The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I knew that was gonna be an issue. It’s been time to leave these PS4-only peasants in the past.

Please don’t take offense. My son is one of those peasants and I love him very much.

I'm imagining you typing this full of disgust like

triple-h-disgusted.gif

:lol:

^”Teach them the way!!”

What specs his PC have?

2080 Super
16GB Ram
Maybe an i5 9700k? I can’t remember the CPU off the top but I’m gonna be upgrading his parts in the near future when I PCS back to Texas. Then I’m going to use his old parts and some of my old parts and build another one for my 8 year and give it to him for his 9th birthday in April.

2080 Super
16GB Ram
Maybe an i5 9700k? I can’t remember the CPU off the top but I’m gonna be upgrading his parts in the near future when I PCS back to Texas. Then I’m going to use his old parts and some of my old parts and build another one for my 8 year and give it to him for his 9th birthday in April.
You in the military, bro?

That’s a nice looking rig!! Young man got a good dad who spoil him.

Props. As a recent retiree, thank you for your service.
Thank you for yours as well.

I think we chopped it up in the IT thread a while back. You retired as a USMC CWO3, right? I just crossed over to the WO side; 255N Network Management Technician.

I can’t wait to retire man :lol:

Thank you for yours as well.

I think we chopped it up in the IT thread a while back. You retired as a USMC CWO3, right? I just crossed over to the WO side; 255N Network Management Technician.

I can’t wait to retire man :lol:
Yessir. Same job. Taking a lil break from work right now. But I was working with a 255N CCIE for a position. Give you guys props on your schooling and placement.

I had an Army SGM who said I should apply (at the same time I did for the Marines). Not sure I could be definitely better opportunities in the Army.

Oh Strangers is definitely a spin-off, and because of that I was holding out they had used that as the excuse to try the new combat systems. From the time I was 16-17 I have preordered every FF and FF spin-off, but Strangers was the first one I skipped.

I did the same thing with XV.; plat'ing it before a patch. And the issues actually made me skip a good chunk of the DLC. Honestly, Dragon Quest XI probably hit way more of the things I enjoy about JRPG's than any of the last few FF's. VII Remake was kind of tethered to having to at least resemble the original in terms of the systems they used. I still preferred to play with the turn-based system.

Sales will always determine where the main series goes, so I can't fault them moving to action if that is what the masses want. To me, it just takes too much away from what the identity of the franchise.

I loved the spin-offs but it got overwhelming with the mobile games. Crisis-Core, Type-0, Dissidia. Those were my favourites.
Never got round to World of Final Fantasy. Sitll on the backlog. Same with Tactics

I could be wrong but when I look at Dragon Quest, it looks like a safe JRPG? Nothing wrong with that at all but I think SE just have to keep pushing the boundaries when it comes to FF.
One of the reasons why I love FFVII is because the setting was completely different to anything I'd played in the past. That plus the mini games just blew me away and I think it was them innovating and constantly pushing the boundaries.

I'm not sure the fans or public pushed for action combat. I think that was all internal direction. You could tell from interviews with Nomura and Kitase that it's what they've wanted to do once the tech allows for it. With Yakuza going to turn-based after being action, I don't think turn based is dead at all but I think FF have to keep on innovating on the battle system.

But me saying that to you must be like someone saying to me that Street Fighter or the Versus series should become 3D fighters instead of 2D and I would tell them absolutely not :lol:
There will be riots on the streets if that happens so I get it and think its actually a great discussion to have.

I hope this game doesn't stray too far. From what I've seen though, I love the emphasis on summons and that's the main thing that gets me hyped.

Dukie.gif

Tired of cross-gen.

It has to be dead after GOW.
Rumors are that SONY is going to increase their forecast for production by a lot next year so that PS4 can be laid to rest.

PSVR2 and no Cross gen and this gen can really get started.

Do you guys consider Gotham Knights a current Gen game?

And on that tip…I kind of felt the RE 4 remake footage was PS4 like.

It’s hard for me to say. They only cancelled the last gen version recently. They probably would have kept it had Cyberpunk 2077 not happened. I haven’t played it but based on what I’ve seen, I’d say it’s a poorly optimized last gen game. I think they only cancelled the last gen port because they had issues with the co-op piece.

Yeah. CP2077 is an example of a poorly optimized game. GK sounds about the same.

Admittedly, a 4090 struggles with both on max settings.

Back
Top Bottom