The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

i'm curious about the diminishing returns aspect. Like seriously is half a billion going to make an individual proportionally happier than say $50 Million. It appears people think oh well if it was only $50, 10, 1 Million I wouldn't play (presumably because of the odds) but $500 Million! thats a different story. 

Can you buy tickets with your card?

I don't carry cash like that anymore and really don't feel like stopping by the ATM.

^^ I had to pay with cash, no cards accepted. Had to dig change out of my cup holder in my car.

Each line is 2 dollars. Max 5 lines per ticket. So 10 dollars for a full ticket or 2 dollars per line.

I have my 40 bucks worth.

Praise Jesus. haha

i'm curious about the diminishing returns aspect. Like seriously is half a billion going to make an individual proportionally happier than say $50 Million. It appears people think oh well if it was only $50, 10, 1 Million I wouldn't play (presumably because of the odds) but $500 Million! thats a different story. 

I think with all the things ide want to do, all the investments i'de want to make, and all the family I'd want to hook up i feel like i'de need probably a minimum of about 80 million. So in a way winning a billion dollars as oppose to 80 million wouldn't make me proportionally happier, because what i could do and want to do with a billion dollars, i could equally do with 80 million.

Say if i won 80 million My immediate family would be getting 7 million each in a trust fund, so that's 35 million right there. Probably another 10 mill for extended family and friends. Probably a 4 million dollar home and a million dollars worth of cars. Probably a million dollars in clothing, sneakers, shoes, furniture, and home modifications.

After all that i probably would've spent about 50 million. I'de like to put about 10 million in my checking account, and about another 10 in a savings account.

If i were to win a billion dollars the numbers would remain exactly the same. I would only need about 70 million of that billion. The rest would just be invested in.

So in retrospect, of the $550,000,000, the net payout would be about $240 million. about 70 million would be reserved for everything mentioned above. Everything else would be invested in.

laugh.gif
@ people saying it's the same odds if you buy 1 ticket or 1,000

Uh no, it isn't

Last edited:
I think with all the things ide want to do, all the investments i'de want to make, and all the family I'd want to hook up i feel like i'de need probably a minimum of about 80 million. So in a way winning a billion dollars as oppose to 80 million wouldn't make me proportionally happier, because what i could do and want to do with a billion dollars, i could equally do with 80 million.
Say if i won 80 million My immediate family would be getting 7 million each in a trust fund, so that's 35 million right there. Probably another 10 mill for extended family and friends. Probably a 4 million dollar home and a million dollars worth of cars. Probably a million dollars in clothing, sneakers, shoes, furniture, and home modifications.
After all that i probably would've spent about 50 million. I'de like to put about 10 million in my checking account, and about another 10 in a savings account.
If i were to win a billion dollars the numbers would remain exactly the same. I would only need about 70 million of that billion. The rest would just be invested in.
So in retrospect, of the $550,000,000, the net payout would be about $240 million. about 70 million would be reserved for everything mentioned above. Everything else would be invested in.

Giving away 35 Million ..... :x

u say that now. But if you had the money you wouldn't be doing that. TRUST.

Giving away 35 Million ..... :x
u say that now. But if you had the money you wouldn't be doing that. TRUST.
That's why i'de need a minimum of 80 mill to do everything i'de want to do. If I won anything less than that say 50 or 40 mill than everything would change. I'de have to give less to my family and do less spending.

srs if I won I would have sex with the baddest women 4 times a day, i would wear the finest fabrics eff louie n gucci, and I would live on some island and I would pay ferrari a mil to build my car..my fam would be straight for life

If i were to get 80Million. i'd find ways to get more money using some of that money.

Rich get Richer :smokin :smokin :smokin

Of course i'd help close ones out too.

Tried to start an office pool...shot down because the Company owner is Muslim and the Lottery....is gambling :smh:

laugh.gif
@ people saying it's the same odds if you buy 1 ticket or 1,000

Uh no, it isn't
1 ticket odds are 1 in 175,000,000 right?

You think that if you bought 2 tickets your odds would be 1 in 87,500,000?

And you're saying if you bought 1,000 tickets your odds would be 1 to 175,000?

Last edited:
1 ticket odds are 1 in 175,000,000 right?

You think that if you bought 2 tickets your odds would be 1 in 87,500,000?

And you're saying if you bought 1,000 tickets your odds would be 1 to 175,000?
laugh.gif
stay in school
laugh.gif
 I'm just saying.. I think the odds are the same maneeeeeee no matter if I had one or two tickets

Last edited:
If i were to win.. every ones eating !! straight up - how dare some of you be so selfish as to not share the love :smh: shame on you. Whether it be full lump sum or a 30 annual payments. That's more than enough money to live life comfortably.

At least half of the total is going to family and friends. Choose immediate family .. make them rich.. the rest is for me to live my life. I'm good with a cool million.. i could only imagine almost 300 million ( more less after txes ) .. I'd lose myself.. so why not invite the people that mean the most, to come get lost with me :smokin :smokin .. Be more realistic and humble yourselves.

- stayfreshNT

If i were to win.. every ones eating !! straight up - how dare some of you be so selfish as to not share the love :smh: shame on you. Whether it be full lump sum or a 30 annual payments. That's more than enough money to live life comfortably.
At least half of the total is going to family and friends. Choose immediate family .. make them rich.. the rest is for me to live my life. I'm good with a cool million.. i could only imagine almost 300 million ( more less after txes ) .. I'd lose myself.. so why not invite the people that mean the most, to come get lost with me :smokin :smokin .. Be more realistic and humble yourselves.
- stayfreshNT

totally agree :pimp:

- stayfreshNT

Truth... I would hook up everyone thats been good to me someway, somehow... I mean everyone.

laugh.gif
 I'm just saying.. I think the odds are the same maneeeeeee no matter if I had one or two tickets
hmm.. I'm no math genius but how about this: The odds of winning are the same whether you play or don't play!!! ZING I WIN.

Back
Top Bottom