The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is admittedly a terrible habit of mine. I HAVE to play the game while its hot in the streets :lol:

I deaded this habit years ago.

I felt some type of way seeing games chilling on my PS4 then that I never touched for years going on nice sales by the time I actually got around to playing them.

I only buy games on release date that I know I'm gonna play right away i.e. GOW: Ragnarok.

If this an attempt from MS to “look good”, I wonder why Sony would pay to put them in the service. Same thing with Mincecraft Dungeons last month.

The deal was probably done a while ago, before the court case started to really heat up but even then I think MS is doing everything to make this deal go through.

Putting on my conpsiracy hat for a brief second, I find it weird how Series consoles are down on sales year on year in it's third year which is when consoles start to reach their peak in terms of sales. Won't surprise me if there's a bit of self sabotage to look better to the regulators :emoji_eyes:

I barely see any adverts and supply chain has been resolved on Sony's side and don't see why it won't for MS since it's all the same core AMD parts made by the same manufacturer.

Things already looking different as the deal nears closing.

Lupe Fiasco for SF5 and now Lil Wayne for SF6. Let's see if he plays a set with Daigo too

Feel like with the high profile fighting games it’s either get in from the beginning but get ready to commit $120-$150 in base game and DLCs. Or wait years, miss out on all the hype as the meta develops and DLCs drop, and by the time you’re in you’re playing catch-up to the hardcore player base left.

As much as I want to get tekken 8 and sf6 from the jump it just seems like too much of a financial and time investment. Labbing combos, learning frame data, counters, and how to play against common cheeses and strats of other fighters online. It’s rewarding but when I’m also being asked to pony up $150 on top of grind, idk it’s hard to pull the trigger.

Good thing is this game has a lot of side content so the single player experience should be good whenever you buy the game.
Going online is when it gets depressing. :lol:

I'll never forget beating Seth on hard mode on SF4 and feeling myself then went online thinking I would stand a chance.
I'll be fine with single player content if its good and playing people around my level around Ultra Bronze :lol:
Might get a hitbox as well since they're getting more popular and look like the best way to play. I won't even think about frame data and all that until execution is up to par.

Let me put it like this I just started playing HZD for the first time recently and have had the game since it came out in 2017. :lol: :smh:

In preparation for Ragnarok I finally played God of War 2018 for the first time last year but have had it shortly after it dropped.

Same here. Got HZD and Spider-Man at launch on PS4. Finished HZD year before and Spider-Man Remastered after selling the PS4 version without playing it.
Was also late to FFVII-Re but I always wanted a PS5 version so the wait was a bit unpurpose.

Capture.JPG

I'm at that point where trailers are dropping and people are getting hyped about sequels and I haven't played the previous game. :lol:
At least it's usually bug free and more polished but then again you get situations like GT7 where they wipe the damn friend leaderboards. :smh:

Im officially the old man telling kids to stay of my lawn with this FF footage.

Other than looking amazing visually, nothing about the gameplay even remotely interests me.

All that backlash they got, let’s see what they do now.

Right, I wonder if a year is enough time for them to flesh out a single player campaign though like people want and give characters unique and canon fighting abilities instead of the goofy and forced shooter live service model.

I’m really glad we’re at the point as consumers where the backlash has gotten meaningfully strong to things like that and bs microtransactions. Add to that the whole crypto NFT ish they were hoping would catch on and that square enix seems to still be trying to pursue.

Solid point. I'd recommend double agent (og Xbox version, not the 360v) if you haven't. Should be on the backwards compat list.
We do need a new splintercell, with original cast. Lack of the latter was my main criticism.

Double Agent is my favorite in the series next to Pandora Tomorrow.

Conviction was fun for its time.
Just finished conviction it was good for what it is but yeah low tier on the splinter cell rankings. Think I’ll try blacklist again next.

When she pulled out that "weapon":wow::wow::wow:
That final shot w the Horus:wow::wow::wow:

I'm still on my 2nd playthrough NG+ ultra hard
aka just grinding shards/getting all legendary weapons upgraded
Can't wait to jump into this directly after.

Last edited:
since there has been some Splinter Cell talk lately, im drawing a blank but back when i lived with my roomate a bunch of us would play this mode where you took turns being a shooter and spy. you had to be all stealthy and take out the shooter. does anyone know what game im talking about?

If it’s Spies vs Mercs, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Blacklist all had that mode.

But from what I remember, all MP modes were online based. Even the co-op on Conviction.

If it’s Spies vs Mercs, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Blacklist all had that mode.

But from what I remember, all MP modes were online based. Even the co-op on Conviction.

ah ok it was deff online from what i remember and the days of the PS3/360 if that helps narrow it a bit.

i also didnt know that was a mode that they all had. id buy just to play that again. lol used to love playing as the spy choking people out. :lol:

GT7 License IA-10. This in VR :wow:

I was in the zone. Took me a couple of hours but finally did it. Realy have to put everything into practice. Braking, throttle control and nailing the apexes.
Can only imagine how this will be with a wheel.

Now onto the S Licenses and I'm sure this is where the rage will begin. Already seeing that S-10 is over 2 minutes long on a half wet track on slicks :smh:
Might have to be humble and just settle for Bronze here on out.

Yeah it is pretty wild to see her greying out.

Ironically,
I'm playing Life is Strange for the first time.
Refreshing to hear her in another role.

GT7 License IA-10. This in VR :wow:

I was in the zone. Took me a couple of hours but finally did it. Realy have to put everything into practice. Braking, throttle control and nailing the apexes.
Can only imagine how this will be with a wheel.

Now onto the S Licenses and I'm sure this is where the rage will begin. Already seeing that S-10 is over 2 minutes long on a half wet track on slicks :smh:
Might have to be humble and just settle for Bronze here on out.
S-10 drove me mad. Eventually golded it, but still 😫

Back
Top Bottom