The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screenshot_2023-04-09-08-28-32-70_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Wow, I just modded my PS Vita after the talk on here and… HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

It’s insanely easy now and you don’t need to connect it to a PC AT ALL. You just go in the vita browser, type up a certain site, and it does most of the work for you. Legit took me only 5 min to do it, 15 min overall to download the required apps.

Basically have access to the full ps1/psp/vita library.
Could you pm the website?

I'd love to have access to the PSP/Vita library especially Ridge Racer 1 and 2.

Pretty great vid and a ton of amazing moments.
-original playstation announcement
-That crazy 3rd party support for PS2
-Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, TLOU first look gameplay
-Playstation Eye and the Move demos
-PS3
- That Ps4 announcement
-FFVII Remake announcement(2015:wow:)
-That GOW reveal :wow:

As big as games like AC and COD are, I don't think I ever wanted them on Vita. Vita really should have had real L2/R2 buttons too. 3rd party support is huge but Sony also is sitting on IPs that may have been big for Vita; Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank etc. Hell they could have revived Wild ARMs and Legend of Dragoon on there. If Sony isn't supporting the platform, why should anybody else?

How are ya'll feeling about the future of PSVR2? I wanted to cop but I won't until it's $400 or less. $550 for niche product is wild, imo. That's not including the fact you have to own a PS5 also. Sony's support for Vita has me even more worried unless the sales for PSVR2 start to pickup.

You're right that no one should support it if Sony isn't but Sony's not the first one to give up on the platform. The audience was first, then the 3rd parties, a lot who weren't there to begin with and then Sony. No point trying to keep a dead console alive after a while if it's not salvagable. Compared to the PSP, Vita sales were really bad from the beginning. They still hide it till this day. :lol:

1681129201788.png

Vita had Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Unit 13, Modnations, hot Shots Golf all around launch. It also had a Ratchet, Sly Cooper, Killzone, Little Big Planet (Best version too) but those did nothing cuz the audience was gone. One thing I will definitly blame Sony on is not having a line up of studios in Japan like NA and Europe. Polyphony and Japan Studios wasn't enough and it's come back to bite them.

VR as a whole is struggling.

PSVR 2 is on the same path as Vita for similar and different reasons. Hardware is great value for money when you compare it to other headsets like the $1800 Quest Pro but its still expensive. It's a BIG jump from the first PSVR but for that kind of money, the game library needs to be on point. Right now it's mainly a bunch of Quest2 ports which are great but a lot of them were made for mobile hardware. It needs more experiences like GT7, Half Life Alyx and RE Village.

What Sony needs is for more of their games to have VR modes and some sort of pipeline for third party games to easily create VR modes for their games. They actually said this is the case.

1681131214603.png

In theory, it should mean you won't need to split development like supporting a console and handheld so more games. On PC, you have so many games unofficially modded for VR so Sony really needs to make this happen for devs on PS5.

If the price drops lower and we get more established titles in VR modesthen there's a chance it will survive.
A lot of people look at VR games like tech demos but it's hard to advertise immersion on a flat screen so the big games need to come out in VR to get people in the door. GT7 has done that for some.

It's not looking good at the moment though and I won't be suprised if there isn't a PSVR 3 but its still early days. I also think with price being the main barrier, tech could improve things so it gets cheaper to manufacture. Vita lauched at $249 so price was never an issue, just apathy.

Meta releasing the quest 3 and Apple's rumored headset could also help the whole VR landscape but we'll see. There's also the motion sickness side which adds another layer.

I didn’t finish it back then and wanted to play a stealth game. maybe that’s why I’m enjoying it much more now.
Solid point. I'd recommend double agent (og Xbox version, not the 360v) if you haven't. Should be on the backwards compat list.
We do need a new splintercell, with original cast. Lack of the latter was my main criticism.

Anyone else not seeing other friends on the GT7 license leaderboards?

Also did anyone get the plat? Doesn't look as bad as GT5 but could be very grindy. I'm sure the S licenses will be a headache as well.

Anyone else not seeing other friends on the GT7 license leaderboards?

Also did anyone get the plat? Doesn't look as bad as GT5 but could be very grindy. I'm sure the S licenses will be a headache as well.
I think they reset all the leaderboards.

As for the griding, there are 3 main races with good payouts, IIRC. I usually do the Sardegna one which has a +700k payout for around 25mins a race.

Back
Top Bottom