The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you play GT7 with PS VR2 and still use a racing wheel setup also?
I've been a wheel user since around 2010 or so and always felt it was a.... game changer. Completely changed the whole driving-game experience. While I've only tried driving with VR once, I found it to be tremendously immersive. But if I had to choose, I'd go for a wheel first, then VR. For me, playing a driving game in VR, but with a controller takes away from it.

just curious to know if the Logitech Pro direct drive wheeling setup is really good like Fanatec's or better?

just curious to know if the Logitech Pro direct drive wheeling setup is really good like Fanatec's or better?

It's still a bit early to compare Logitech to Fanatec in the direct drive space. Logitech just released not too long ago.

From what I hear, the Logitech wheelbase is ok. I've heard about some early production issues/quirks mentioned here n there. Gotta do some research and see if they are issues you are willing to tolerate or have possibly been resolved. Also, there are no wheel / rim alternatives - yet. The one in the box is the only option. So if u wanna do some F1, the lightly D-shaped round wheel will be very odd. I always use a wheel that matches the style of car I am driving, so I may be a bit hyper-sensitive to this concern.

Logitech Pedals, haven't heard of any impressive or good reviews. They seem to be somewhat mediocre but good enough to get the job done...

Personally, I just think it's overpriced for 11Nm of force, the footprint is egregious and the mounting options are a real soft point imho.. but at the same time, our options are quite limited for console. In Logitech's favor, I can say that my G25 from 2006 looks like the day it came out of the box... there is literally not a single blemish on the wheel, wheelbase, pedals or the 6spd/Sequential shifter.

Short version, do some exhaustive research before you pull the trigger. Since most console-compatible sim-racing equipment is not sitting on local shelves, it can be a bit of a hassle if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Last edited:
I've been a wheel user since around 2010 or so and always felt it was a.... game changer. Completely changed the whole driving-game experience. While I've only tried driving with VR once, I found it to be tremendously immersive. But if I had to choose, I'd go for a wheel first, then VR. For me, playing a driving game in VR, but with a controller takes away from it.

It does.

Seeing the driver model in the game turning the wheel and shifting gears while im holding my pad breaks immersion a bit but it still blows me away every time.

Even PlayStation giving Zelda a shout out. They know dam well there is nothing they could put out competing with totk this year.

Best Buy randomly gets re stocks of limited edition versions of games:

IMG_3441.png

IMG_3442.png

IMG_3443.png

Just saw the ROG handheld on BestBuy for pre-order yesterday... hadn't heard a whiff about it before then... vaporware?

Nah we need Code: Veronica next.
We need 0, 1, Veronica, 5, 6. One just needs the updated controls, and higher quality assets. Everythang else stays the same. But the others need modernization and less clunk. But I guess 9 is the next title in the series. Crazy how they can churn titles out in the series. Also RE Engine is a boss.
Need Capcom to remake Breath of Fire
Antonio Benderas.gif. Never played part two. Or the PS2 game.
Capcom vs. Capcom
I’d love a SNK versus Capcom 2. The first title was during the anemic Playmore days. And Tekken versus Street Fighter.
I need Capcom to give me Castlevania 1999: The Dracula Wars. And by Capcom I mean Konami.

Konami can easily reach the same heights as Capcom with quality management and giving the fans what they want.

I’m gonna scoop up the asus rog. mvc 2 re release or remake with upgraded graphics only would be fuego

Just saw the ROG handheld on BestBuy for pre-order yesterday... hadn't heard a whiff about it before then... vaporware?

It's actually had some hype around it because its the main challenger to the Steam Deck. Only thing that can compete with it on pricing for the specs.

Personally, I would take it over the Steam Deck.
There's pro's and cons for both devices but for the hardware, I think the Asus wins. 120Hz 1080p screen with a better panel and better chipset.

asus-rog-ally-steamdeck-chart-1683638292314.png

I also prefer having Windows than Linux. More compatible games and no need to dual boot. You will probably have a better time with Switch emulators and xbox stuff too.
Steam Deck QOL is more refined though which could be why they went Linux.

$700 though sheeesh. These PC Handhelds are not cheap at all.

I’m good with my deck for emulation. Really needed to just do until ps2/gc era and it does that just fine. Tbh even that pushed my budget for a handheld since there are cheaper handhelds that do a great job too. I see why if someone was looking for a handheld to primarily play modern games tho the price difference for the ROG could be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom