The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When we say Microsoft won, are we just ignoring the LTD Wii sales?

Sony definitely fumbled that generation with the cell processor, high price tag, lackluster initial properties (since they no longer had the benefit of titles that became multi platform).

Xbox fumbled all the good Will with the Xbox one launch. While Sony tired to garner good will.
I think we just accepted the fact that Nintendo is its own thing. Dudes were high on Wii and its sales. Wii U dropped and nobody wanted to talk about it going up against PS4/X1. Word to that boy Nawghtyhare :lol:

Assault on the Manor

Bank job in St Denis

Tobacco fields

Hot Air balloon

Swamp at night on the water with the gator

That's just off the top of my head

They're not cool. They're not.

:lol:

The world map is in a league of its own. The visuals are top-notch. The details are endless. From a production standpoint, it is a fantastic game.

But it all falls apart with the gameplay. The systems aren't fun to interact with.

What those walkthroughs don't show you is how quick they are to slap you with a mission failed if you deviate from the narrow path R* wants you to take.

The open-world stuff is not much different. There is a lot of stuff to do, but most of it is shallow and unsatisfying. They make this whole big map and give you next to no agency when it comes to completing objectives.

I think everyone scrunched their face when you picked out the perfect camping spot only to have the game teleport you to the closest pre-determined destination, with your campfire roaring totally unprotected from the down-pouring rain.

That said, can the production carry a play-through? Yeah.

I played the **** out of it at launch, but I've soured on it big time since then.

Let's all rank these RDR 2 Legendary animal hunts 1 (coolest) through 5 (least cool).

I'll go first

This is the **** I'm talking about. What happened here? These legendary animals are served up on a platter after walking a few steps between witcher vision points. Nobody could take these things down until Arthur Morgan came along. Really?

I forget how these are setup. Where do you learn the locations of the legendary animals? They just get drawn on the map once you enter that location?

Last edited:
I have a feeling Media Molecule is next.
I read PixelOpus is like a 20 man studio so maybe they’ll just get absorbed into another studio.

I have no words for Media Molecule. No idea why Sony let them fiddle around with Dreams for so long. What’s crazy is that they didn’t put it on PC or just make it free to everyone.

RDR and GTA movement is trash but I'm not gonna knock the game for linearity in terms of the mission. I don't think every game needs to take the full open world approach like BotW and Skyrim. Ya'll want every game to let you go and knock down a tree from the other side of the map which then smashes the house of the target enemy and kills them...mission accomplished :lol:

Let's all rank these RDR 2 Legendary animal hunts 1 (coolest) through 5 (least cool).

I'll go first

This is the **** I'm talking about. What happened here? These legendary animals are served up on a platter after walking a few steps between witcher vision points. Nobody could take these things down until Arthur Morgan came along. Really?

I forget how these are setup. Where do you learn the locations of the legendary animals? They just get drawn on the map once you enter that location?

I had more trouble killing the animals in the first game.

Not really sure how to decide which was coolest. For me, I’d have to consider the overall look of the animal, and the rewards you get for killing, skinning, then selling. And on that note, I need to go back and play again lol.

But the legendary panther definitely gave me problems at first. Bruh on some setup mess, especially that first time you find it.

They're not cool. They're not.

:lol:

The world map is in a league of its own. The visuals are top-notch. The details are endless. From a production standpoint, it is a fantastic game.

But it all falls apart with the gameplay. The systems aren't fun to interact with.

What those walkthroughs don't show you is how quick they are to slap you with a mission failed if you deviate from the narrow path R* wants you to take.

The open-world stuff is not much different. There is a lot of stuff to do, but most of it is shallow and unsatisfying. They make this whole big map and give you next to no agency when it comes to completing objectives.

I think everyone scrunched their face when you picked out the perfect camping spot only to have the game teleport you to the closest pre-determined destination, with your campfire roaring totally unprotected from the down-pouring rain.

That said, can the production carry a play-through? Yeah.

I played the **** out of it at launch, but I've soured on it big time since then.

Like what you like man they were cool to me :lol:

I prefer linearity to my games. You know what you're getting gameplay wise with a Rockstar game so it wasn't anything that let me down when I played it.

jedi survior's map + map design is god awful. its like a chore just to get form point A to point B

they got fast travel not sure what you mean

just beat the story as well game felt awfully short glad I decided to pick this one up on disc bout to go trade it in

RDR and GTA movement is trash but I'm not gonna knock the game for linearity in terms of the mission. I don't think every game needs to take the full open world approach like BotW and Skyrim. Ya'll want every game to let you go and knock down a tree from the other side of the map which then smashes the house of the target enemy and kills them...mission accomplished :lol:

Yes, that's exactly what I want.

It's kind of a waste of this big honkin map to funnel you down the exact narrow path the game wants you to take. It's one thing if a Call of Duty campaign does it because that's over in about 5 hours. RDR 2 is hours and hours without adding interesting mechanics. It's made worse by the fact that the controls are bad.

Not really sure how to decide which was coolest. For me, I’d have to consider the overall look of the animal, and the rewards you get for killing, skinning, then selling. And on that note, I need to go back and play again lol.

But the legendary panther definitely gave me problems at first. Bruh on some setup mess, especially that first time you find it.

I was being sarcastic. They are all the same exact boring sequence.

Like what you like man they were cool to me :lol:

I prefer linearity to my games. You know what you're getting gameplay wise with a Rockstar game so it wasn't anything that let me down when I played it.

You know what's a great linear campaign? Max Payne 3. A Rockstar game with good controls. That was a good idea by them to make a game with good controls. Too bad they never did anything like that since.

Tempting... but my 2TB is still holding strong. Will wait for the prices to keep dropping and for my 2TB to fill up.
considering the price they are right now, I'm very tempted to buy another 2TB Nvme and replace my old slower OG 1TB ssd m.2. however, I have only utilized half of my 2TB drive and another empty 1TB drive. I might also free up an additional 100GB from my boot drive, so I guess I'm good for now as long as I don't install or download some massive files in the next 2 years. probably save the money for a cpu and mobo upgrade.

Yeah like with any tech related to PC or console prices will continue to fall for M.2 SSD's:

M2.png

I bought a 2TB WD Black SSD 2 years ago. The one Mark Cerny approved and I'm close to filling it up. I'm going to wait until Black Friday this year to see if a 4TB SSD drops to around $250 price range. Also you really won't see a performance difference by spending more money on a well know brand like a Seagate Firecuda SSD thats going for $450 right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom