**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Why scramble for pieces when you can have your rep bother you with text messages? :rofl:8)8)8)
20171020_181803.jpg

I'm short so I look weird in the Stadium POPOVER... So glad I didn't pay $$$$ for the vintage a couple of months ago on ebay

I don't knock reselling Because I do it... nowhere near the level some people do it and I make a decent living. I"m more like a lazy reseller if anything and I got 1000's of tee shirts just sitting in storage (mostly vintage and vtg Supreme / Streetwear related) The problem is that it takes too much time to list.

Last edited:
I'm short so I look weird in the Stadium POPOVER... So glad I didn't pay $$$$ for the vintage a couple of months ago on ebay

I don't knock reselling Because I do it... nowhere near the level some people do it and I make a decent living. I"m more like a lazy reseller if anything and I got 1000's of tee shirts just sitting in storage (mostly vintage and vtg Supreme / Streetwear related) The problem is that it takes too much time to list.

yah, i dont have anything against resellers. if they want to make a job out of exploiting market inefficiencies, that's fine. nobody needs to buy from them.

not sure what people expect. If someone is looking to make income from buying and selling hard to find items, they will charge whatever the market will accept. If they can get $500 for a piece, why sell it for $250? it's a job for those guys, not a hobby/charity.

i do think its annoying that on limited items, folks will buy up stock like crazy so that its even harder to get for regular people like myself... But that's not their fault, that's a company under producing or under-charging from the get-go, and someone capitalizing. at the end of the day, these are all pieces of clothing, made cheaply (minus some unique items, rrl and purple label) that they want to charge a premium for by selling us a "lifestyle brand." i get more upset with myself when i get pissed about missing out on an item than i do with polo/resellers.

edit: Not preaching.. I'm dumber than most when it comes to buying into the marketing/branding. Spent $225 on that new collegiate polo #4, and $150 on all new fat polo bear hats. it's a vice, i know it's dumb but imma do it anyway.

My “varsity” hat came from Macy’s today and just like the other poster a few pages back, it’s a big pony hat with a 3 on the side. I’ll be sending it back with the quickness come Monday. Knew it was too good to be true. And as of right now the hat is gone from Macy’s website.

yah, i dont have anything against resellers. if they want to make a job out of exploiting market inefficiencies, that's fine. nobody needs to buy from them.

not sure what people expect. If someone is looking to make income from buying and selling hard to find items, they will charge whatever the market will accept. If they can get $500 for a piece, why sell it for $250? it's a job for those guys, not a hobby/charity.

i do think its annoying that on limited items, folks will buy up stock like crazy so that its even harder to get for regular people like myself... But that's not their fault, that's a company under producing or under-charging from the get-go, and someone capitalizing. at the end of the day, these are all pieces of clothing, made cheaply (minus some unique items, rrl and purple label) that they want to charge a premium for by selling us a "lifestyle brand." i get more upset with myself when i get pissed about missing out on an item than i do with polo/resellers.

edit: Not preaching.. I'm dumber than most when it comes to buying into the marketing/branding. Spent $225 on that new collegiate polo #4, and $150 on all new fat polo bear hats. it's a vice, i know it's dumb but imma do it anyway.

Not sure if people have a problem with the act of reselling itself, its just the sheer number of people doing, full time or just looking for a quick flip, that bothers people so much. I cant put concrete numbers on it but it just seems like the number of people doing it has just gotten so big its frustrating for people who just want an item to keep. In the mid 2000s it was like for every 10 or 15 people they were 2 to 3 people looking to flip. Now due to the increased media coverage of it (sneakers, Supreme) and the kind of money you can make, along with the ease of bots, its like 60 or 70 percent of people trying to grab something from a retailer are just trying to flip.

U fit an xl? I have a red one labeled large but I believe it was mislabeled. I bought a blue one in the same size as well and it contrasts in size..the red one fits like an xl...looking for retail plus shipping
Hmm. Honestly not even sure, I'm usually a Large. Thanks tho

I wonder what's the time frame between items available on UK polo.com and U.S.
That eagle knit was there for 2 weeks and still hasn't hit the states

Good looking but now there’s only XS-M left. Oh well.

seems like this will be a mass release item... So should be easy (easier?) to get... Don't think the RL mansions even got it yet.

seems like they did the stadium as very limited, and then will trickle out other retro or retro-remix items as one-offs with wider release.

I'm pretty happy about that. They could easily charge more for ski jacket, crest turtle neck, etc... Take advantage of the fans... But probably be able to get some of these on sale.

WP_20171021_21_58_42_Rich (2).jpg

not sure if any y'all into the Ralph's coffee stuff... But after their main shop closed down in new York, they took the remaining products off the site.

the new polo.com seems to have re-surfaced some of the hidden items... So the hat (a great collector's piece, and a cool hat in its own right), the pouch, a pencil case and notebook are all back up.

got the t-shirt as well. Kept delaying because it was $55 on polo.com, waiting for a sale... But then they stopped selling it, and had to wait til one went up on eBay.

anyone in new York to ask the main flagship what happened to remaining Ralph's coffee merchandise?

Anyone see the camo field jacket from the last sale available anywhere? It was just the basic army woodland camo jacket/over shirt

seems like this will be a mass release item... So should be easy (easier?) to get... Don't think the RL mansions even got it yet.

seems like they did the stadium as very limited, and then will trickle out other retro or retro-remix items as one-offs with wider release.

I'm pretty happy about that. They could easily charge more for ski jacket, crest turtle neck, etc... Take advantage of the fans... But probably be able to get some of these on sale.
I notice that in the Macy's pic for the Ski jacket, the turtleneck may be the Crest. Is that an indicator that Macy's may release the Crest also?

WP_20171021_21_58_42_Rich (2).jpg

not sure if any y'all into the Ralph's coffee stuff... But after their main shop closed down in new York, they took the remaining products off the site.

the new polo.com seems to have re-surfaced some of the hidden items... So the hat (a great collector's piece, and a cool hat in its own right), the pouch, a pencil case and notebook are all back up.

got the t-shirt as well. Kept delaying because it was $55 on polo.com, waiting for a sale... But then they stopped selling it, and had to wait til one went up on eBay.

anyone in new York to ask the main flagship what happened to remaining Ralph's coffee merchandise?
Like you, I held out forever to see if the t-shirt would be reduced but to no avail. I will probably purchase the pencil case. I have a few Coach pencil cases that I use but if I buy the RL case , it will be purely for collector enthusiasm because it will get dirty quickly from regular use.

Back
Top Bottom