The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There hasnt been true fanboyism on Niketalk since the PS3/360 era.

With maybe a few rare exceptions, all the regulars have their preferences but I rarely see anyone posting anything wildly egregious. And if it is, it is entirely for laughs.
Smh, good times fr.
Fs3li09aIAI_Y7S.jpeg

There hasnt been true fanboyism on Niketalk since the PS3/360 era.

With maybe a few rare exceptions, all the regulars have their preferences but I rarely see anyone posting anything wildly egregious. And if it is, it is entirely for laughs.

Those old threads use to be wild.

Dudes wanted to meet in Temecula to fight to the death in defense of Sony's and Microsoft's honor. :lol: :smh:

E3 2013 was a wild ride :lol:
Can't believe this was 10 years ago. :wow:
Gifs really peaked that year.

View media item 449797:lol:

I might have to read the thread alongside the streams for nostalgia.

Some fallen soldiers in that thread too.
Good times

Apparently another critical flop for LBox with redfall.

LBox? How old are you?

I honestly thought anyone with a pulse knew Redfall was gonna suck. It’s looked trash since the reveal.

But that Tears of the Kingdom? GOTY… Y’all just do t know how good this game is.

LBox? How old are you?

C9D52083-1782-448E-A96E-779139D9A546.jpeg

Y’all take banter too seriously. MS underperforming is an L for all gamers who want quality games. Imo it’s massive gaming news akin to Sony continually missing the mark with their AAA exclusives. Saw nothing in the xb thread, so posted here for discussion since that thread isn’t as active and there is some level of relevance for PS owners too and the general state of gaming.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Redfall underperforming "massive gaming news"

I literally don't know anyone that was looking forward to it and Arkane was developing it before MS purchased them.

If it was a Forza/Gears/Fable/Halo title yeah, but not Redfall.

I wouldn't consider Redfall underperforming "massive gaming news"

I literally don't know anyone that was looking forward to it and Arkane was developing it before MS purchased them.

If it was a Forza/Gears/Fable/Halo title yeah, but not Redfall.

I see the point, definitely not as big as one of those being a letdown. But still big nonetheless imo when a AAA bombs. I guess our bars are different, I thought Gotham knights and Forspoken (9 figure type games) being received poorly was big news too. And then when you have someone fairly respected like ACG calling redfall one of the worst games he’s played this year, the extent of how poor it is makes it bigger news too. Then you add how much Sony AAA’s have been hitting and xb missing…

But respect the difference of opinion.

MS really isn’t underperforming. I just think the standard Sony and to a extent Nintendo has set is really that high to achieve, especially when the industry doesn’t outright support everything you do.

Redfall being an potential flop is a disappointment no doubt no matter how you want to slice it up. I didn’t have any expectations or hype for it simply due to the fact that it was a co-op game, but I want anything MS/Xbox exclusive to succeed to help further their foothold in the console market.

Disappointing after I enjoyed Deathloop so much. Vampires have never really interested me so I wasn't paying attention to it.

I see the point, definitely not as big as one of those being a letdown. But still big nonetheless imo when a AAA bombs. I guess our bars are different, I thought Gotham knights and Forspoken (9 figure type games) being received poorly was big news too. And then when you have someone fairly respected like ACG calling redfall one of the worst games he’s played this year, the extent of how poor it is makes it bigger news too. Then you add how much Sony AAA’s have been hitting and xb missing…

But respect the difference of opinion.

I feel like with Forspoken and Gotham were forgotten about entirely with their flops after a week or 2. Whereas Cyberpunk went on for a minute. That's the difference I see in the Redfall situation

MS really isn’t underperforming. I just think the standard Sony and to a extent Nintendo has set is really that high to achieve, especially when the industry doesn’t outright support everything you do.

Redfall being an potential flop is a disappointment no doubt no matter how you want to slice it up. I didn’t have any expectations or hype for it simply due to the fact that it was a co-op game, but I want anything MS/Xbox exclusive to succeed to help further their foothold in the console market.

I think they're underperforming. 30% drop in hardware revenue YoY is a lot while Sony is breaking records. It's probably supply issues but I still don't understand how Sony sorted it out time ago and MS still have issues. Doesn't help that they have to split the silicon between Series S and X when Series X is more desirable.

They can't have more quarters like this since the console is meant to be the main trojan horse for Gamepass. Speaking of Gamepass though, the subscribers grew but they can't have more releases like Redfall if they want to pad the lineup.

I think with Forza, Starfield and increased supply they will bounce back in the 2nd half of the year. Competition will be fierce though with Spider-Man 2.

Feel like Sony’s mismanaging of how to play the PS5 upgrade of Spider-Man has been anti-consumer from the jump. First the whole stupid thing of having to buy MM ultimate or paying $20 through MM. And now not letting people who pay for ps plus/extra upgrade. And after all this wait it’s essentially just discounted $10 compared to getting it through MM years ago, or paying $50

These are options that should have been available on release in 2020, and it should be hitting extra now.

Can I ask why? the games are undeniable except for maybe 2ish of them
It’s not a game that holds your hand from objective to objective. I spent the 3-4 hours I played of BotW watching YouTube guides on how to progress further through the story. Had similar issues with OoT when I was a kid.

Gameplay itself isn’t bad, but it’s not fun playing a game like that.

Back
Top Bottom