The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel like Sony’s mismanaging of how to play the PS5 upgrade of Spider-Man has been anti-consumer from the jump. First the whole stupid thing of having to buy MM ultimate or paying $20 through MM. And now not letting people who pay for ps plus/extra upgrade. And after all this wait it’s essentially just discounted $10 compared to getting it through MM years ago, or paying $50

These are options that should have been available on release in 2020, and it should be hitting extra now.
Paid $40 for AMM Ultimate during BF last year. Didn’t think I would find a deal better than that.

It’s not a game that holds your hand from objective to objective. I spent the 3-4 hours I played of BotW watching YouTube guides on how to progress further through the story. Had similar issues with OoT when I was a kid.

Gameplay itself isn’t bad, but it’s not fun playing a game like that.
That’s a weird criticism. Botw is all about exploring

I get what rbk93 rbk93 is saying. I don't want my hand to be held but I also don't want to spend hours trying to figure out where to go. I get that some people buy these open world games with the intention of playing for 250+ hours but I want to finish my games in a timely manner and move on to the next one. That said, I'm looking forward to TotK. I just need some good dungeons, about 100 less shrines and memorable music and I'll be good.

I overall enjoyed BOTW but feel like the main loop was finding/grinding shrines to level up. I’d call it shrinding and sing it like grinding in my head to get through the monotony :lol:

Weapons breaking also brought out the worst in my hoarding. I was disappointed that durability without a DS-like repair mechanic was returning in TOTK.

BoTW is a masterpiece imo and deserves all the acclaim it receives.

It truly is a game that is dependent on the user's own creativity and curiosity.

The ONLY complaint I have with it is the Master Sword and Shield. Those 2 items should NOT have durability and break what so ever imo.

BoTW is a masterpiece imo and deserves all the acclaim it receives.

It truly is a game that is dependent on the user's own creativity and curiosity.

The ONLY complaint I have with it is the Master Sword and Shield. Those 2 items should NOT have durability and break what so ever imo.

Yea it was my first Zelda game and I probably played it with the wrong mindset. I was more focused on combat and overcoming the challenge to beat it. And didn’t really have the appreciation of exploration and freedom I have more of now.

I get what rbk93 rbk93 is saying. I don't want my hand to be held but I also don't want to spend hours trying to figure out where to go. I get that some people buy these open world games with the intention of playing for 250+ hours but I want to finish my games in a timely manner and move on to the next one. That said, I'm looking forward to TotK. I just need some good dungeons, about 100 less shrines and memorable music and I'll be good.

THIS. i havent finished BotW because of it. i also dont want my hand held but would like more direction.

I have BotW. Its a great game, but it didnt grab me personally. The durability thing is such an irritation for me.

Watching my nephew play it, it reinforces what a few of you have said. He doesnt care what he "should" be doing. Hes getting ingredients to cook meals to try to see how far he can make it in the winter environment without armor, he is trying to blast boulders into enemies for funny death animations, ect. He treats it like an open-world game, rather than how I would treat it as an RPG in an open world setting.

Guys given this is the Playstation thread can you put this nintendo discourse in spoilers please.

EYE don't want to lower my testosterone levels through inadvertent exposure.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

i still havent beaten botw i agree what people are saying i had the same issue with elden ring really dont feel like wasting hours trying to progress thru the game.

great game tho i can only imagine how many hours you can spend playing the new one coming out.

i like the way the new jedi game handles open world gives you direction and huge worlds to explore

This option should been made available right when Spiderman Miles Morales released with the PS5 3 years ago. Sony milked it by making only available before with the ultimate launch edition of Spiderman Miles Morales.
At this point, I'm expecting the game to be delayed. Isn't the target date for this fall and the only thing shown was the teaser?

We didn’t see Ragnarok until a few months out. I’m not saying it won’t be delayed but this seems to be the new way Sony does things in regards to their first party titles. Insomniac also reiterated that it’s coming this year.

You can just go ahead and beat it because
(Minor spoiler at this point)

There is no endgame. It just reverts you back to before the final boss

My biggest issue with the game.

Back
Top Bottom