.

Put so much time into P5 and P5R. I think P5 my save file was at like 120hrs :lol:

I know have to have over 100+ playing the game, I can’t wait for Persona 6.

I might finally pick it up. Just finished Fallout 4 so I have time for a time-consuming games.

It’s worth the money and make sure to purchase Royal for the extra content and quality of life changes in the game.

i need to continue P5 :blush:

You do, the story is incredible and the gameplay keeps you engaged!
Just started this game. Very interesting.

It’s worth it and as I said above get Royal for the additional content. Another trick to get an added bonus for Royal is if you have a save data file from Persona 5 then you receive $50,000 at the beginning plus other bonuses. So what I would do is download Persona 5 from the PlayStation Plus Collection, play until you can save, start Royal and then you get the bonuses.

is there a timeline on PS5 VR? Close to giving in and getting an oculus

Never mind just seen psvr2 got announced . Will hold off

unboxin tonight after dinner :evil:

telling u guys, that app HotStock is legit. put a guy i work with on to it today and literally 10 minutes after he installed he got those updates about the bestbuy restocks. he wound up getting one at 23rd street in nyc bestbuy. thats 4 i've gotten or been involved in getting in less than a month with that app.

There are very simple solutions which would just take a little curation. They just dont care enough to do so.
I agree. That’s why I made that statement. Sony don’t give a damn man :lol:

I’ve got plats for a decent amount of Sony titles and I think I’ve got a theme for getting the plats in HZD and Bloodborne. That’s all we got and they don’t even do that anymore :lol:

Other than possibly getting physical copies of games cheaper is there any tangible benefit of the bluray version?

A remake already, it was good but damn. Put that dev team into making part 3. I say that as someone who hasn't even played TLOU2 yet. I'm falling into washed territory, couldn't finish FF7R and bought tales of berseria and never bothered to download. My console gaming has been reduced to playing BR's in short sessions.

Sony not giving anything meaningful away for getting plats. Too many people hack the system.

Plats for hire :lol:

Most games don't even get completed and for me games are better towards the end when you've got the gameplay down and you're leveled up and reaching the climax of the story and fighting optional bosses.
If they can keep people engaged by rewarding them if they get a plat then it might been more sales for sequels.
Maybe give people who get the plat, one of the bonus items in the digital deluxe or collectors editions like the artbook or soundtrack.

Ratings killed the game but it should have launched in a better state. That being said, reviewers were harsh compared to Cyberpunk and how that launched.
Pretty sure Ghosts sold a lot more at full price and is rated higher compared to Days Gone so it would always be seen as more of a success.

Back
Top Bottom