The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a tall task, but it can be done. They “technically” won the 360/PS3 generation.

A lot of people bought PS3s too because they were the cheapest BD players at the time... but even though $600 is easier to swallow than 1k (what BD players cost when they first dropped) $600 is still a lot of money for your average gamer.

Giving RDR2 another shot. I ended last time maybe a few hours after the whole earlyish game bar thing. Do y’all recommend starting a new game or just picking up where I left off?

Edit: f it will most likely start over. Don’t really remember the mechanics or plot.

Funny enough, I've never played a Zelda game. I just ignored it when I saw it wasn't an RPG back in the day.

Worldwide. Don’t go posting the #s, I already know Sony eventually surpassed them once the new consoles releases.

PS3 came out a year earlier so had to outsell 360 every year to close the gap. It would've happened earlier but Kinect delayed it after it's launch.

That being said, Sony lost all the profit they made from PS2. PSN got hacked and got dragged compared to XBLive. They lost in more ways than one.
It was mainly Europe helping to close the gap for the PS3 cuz they took a beating in NA. Xbox had the biggest mindshare in the biggest market. It even outsold the Wii there. I remember them MS NPD tweets like this :lol: :

They then traded in all that progress to get a taste of that casual crowd money with the Kinect and then doubled down for the XBOne, forgetting their core audience that got them to that position. Add some terrible DRM policies into the mix and the rest is history.

I can’t lie, I don’t know anybody IRL who was looking for a blu ray player. Dudes was rocking DVDs until Netflix (streaming) took over :lol:

I can’t lie, I don’t know anybody IRL who was looking for a blu ray player. Dudes was rocking DVDs until Netflix (streaming) took over :lol:

My public library system is fire for video games and movies. And it’s crazy to me that they still get more new releases in on dvd than blu ray. A quick google search shows me that DVDs do indeed still dominate the physical media space for tv/movies.

On top of that a ton of the libraries within the system including mine just stopped ordering 4K blu-rays altogether because it’s so niche. Since I’ve got da ps5, HDR 4K, and an atmos 5.1 setup it’s still my preferred way of watching movies I feel have the A/V quality to really benefit though.

Giving RDR2 another shot. I ended last time maybe a few hours after the whole earlyish game bar thing. Do y’all recommend starting a new game or just picking up where I left off?

Edit: f it will most likely start over. Don’t really remember the mechanics or plot.
Def start over and enjoy the ride. It's a slow but great burn.

Def start over and enjoy the ride. It's a slow but great burn.

Yea we’ll see how it goes this time. Could be the right game for me. I’m in between having just finished med school and starting residency so feels like now or never to give it another shot since I’ll have the down time (other than some travel plans.)

Yeah.. I just accepted the fact that RDR arent for me... which I knew from the furst game, but the hype got me.

World immersion is a big thing in RDR games, if it doesn't click with you then you definitely won't enjoy it. It will also test your patience.
I know literally one other person that has beat the second one :lol: all my other friends/family couldn't get through it

Y’all got me like

1683325868288.jpeg

with the replies. I retried Witcher 3 a few months back and it clicked with me this time (albeit with much improved graphics and better gameplay,) so hopefully this will too.

I always look at it like Microsoft tripled their sales from Xbox to Xbox 360. Sony went from 155 million on PS2 to like 87 million on PS3. Microsoft definitely won that gen.
When we say Microsoft won, are we just ignoring the LTD Wii sales?

Sony definitely fumbled that generation with the cell processor, high price tag, lackluster initial properties (since they no longer had the benefit of titles that became multi platform).

Xbox fumbled all the good Will with the Xbox one launch. While Sony tired to garner good will.

Back
Top Bottom