The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So what will they really miss? FFXXVI?

It mentions mainline FF games, so unless we see the mobile ports come to console or another remake, I think XVII coming out this generation would be a miracle.

Well, pretty soon I'll have this bad boy up to really cement it. :nthat:

20220106_133437.jpg

I’ll give you one many gamers on those sites you mentioned don’t consider,
Having a bunch of game cases looks kiddish and kinda tacky when displayed. If that’s your thing cool but not every gamer wants to announce it to all their house guest immediately.

There are plenty of TV stands with drawers where you can store games if you have your console in a family room or whatever and don't want that stuff lying around.

Gonna be a good year for TVs - QD-OLED seems to be legit so can't wait for reviews even though I probably won't want to know the price.

So what will they really miss? FFXXVI?

It mentions mainline FF games, so unless we see the mobile ports come to console or another remake, I think XVII coming out this generation would be a miracle.

They're still waiting on FFVII Remake so XVI and Remake Volume 2 probably. We'll see how long Forspoken remains an excluisive as well

There are plenty of TV stands with drawers where you can store games if you have your console in a family room or whatever and don't want that stuff lying around.
Don’t want those plastic cases at all that’s essentially a key for a game you have to download anyway.

I should have got the disc version for sure.

Sony still dusty for that though. 100 dollars more you can get a disc whereas for the same price you can get a Series X that is a superior console in almost every area (controller).
I’d say they’re about even considering Sony (supposedly) has a much better SSD. The controller also has “next gen” tech. I personally don’t see the hype with the controller though :lol:

I’d say they’re about even considering Sony (supposedly) has a much better SSD. The controller also has “next gen” tech. I personally don’t see the hype with the controller though :lol:

It will be interesting to see what it can do with games like GT7. Could be epic.

With that being said it is the closet thing to VR I am gonna get. When the next gen drops primarily VR with haptic feedback gear etc. I am out the game :lol:. Just gonna be going through my backlog for the next 50 years.

Not sure where I was going with that but no I don’t agree that the PS5 is about even with Series X from a technical perspective. And don’t ask me why cause I don’t know details :lol:.

And PS5 needs 2k.

It will be interesting to see what it can do with games like GT7. Could be epic.

With that being said it is the closet thing to VR I am gonna get. When the next gen drops primarily VR with haptic feedback gear etc. I am out the game :lol:. Just gonna be going through my backlog for the next 50 years.

Not sure where I was going with that but no I don’t agree that the PS5 is about even with Series X from a technical perspective. And don’t ask me why cause I don’t know details :lol:.

And PS5 needs 2k.
2k is something that can (and probably will) be patched in at some point. It’s also known that most people do NOT play on a monitor. It’s either 1080p or 4K. Hell some of these boys probably still on 720p HD screens :lol:

Until MS starts dropping exclusives that can rival those of Sony, I don’t care how powerful the Series X is.

PC >>>>>>

:rofl:

2k is something that can (and probably will) be patched in at some point. It’s also known that most people do NOT play on a monitor. It’s either 1080p or 4K. Hell some of these boys probably still on 720p HD screens :lol:

Until MS starts dropping exclusives that can rival those of Sony, I don’t care how powerful the Series X is.

PC >>>>>>

:rofl:

You trying to tell me that not every one plays on a 4K 144HZ 1MS HDR G-Sync gaming monitor? Well I’ll be damned.

You had to throw PC in there :lol:

Last edited:
If I use the tried and true rating scale of "Hang Em High" being a 10 and "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" being a 1, it would sit somewhere around a "Vampire Money". Maybe even as good as a "Give 'Em Hell, Kid".
Wow. Early Sunsets isn’t a ******* 1.

Plats for hire :lol:

Most games don't even get completed and for me games are better towards the end when you've got the gameplay down and you're leveled up and reaching the climax of the story and fighting optional bosses.
If they can keep people engaged by rewarding them if they get a plat then it might been more sales for sequels.
Maybe give people who get the plat, one of the bonus items in the digital deluxe or collectors editions like the artbook or soundtrack.

Ratings killed the game but it should have launched in a better state. That being said, reviewers were harsh compared to Cyberpunk and how that launched.
Pretty sure Ghosts sold a lot more at full price and is rated higher compared to Days Gone so it would always be seen as more of a success.

The problem with that is why would they do that when they can charge you for that via DLC.

And PS5 needs 2k.

How Microsoft is handling and them selecting Seagate as their exclusive partner for expandable ssd storage is a joke. S*iet is way overpriced.

Yeah M.2 ssd internal extra storage space for PS5 is expensive right now also. But you have options and as time goes on this gen prices will continue to get cheaper.

The problem with that is why would they do that when they can charge you for that via DLC.

They will still charge but knowing you can get it for free could incentivise some to keep playing longer than they would have planned.
Playing more means more engagement so you're more likely to get the most out of the game and buy other DLC or the sequel closer to launch when the game is most expensive.

Most games don't get completed, let alone people going for the Platinum trophy. This was from March last year:

1641556971799.png

Giving rewards will be like Sony giving out Horizon and Ratchet & Clank for free during lockdown. Looked like goodwill but it's also a way to get more people to play the game after they'e already made the bulk of the profits when the games first came out. Now those people will be looking forward to Forbidden West and Rift Apart and might even buy it at full price.

Back
Top Bottom