**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Feeling your recent purchases pmiddy.

I copped your fav bear knit recently. Wasn't a steal of a deal but I've always liked it so I treated myself. I only have like three things left that I truly like winter vintage wise and then I'm hanging it up with vintage.

That is my favorite bear, it's the first one I ever really loved, then the number 2 bear and last the Athletic. I'm with you on retiring from vintage, most of the items I buy nowadays are lucky finds, but I have a lot of what I really ever wanted. I only have one more power piece on my wish list.
If you paid between $250-325 that's not a bad deal IMHO....i bought it 2x and sold one and that was the price range
Thanks

That's a nice bear knit pmiddy

On a side note, damn UPS driver delivered one my boxes to some random person in my neighborhood, when I check the tracking number it says delivered, met customer: Boy, it literally says Boy for the customer who signed for it, WTF, I think I might choke his *** if I see him come around today, lol

Last edited:
jimmy jazz had this royal blue HOODED thermal---been looking for it everywhere and I can't find it. (they didn't have a S, only M)

Any of ya'll know where I might be able to find it?? I even looked on the RL site and no dice :smh:

BTW instore they have all their thermals on sale for 30 (just like the RL site)

**edit

Macy's got 'em--but damn I want the one with the black polo man :rolleyes I think the diff color is a mistake tho, the rest of the outlining is black

Last edited:
I copped your fav bear knit recently. Wasn't a steal of a deal but I've always liked it so I treated myself. I only have like three things left that I truly like winter vintage wise and then I'm hanging it up with vintage.

Dope pick up! Hope to snag one of those in my size one day as well. Been on my list for quite a while now.

Anyone pick up an RL bear from the most recent restock on rl. Com? A friend just received his order and received the "macys bear"

Just had my girl's relative check the one I had shipped there from the recent restock and it looks like my order was filled with the correct RL bear. Odd how that happened to your friend though. I don't ever recall the site having the 'Macy's' bear on there. Maybe they're dropping it at a later time?

Dope pick up! Hope to snag one of those in my size one day as well. Been on my list for quite a while now.
Just had my girl's relative check the one I had shipped there from the recent restock and it looks like my order was filled with the correct RL bear. Odd how that happened to your friend though. I don't ever recall the site having the 'Macy's' bear on there. Maybe they're dropping it at a later time?

Yea it's strange. I listened in on the phone call to rl customer service and the rep told him they were shipped from the same warehouse (not sure how correct that is) but that would explain how the possibility of shipping a wrong bear sweater was even there.

CL and P, curious to know what's on your vintage hit list?

Good question, I'm an older head, so for me I'm always thinking "can I wear this when I'm 40 or 50" so I'm like keep it classic. For a lot of people having a snowbeach collection is where it's at, or or extremely bright graphics. I love them all, but I couldn't see myself wearing them. I passed up brand new snowbeach pants for. $80 cuz they were too loud for me. (Back then I wasn't thinking resell aspect)

But to answer your question 1. A Pwing rings jacket 2. 1992 plate hoodie 3. snowbeach gaucho hoodie jacket
The rings jacket was just on eBay but I don't thing I could do medium even though it runs up in size

My items are still hanging around as usual. I should be in good shape when the the final price cuts hit. There are a few things that I may buy just so I can get a wear out of it before the seasons switch.

Do these polo bear sweaters come out annually? Im trying to get into them

Last edited:
Do these polo bear sweaters come out annually? Im trying to get into them

Nope, last official release was 2001, 1998, 1996, 1992 and some outlet versions so forth...other than that if your a toddler no worries because they release bear sweaters almost every yr for kids

I dont get why grown men rockin teddy bears on their clothing. Like I understand the history and stuff, but if it was some other brand comin out with a stuffed animal on their shirts idk if ppl would beast.

I dont get why grown men rockin teddy bears on their clothing. Like I understand the history and stuff, but if it was some other brand comin out with a stuffed animal on their shirts idk if ppl would beast.
if a teddy bear on a shirt makes you feel some type of way then the issue might be with you.

Rl heads - quick question, I'm a small in jcrew mens slim sweaters... Do y'all think a size x-large in boys ( bear sweater) will fit?

Open to all thoughts on this.. I don't like a loose fit, j crew slim works dope for me, I'm short as well ( 5'6")

Been looking all over for this jacket for less than retail in a medium. RL website has it on sale but no mediums. Bloomingdales has a medium for full retail. Any coupon codes :nerd:

^That jacket is a classic. I wore the suede/leather version today.
Try calling RL and see if the SA can locate your size through a store search.

Last edited:

Easy answer, for most collectors like myself and others the late 80's to early 90's represents a "golden" era for fashion, music and art. And Ralph Lauren was considered high fashion that not everyone could afford, for many it meant status, wealth and luxury. In the urban communities it meant having "swag" or being fresh to death. For others it was a way of life "Lo Lifes" that is which is a whole other story all together. But to keep it simple, it's all NOSTALGIA . There's nothin new under the sun, high top fades, Micheal Jordan's, Polo....etc all the trends been here before, anyone born in the 90's is just playing catch up.

Like why do kids stand on line for hours for Jordan's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom