The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nnv2s496erw31.jpg
FAkq3XxVQCAuGL4.jpg

If what Bad Religion Bad Religion said is what they are complaining about in COD MP, then I love it.

Streamers finally playing people on their level/rank? That's awesome. :pimp::lol:

It honestly makes the experience much more enjoyable for the average joe. Because a beginner or a casual cant even get the chance to enjoy MP, because you are usually matched with people that are really good.

PO

If what Bad Religion Bad Religion said is what they are complaining about in COD MP, then I love it.

Streamers finally playing people on their level/rank? That's awesome. :pimp::lol:

It honestly makes the experience much more enjoyable for the average joe. Because a beginner or a casual cant even get the chance to enjoy MP, because you are usually matched with people that are really good.

PO

SBMM has its plus and minuses. If you’re on the top 50% of the ladder it makes matches more sweaty which is fine but at the same time get frustrating if you just want to get on for a few quick matches to kick **** and maybe mess around with builds/guns.

But for the bottom 40% it’s definitely a relief because they won’t get stomped as often. Negative is that some of those bottom might not improve as much as they could if they could go against better people. But the total casual will have more fun.

Streamers complain because it makes them actually have to work rather than just stomp. I mean **** ain’t free. Destiny 2 has loose SBMM and most people enjoy it even streamers. D1 had it too during the last year before D2 and it was mixed. We would
Play with good people and because of their ELO we’d get matched up with lots of streamers at times. For someone like me I would barely crack a 1.00 in those matches because I’d have to pace my play more as every kill and death mattered. But over time it taught me a lot about just the gameplay and movement.

I find this quite fascinating...
As someone who doesn't play COD MP or do any online racing, is SBMM a bad thing? On the surface, it sounds like ppl are complaining that they don't get to bully and destroy other gamers who aren't as good.... but I'm sure that there's more to it than that.

Man I can’t believe this. Boys just trying to run it up on players not as good as them. That’s crazy. Lol And legit mad about it. :lol:

Competition? Not at all. These guys want to drop 60+ bombs with minimal deaths. I’ve watched a few of these guys and most of time they’re just farming high kill games and clips that are worthy of being uploaded to YT for their channels. Some of these guys legitimately look miserable when they can’t get those clips because they’re looking to upload to YT multiple times per day. I kind of understand because it’s their “job” and how they get paid but it just sucks because these are guys that have somewhat of an influence on these live service games now. As soon as these guys start *****ing, a patch will soon follow.

And here I thought I was missing someone cuz gamers/streamers complaining about a 'fair' matchmaking system not allowing them to destroy inferior competition just sounded absolutely ridiculous. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Boohoo, I can't bully other gamers and make their gaming experience miserable. 🙄

To each his own.

If you like it then go ahead and enjoy it.

To me it was a game that i regretted buying.

Maybe DS2 (if it does come out) is a better experience.

Ah, I see.

My argument was more critically and commercially, Death Stranding was an objectively good game.

The laundry list of good-to-great games I hate is long, so I see what you are saying.

SBMM has its plus and minuses. If you’re on the top 50% of the ladder it makes matches more sweaty which is fine but at the same time get frustrating if you just want to get on for a few quick matches to kick **** and maybe mess around with builds/guns.

But for the bottom 40% it’s definitely a relief because they won’t get stomped as often. Negative is that some of those bottom might not improve as much as they could if they could go against better people. But the total casual will have more fun.

Streamers complain because it makes them actually have to work rather than just stomp. I mean **** ain’t free. Destiny 2 has loose SBMM and most people enjoy it even streamers. D1 had it too during the last year before D2 and it was mixed. We would
Play with good people and because of their ELO we’d get matched up with lots of streamers at times. For someone like me I would barely crack a 1.00 in those matches because I’d have to pace my play more as every kill and death mattered. But over time it taught me a lot about just the gameplay and movement.

These are all good points. My only push back would be that the vast majority of people in the bottom 40% as you note would either be casual players who are never going to play enough to improve anyway, or players who use PVP just to attain specific items and are just there to get through the match.

Its actually funny how this has come up at the same time there is a huge local discussion on minor hockey in my province. Kids have been pushed into older leagues if they have shown signs of exceling in their current age group. The argument is that this works for the elite kids, who may end up playing junior or professional hockey. For that group that excels in their age group but typically end up washing out at ****** or junior, the thought is that keeping them with kids their own age (and usually similar physical build) is actually better for their growth because the skill curve of their competition escalates more slowly. It also elevates the average to below average kids that are in the league because there is no longer a lack of talent.

Certainly differences in these examples, but interesting to see the similarities too.

**Edit I had no idea the word for U-18 hockey in Canada was edited on NT :lol: I guess it makes sense.

Hows the new MW2 so far? Thinking about coppin. Sure do miss the old days :lol:

I’m enjoying it. It won’t recapture the old days but that’s just reality. I’m 33 years old now :lol:

I read that they got rid of slide canceling and bunny hopping which is fine with me cause I can’t move like that anyway. My son seemed to be displeased :lol:

To touch back on my son with the peasant PS4. He been saying that MW2 was going to be trash due them getting rid of slide cancelling, bunny hopping etc. but he was still going to give it a try. I noticed he never downloaded it on his PS4. I was curious and asked about that. He actually thought I was going to let him play on my PS5 this weekend!!

B9C8E2AC-875E-4E02-B2E5-46CBF0A1A72E.gif

Im excited to hear you guys with older kids talk about it. My son is a couple years away from being able to play video games but I am excited to show him the world's biggest time-sink. :lol:

I just hope by then Microsoft hasn't ruined Sony's ability to compete.

Im excited to hear you guys with older kids talk about it. My son is a couple years away from being able to play video games but I am excited to show him the world's biggest time-sink. :lol:

I just hope by then Microsoft hasn't ruined Sony's ability to compete.
It’s fun to see them play with their friends too. I try and get them to play RPGs but the time to beat pushed my teenager away. He did manage to play and beat Kingdom Hearts 1&2 so it’s start.

Ah, I see.

My argument was more critically and commercially, Death Stranding was an objectively good game.

The laundry list of good-to-great games I hate is long, so I see what you are saying.
It's a well constructed, high quality game for sure. The objectives may just not be to everyone's liking.

I’m enjoying it. It won’t recapture the old days but that’s just reality. I’m 33 years old now :lol:

I read that they got rid of slide canceling and bunny hopping which is fine with me cause I can’t move like that anyway. My son seemed to be displeased :lol:
I can't front breaking the habit of wanting to slide cancel into a bunny hop around a corner is gonna take some time. I put in so many hours on warzone perfecting my movement and now it's back to the drawing board . :lol: No biggie though, that's part of the fun in getting a new game.

Back
Top Bottom