The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ron Burgundy Laughing GIF by The Late Late Show with James ...

I’m gonna get Nioh 2. I heard it’s really hard. I liked Elden Ring and Sekiro but have never finished a Souls game or Bloodborne. Interested to see how it compares.

I’m gonna get Nioh 2. I heard it’s really hard. I liked Elden Ring and Sekiro but have never finished a Souls game or Bloodborne. Interested to see how it compares.
I played nioh 2 a bit when it came out. I can probably give you a few pointers if you need help.

I find this quite fascinating...
As someone who doesn't play COD MP or do any online racing, is SBMM a bad thing? On the surface, it sounds like ppl are complaining that they don't get to bully and destroy other gamers who aren't as good.... but I'm sure that there's more to it than that.

As someone who doesn't play COD MP or do any online racing, is SBMM a bad thing? On the surface, it sounds like ppl are complaining that they don't get to bully and destroy other gamers who aren't as good.... but I'm sure that there's more to it than that.

There are a couple pretty distinct, hardline sides to this debate.

If you find your kill/death ratio or your winning percentage around average, it doesnt effect you at all. It usually means the competition you face is roughly the same as you.

The people this effects most are on the extremes; your streamer/high skill players, and your new/unskilled players. It tries to bring them as close to the mean as possible through matchmaking with the closest competition, usually just looking at recent results.

COD/Destiny/League, ect have a very vocal streamer base, who now having to be pit against one another and have much more difficult matches, typically hate it. The vast majority of the community either are okay with it, or arent even aware it exists.

I play Destiny frequently and pubstomping (high skilled players grouping up and playing in public lobbies) is a real thing and can lead to your average player becoming frustrated. I personally think SBMM should be involved, but a hybrid that takes connection strength in to account.

It is hilarious seeing these streamers justify their hate, while speaking to a follower base of people who usually wont ever experience it. "Trust me guys, this is killing the game!". :lol:

That’s exactly what it is. Famous streamer TimtheTatman says he won’t be streaming it because of SBMM. Dudes don’t want their fans watching them get their shoulders clapped :lol:

Another aspect is services that offer to run your account through high-end PVP content in order for you to get exclusive gear. They no longer can do so as easily. This is a small, but apparently super lucrative business that I wouldn't be surprised many streamers moonlight doing, so there may be some ulterior motives.

For example, you can pay someone, or a group to run you, yourself, through high-end content for a fee. In Destiny, getting 7 wins and no losses in their PVP Trials of Osiris nets you shaders, emblems, and weapon variations you cant get anywhere else. So some people are willing to pay if they cant do it themselves.

Another aspect is services that offer to run your account through high-end PVP content in order for you to get exclusive gear. They no longer can do so as easily. This is a small, but apparently super lucrative business that I wouldn't be surprised many streamers moonlight doing, so there may be some ulterior motives.

For example, you can pay someone, or a group to run you, yourself, through high-end content for a fee. In Destiny, getting 7 wins and no losses in their PVP Trials of Osiris nets you shaders, emblems, and weapon variations you cant get anywhere else. So some people are willing to pay if they cant do it themselves.
I assume most big time streamers do this now. These cats have all the high end camos for COD unlocked damn near day one. My brother and I had a conversation a while back and I mentioned that Twitch/YT kinda killed the fun in some of these games. Maybe I’m remembering different but it seemed like back in the day, everyone ran whatever loadouts they liked, thought we’re cool etc. now everyone just rocks out with whatever “big time streamer” is rolling with. You’ll jump into a lobby and everyone has the same exact loadout :smh:

Oh yea. I am guilty of it myself, "Whats the current Meta weapon?" But I think part of it comes from the RPG backgrround where you tried to always max out your party with the best gear/spells/ect.

Paying someone a fee to take you or your account through high end content for a chance at a random rolled piece of gear is crazy to me.

I'll just pay Sony $279 CAD for a controller to get a leg up on people in games that dont utilize the actual controllers advantages.

Oh yea. I am guilty of it myself, "Whats the current Meta weapon?" But I think part of it comes from the RPG backgrround where you tried to always max out your party with the best gear/spells/ect.

Paying someone a fee to take you or your account through high end content for a chance at a random rolled piece of gear is crazy to me.

I'll just pay Sony $279 CAD for a controller to get a leg up on people in games that dont utilize the actual controllers advantages.
this is why I always stuck to Auto Rifles in destiny 2. Always mediocre at worst and above average at best. But now that all the archetypes got buffs i'm ahead of the curve. :lol:

this is why I always stuck to Auto Rifles in destiny 2. Always mediocre at worst and above average at best. But now that all the archetypes got buffs i'm ahead of the curve. :lol:
Speaking of having someone take you or your account through high end content for a chance at a random rolled piece of gear, I may need some help with Lightblade GM. LFG is a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom