**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

CL and P, curious to know what's on your vintage hit list?
[/quote

What's good kid? To answer your question , I think I can be satisfied fully with 1: the 1994 indian head sweater 2: Number 2 bear sweater in red 3: the retro tiger head varsity 4: the cool bear sweater. Although all of these are not exactly "vintage " they are things that I like and that's what matters. I can see myself wearing these items for the long haul.

Last edited:
CL and P, curious to know what's on your vintage hit list?
[/quote

What's good kid? To answer your question , I think I can be satisfied fully with 1: the 1994 indian head sweater 2: Number 2 bear sweater in red 3: the retro tiger head varsity 4: the cool bear sweater. Although all of these are not exactly "vintage " they are things that I like and that's what matters. I can see myself wearing these items for the long haul.

I would consider them all vintage the items you mentioned are over 10 yrs old or more. 1994 Indian head, 1996 cool bear, retro tiger 2002, not sure about yr of red #2 but definitely in the 90's.....great choices

Bros,

Check out Lord & Taylor.com...they are running their 25% F&F sale right now.

I noticed some RL pieces on sale 30-50%, plus the additional 25% off, looks like a hefty discount price.

Free 2-day shipping if you have shoprunner, 2.5% cb @ ebates.com
Wish I didn't see this lol. Put a hurting on the Amex card. Nice drop.

Easy answer, for most collectors like myself and others the late 80's to early 90's represents a "golden" era for fashion, music and art. And Ralph Lauren was considered high fashion that not everyone could afford, for many it meant status, wealth and luxury. In the urban communities it meant having "swag" or being fresh to death. For others it was a way of life "Lo Lifes" that is which is a whole other story all together. But to keep it simple, it's all NOSTALGIA . There's nothin new under the sun, high top fades, Micheal Jordan's, Polo....etc all the trends been here before, anyone born in the 90's is just playing catch up.

Like why do kids stand on line for hours for Jordan's
Do these polo bear sweaters come out annually? Im trying to get into them

Well said, Middy.

I don't understand why people would want a picture of Jeses screenprinted with Pyrex on their chest or something, or whatever kids wear nowadays. But, that's their thing, not mine.

You're not supposed to understand if you aren't from that era and from that culture. That's fine, you don't have to, and you don't have to think we are ultra cool for our collections of old Polo.

The thing is, if you don't understand (not speaking only to you, but in general), then keep away. Don't "try to get into vintage Lo" if you don't understand why it holds the weight it does.

It's perfectly acceptable to think it's dumb for a grown man to wear a sweater with a teddy bear on it... just don't say that one day and then go and buy that same sweater the next day.

I much rather wear a bear sweater than these jeggings any day....Lol

Not RL related but if any of you are in the NY area this coming Saturday, I am helping a friend out with a fundraiser photo shoot to help out typhoon survivors in the Philippines. Basically you donate any amount and we'll take your couples, engagement, family, etc portraits. If you're interested, drop me a line and I will send you the event page. Great opportunity to get some quality shots with your loved ones and also donate to a great cause.

I don't know if I just got older and phased out of it but I hate anything with a print/logo, I can barely tolerate a Nike sweater with a small swoosh on it.  It's funny even the Jordans I wear are the more subtle ones like the OG 1s. Also I wear no Jewelry, perhaps the only thing merely flashy about me maybe the petty cash knot I carry on me during a situation that a credit card is not efficient. I feel like Fab when he said he felt a certain way when someone called him an "OG" 8) .

I hear what you are saying, overall.

I don't wear jewelry anymore really either, except for my wedding ring. I did 80 gram cubans and brolic pendants in like '99. I'm done with that, and frankly flashy jewelry doesn't make sense if you aren't "living that life." I work in an office, pretty much everybody here has a Ph.D. Any adult with a decent job can afford to buy a big chain with some ice - it doesn't mean anything though. Jewelry is about having stripes - is about being able to rock that in the hood. The item is meaningless, it's all about what it communicates. So, the message something like that sends is useless outside of a very specific context. ...That's another discussion though.

But, the reason why I still rock 'Lo, including blow up graphics, etc., is because fashion is self expression, and 'Lo is one of the few things that still actually conveys something meaningful about the person wearing it. Sneakers don't do that anymore, not much does. But, when I see a dude rocking some vintage 'Lo that's put together properly, etc., I know that's somebody with whom I share many sensibilities. I'm cool with what those items communicate about who I am, so until I don't consider myself that person, I don't see any reason not to rock, regardless of how old I am.

Last edited:
I need this rugby. Hardest one out right now, to me at least.

i saw that at macy's a few months ago but havent seen it since, dope.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21653186

plus an extra 25% off and free shipping right now. 8)

i'm trying to get some classic fit solid oxfords for as cheap as possible, even though some are already at $60 on the RL site :lol:. but i need some cores like the blue, yellow, and white for the low, too. anywhere specific i need to go looking?

also, how do the custom fit solid oxfords fit compared to the classic fits?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
@Supermanblue79 only stores near me are factory outlets. South Carolina FTL. If I'm not mistaken the closest store is in Atlanta which is 4 hours from where I am. I appreciate the help though. Repped

Easy answer, for most collectors like myself and others the late 80's to early 90's represents a "golden" era for fashion, music and art. And Ralph Lauren was considered high fashion that not everyone could afford, for many it meant status, wealth and luxury. In the urban communities it meant having "swag" or being fresh to death. For others it was a way of life "Lo Lifes" that is which is a whole other story all together. But to keep it simple, it's all NOSTALGIA . There's nothin new under the sun, high top fades, Micheal Jordan's, Polo....etc all the trends been here before, anyone born in the 90's is just playing catch up.

Like why do kids stand on line for hours for Jordan's

great answer man, I didnt know all that. Learn something new everyday!

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21653186

plus an extra 25% off and free shipping right now.
glasses.gif

i'm trying to get some classic fit solid oxfords for as cheap as possible, even though some are already at $60 on the RL site
laugh.gif
. but i need some cores like the blue, yellow, and white for the low, too. anywhere specific i need to go looking?

also, how do the custom fit solid oxfords fit compared to the classic fits?

thanks in advance!

I seen that... I need an XXL though. If it wasn't custom fit I'd try the XL.

Nice work Greezee. You dressed like you bout to go meet a chicks dad or something.

I dont get why grown men rockin teddy bears on their clothing. Like I understand the history and stuff, but if it was some other brand comin out with a stuffed animal on their shirts idk if ppl would beast.
because its a mens item for men to o wear

Back
Top Bottom