The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I beat GOW Ragnarok at 39 hours. As a dad with teenager boys, seeing the relationship between Kratos and Atreus hit different for me. I would say one of the things I enjoyed most was the banter between Kratos, Atreus and Mimir. I also really enjoyed the story too. It's easily my game of the year and one of my favorite PlayStation games. I'll give it a solid 9.8/10

I can understand people taking some issue with playing with Atreus. I didn't mind it as much, but I prefer melee combat over bow and arrow. His melee combos felt weak. It reminded me of the parts where you play as MJ in Spider-Man but you weren't tied to stealth only. It wasn't great but it could have been worse. I only hope that they don't intend to go forward with Atreus as the main character for a mainline game, but I can see a standalone expansion starring him looking for the remaining Giants. I don't necessarily want a reboot but I don't think you can get another game out of this saga, it's time to let Kratos rest.

I beat GOW Ragnarok at 39 hours. As a dad with teenager boys, seeing the relationship between Kratos and Atreus hit different for me. I would say one of the things I enjoyed most was the banter between Kratos, Atreus and Mimir. I also really enjoyed the story too. It's easily my game of the year and one of my favorite PlayStation games. I'll give it a solid 9.8/10

I can understand people taking some issue with playing with Atreus. I didn't mind it as much, but I prefer melee combat over bow and arrow. His melee combos felt weak. It reminded me of the parts where you play as MJ in Spider-Man but you weren't tied to stealth only. It wasn't great but it could have been worse. I only hope that they don't intend to go forward with Atreus as the main character for a mainline game, but I can see a standalone expansion starring him looking for the remaining Giants. I don't necessarily want a reboot but I don't think you can get another game out of this saga, it's time to let Kratos rest.

I'm at about 40 hours right now myself and feel like I still have a ways to go.

Been following the critical path but any time side missions pop up I tend to shift my focus on them.

How far am I from the endgame?

Just finished going to Helheim and fighting Garm. Transferred Fenrir's soul into Garm's body.

The bonding between Atreus and Kratos in this segment hit me in the feels.

The next critical path stuff I have to is go to Vanaheim to catch up with Freya.

How much side content you still have left to do?

Did you beat any of the Berserker's yet?

What level and armor are you rocking?

Picked up TLOU Part 2 and Unpacking from the Black Friday Sale.

Fully expecting the latter to be available on PS+ Extra or Premium next month. :lol: :smh:

I'm at about 40 hours right now myself and feel like I still have a ways to go.

Been following the critical path but any time side missions pop up I tend to shift my focus on them.

How far am I from the endgame?

Just finished going to Helheim and fighting Garm. Transferred Fenrir's soul into Garm's body.

The bonding between Atreus and Kratos in this segment hit me in the feels.

The next critical path stuff I have to is go to Vanaheim to catch up with Freya.

How much side content you still have left to do?

Did you beat any of the Berserker's yet?

What level and armor are you rocking?
In terms of chapters, you'd be on chapter 13 out of 17. If I were to guess, I'd say you have about 5-7 hours remaining.

I have a lot of side content left to do. I had only beat one berserker but have since beaten 2 more bringing my total to 3 out of 12. I did most side quests as they popped up. There was one or two that I came across in Vanaheim that was stomping me but that was mostly due to a damn dragon interfering with a boss fight. I have to figure out how to kill him first before trying that one again.

As far as gear and armor, I leveled my weapons to level 7 for axe and blades, level 6 for spear. I have the dragon scale armor and it is level 6 or 7. I actually got a trophy for crafting the armor which surprised me because I did not use any guides as it was my first playthrough.

Now that I've beaten the game, I did go and look at some stuff for the platinum trophy. You definitely need to get to level 8 minimum before you can have a chance at the level 9 post game boss(es). I don't intend to lower the difficulty, so we'll see how it goes :lol:

picked up 2k23 at bestbuy... thanks for the link...I'm contemplating if I should cop the controller... its $20 off only lol... If ps plus is 40 or less somewhere I need one of those too.... my subscription ends on 12/1

Cheapest right now is $44 on the PS store.

I’m hoping cdkeys drops its down to $29.99 soon. I heard you can stack 1 year subs again.

I’ve had a run of buying games on sale for them to go on ps plus/extra a month or two later so I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on tlou2 :lol:

It was added to the PS+ Extra/Premium catalogue a few weeks ago. I was about 5 hours in before Tactics Ogre dropped. Really fun game. Basically what Avengers should have been honestly.

I bought the deluxe edition last year during Black Friday for $40. That steelbook case got me. I don’t regret buying it at this price at all. I’ve been meaning to do a 2nd play through and get the platinum. The 80’s throwback soundtrack to the game is dope also :pimp:

E908F357-30A7-4C40-9893-5FF9CEEF4E9E.jpeg

Pulled the trigger on this at $39.99 from Best Buy. Not trying to save $5 off when Walmart will have it for $35 on door buster Black Friday deal. Hope I don’t regret buying this.

We gotta run one day. I was pretty trash in WZ1 but admittedly didn’t give it much time as I was consumed by Apex. From what I can tell, WZ2 puts more emphasis on ground loot which to me is what a BR is supposed to be. Drop, loot, kill, survive. It’s not fun dropping in and getting destroyed by teams that grind Shipment for a weekend to get the OP load outs within 5 minutes of dropping in WZ :lol:

I am always down

This proximity chat is awesome. ****s so funny being around randoms

The only thing i hate truly is the AI - No BR should have god damn bots but i get the reasoning for it

I am always down

This proximity chat is awesome. ****s so funny being around randoms

The only thing i hate truly is the AI - No BR should have god damn bots but i get the reasoning for it
WZ2 has bots? I thought that was only DMZ. COD is too damn popular for bots :lol:

picking up a friends PS5 he never plays next week, coming over from xbox and havent gamed in a couple years, already scopped modern warfare from ebay for $65 i hope it doesnt get any cheaper during the holidays lol, do i need any kind of subscription like xbox live to play CoD online? also plan on getting madden and fifa when theyre on sale for BF

^ you need ps plus which is 60 a year but currently on sale for 45 on PSN... I'll wait until black friday maybe something will be cheaper by then lol

I’m too casual for warzone. Can’t be having my headset on whole time while kids and wifey are in the background doing what they do. I’ll stick to apex where I can play without the headset and not feel like I’m straight food for my footsteps.

Back
Top Bottom