**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Same knit released last year

I’d assume the knits that most recently released will be factory bound next year
Exactly. The pattern seems to be that whatever bear knits released the previous year are released at the factory level the following year. As someone mentioned previously, sometimes the factory version is produced cheaper; wool versus cotton, etc. The factory version is usually $100 cheaper.

Same length Medium to Medium?

The elasticised waist on my Large Popover is still quite tight, but by rights if you’re wearing your true size I would’ve thought the waist would sit up around where your belt would be?

I’m in two minds about doing a straight swap from L to M.

While I don’t like the fit of the L’s arms if the waist is even tighter on the M that could be a problem too.

Decisions, decisions..

I’m usually a large but my buddy got a medium. The medium is snug so I’m looking for a large

Uncle Ralph has been good to me... My last stadium post!
20171024_004323.jpg
20171024_004432.jpg

Nice grabs. I swung and missed on the entire retro collection. Found this to hold me over but too big. The tide will turn my way eventually. Going to try for USA fleeces.

Attachments

• 20171023_211654.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
you still think Snow Beach won't be as limited? was a guess or got a good word on it?

Ive heard they are going to TRY to make it available thru more channels so idk if that means more cities, online, or what. But it should still be the same type of limited release.

I know a supervisor from a Polo store out of the metro area I was told RL was experimenting with the stadium collection and pwing stuff to see how well it would sell on the current market all other future releases won't be so limited so snow beaches and the 93 collection is a green light but that doesn't mean the hypebeast and resellers won't be on the prowl

Anyone with the USA fleece hoodie have sizing details? I wear a medium in custom fit Polos... normally get a medium in hoodies but took you guys’ suggestion of sizing down in the Polo script hoodie and you guys were right

Wanna make sure I get the right size. It’s not in stores in my area so I can’t try it on

Incase folks didnt see on instagram.

One dude posted pics of 3 new polo bear t-shirts... in the style of the new fat-bear hats.
Seem legit -- mimics the hats in terms of design.... red/white/black only colors. the hats all had a strip on the back that had red/white/black on it.
These are only in red/white/black, and then a contrast color on the back of the neckline, along with matching fatbear designs.

looks like the normal bears -- which were human-esque, usually had a very staid/conservative ralph lauren outfit on... will stick around..
but fat bears will also be used for younger styles/items, and stuff more outside of the normal RL palette.

I see alot of folks hate them, but i appreciate they are doing something new... kinda weird for RL, but they need to take chances.
some will like, some won't. but need to get folks who didnt like polo (or polo bear) all along to want to buy some items, so a dramatic departure from the standard should be good for business. folks that love RL but don't like this, simply won't buy... across all the stuff they are doing, everyone has something to love.

upload_2017-10-24_10-55-14.png
upload_2017-10-24_10-55-25.png

upload_2017-10-24_10-55-41.png

i'm hearing the snowbeach collection will be black, and white. similar to what the bear is wearing. interested to see how that will look.

Don't like. Looks "urbanized". They could've put the same designs on the traditional bear without the extra words. I feel targeted fam :lol:

isn't the one bear a punk-bear, not really urbanized no? Think the font/style of the "POLO" above him is inspired by the "sex pistols".

martini sweater bear looks like black watch pants, no real way to identify if urbanized/punkized/etc... Think they are just cartoony, nerdy takes on looks and styles. (just noticed the ski goggles on martini bear... Only thing that comes to mind is the character that drove a Yukon from movie "can't hardly wait")

Hes wearing rugby... And is holding a cricket bat?

upload_2017-10-24_13-50-11.png

Outfit breakdown: black Chuck Taylor shoes, ripped black jeans, studded black belt, preppy/collegiate black 3 button sportcoat, striped t-shirt that says "PUNK", plastic white sunglasses, matching hat to the t-shirt red/black with skull n crossbones. Appears to be a cricket bat, can't tell the design on it... could also be a frat pledge paddle? needless to say, I've never seen anyone wear this outfit in real life... urban, skateboard, etc... it's hyperbolic and over-designed to be ridiculous and cartoony, IMO.

edit: unless they are trying to "sell" the idea that Polo can mix-in with punk outfits? that may be something they are attempting... seems odd, but so did them pushing some Polo gear into Urban Outfitters.

So i finally received my black Macys "USA' fleece hoody (which they did have an incorrect picture of, its actually a POLO spellout) in a size Medium, and I also have the same hoody from which I bought at a physical Macys store over the weekend in the same size. Now one fits a little more like a large small and the other fits like an XL! WTF?? I hope my red USA fits correctly because if not, all 3 are going back.

I should also add that my ski 92 hybrid down jacket also arrived and that fit TTS. I actually love this jacket.

Back
Top Bottom