**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

The problem I have with a lot of the RL graphic shorts is that, from afar, I can never tell is something is a pair of short or a bathing suit. As much as I like being RL down head to toe, minus sneaks, when it comes to summer wears I still don't think anything beats going to the Army/Navy store just getting the fatigue shorts in like every solid color and reasonable camo print.

I actually love camo shorts, I copped the RL one from a yr ago...(they made pants for them this yr)
I posted because Ive never seen them before. (They are on my "get lucky" list, meaning if I'm lucky to get it cheap, then I will)

Never seen the shorts before, I kinda like them only on sale thou...and there already on eBay.....Maybe Frank has some more info
these are swim trunks... i had a pair a few years ago from a sample sale. the one i had was purple label. 

these are swim trunks... i had a pair a few years ago from a sample sale. the one i had was purple label. 

yeah I was gonna say those must be samples. Thats the exact print that was supposed to be on that polo, but we've seen the released version looks nothing like that print. Nice find

Never seen the shorts before, I kinda like them only on sale thou...and there already on eBay.....Maybe Frank has some more info
Feeling these shorts

Great pic BIP. I feel like RL dropped the ball on some of the summer peices when you look at the drafts Frank posted and the final product.

The graphic polos are horrible, and the more I look at the summer Serape, the more I realize it doesnt come close to the Spring version.

The macys I hit up already had those items for 41 bucks. The store I called simply added the 20 percent discount on my order.

The macys I hit up already had those items for 41 bucks. The store I called simply added the 20 percent discount on my order.

As of Monday, the blue/green vest was at 34th for around that price 75% off. The flag pullover was there too, but there were only a very few of them and only small sizes.

There were a few Beacon b-downs on 50% off.

I picked up the RLX camo fleece vest for 75% of - 41.25, and two RLX hoodys for 24.50 each.

Nice BIP, all the pieces I had for this line I gave away...I had the spell out polo tennis polo and a terry cloth white zip up jacket.
I love making list...here are my list of things I gave or sold away or passed up for cheap I regret.

1. 1992 Satdium plate jacket pullover (sold)
2. 96 sailing navy fitted hat (sold)
3. Chambray "PIER 67" fitted hat (sold) I never see that hat, I can't even verify the yr maybe 93
4. Red wooden skis bear book bag (gave to then my current girlfriend) I would've gave it to my daughter now.
5. Black and orange mesh side 97 flag hat (passed up in Woodbury for $10....I already had I felt the best color blue, never thought of collecting diff colors)
6. P Wing babe Ruth jacket (passed this up a few times being picky)
7 92 ski bd blue (was on the fence, sold for $127)

I'm sure I could make this longer, but this was all I could of at the moment

The problem I have with a lot of the RL graphic shorts is that, from afar, I can never tell is something is a pair of short or a bathing suit. As much as I like being RL down head to toe, minus sneaks, when it comes to summer wears I still don't think anything beats going to the Army/Navy store just getting the fatigue shorts in like every solid color and reasonable camo print.

The Gellar short works for me. Other RL shorts are too short for me.

Just came from 34th st Macys and y'all bought everything so that was a fail. Highest discount now is 60% but there's really not much variety.

Nice BIP, all the pieces I had for this line I gave away...I had the spell out polo tennis polo and a terry cloth white zip up jacket.
I love making list...here are my list of things I gave or sold away or passed up for cheap I regret.

1. 1992 Satdium plate jacket pullover (sold)
2. 96 sailing navy fitted hat (sold)
3. Chambray "PIER 67" fitted hat (sold) I never see that hat, I can't even verify the yr maybe 93
4. Red wooden skis bear book bag (gave to then my current girlfriend) I would've gave it to my daughter now.
5. Black and orange mesh side 97 flag hat (passed up in Woodbury for $10....I already had I felt the best color blue, never thought of collecting diff colors)
6. P Wing babe Ruth jacket (passed this up a few times being picky)
7 92 ski bd blue (was on the fence, sold for $127)

I'm sure I could make this longer, but this was all I could of at the moment

My list of stuff I gave away too cheaply is much shorter than the list of stuff I just messed up from wear and tear. I'm just kind of a messy dude. Spilled drinks. Cigarette burns. Grass stains. Rips from climbing fences or whatever.

I wouldn't mind the terry cloth hat from this line, but it would be tough to keep clean anyway, so I don't miss it too much and probably wouldn't wear it too often.

As I'm sure is common, the stuff that I regret not taking care of the most are hats. They are some the hardest and most expensive to find and replace. In addition to the well known "power hats" there were just tons of dope randoms.

I wore a lot more longbills and general RL/Tommy hats in the 90s. I came to like the way fitteds look on me better, so I basically concentrated on MLB on-fields - current, retro, minor league teams whatever, just no "fashion colors" only on-fields. For many teams, I have basically every hat they ever wore. For some I have pretty robust minor league sets as well (spending years working full or part time for MLB.com was a help there, as was having a wife who loves baseball as much as I do). With that pretty much complete, I've dabbled in re-amassing vintage RL hats, but not hardbody. Mostly, I'll try to add hats to make sets. Often times, it is the most expensive piece of a set, so I'm not going to go out and drop a couple hundred on some nice hats without already having the gear to go with it.

Last edited:
speaking of tennis, the new wimbledon stuff is mediocre... i don't think I've seen the whole collection yet tho. hopefully the hat will be nice.

By the way I heard that the Ralph Lauren Polo outlets will no longer sell the Polo Bear t-shirts...sorry fellas for those inquiring

Recent pick-ups from Macy's

Not bad. I don't hate them, but they could be so much better. The sailing joint will probably get picked up when it hits sales just because Mets/Knicks. The tennis joint had potential as being one of the annual stand outs, but it ended up being only okay, IMO. I really like the colors though, so that's redeeming, which means I'll probably pick it up if it falls to cheap prices too. ...And then, if I have those, I might as well pick up the other one too. ...See how we wind up talking ourselves into buying all three when we're not even crazy about one. ...But, if I can't get them on the cheap, I won't grab any.

Not bad. I don't hate them, but they could be so much better. The sailing joint will probably get picked up when it hits sales just because Mets/Knicks. The tennis joint had potential as being one of the annual stand outs, but it ended up being only okay, IMO. I really like the colors though, so that's redeeming, which means I'll probably pick it up if it falls to cheap prices too. ...And then, if I have those, I might as well pick up the other one too. ...See how we wind up talking ourselves into buying all three when we're not even crazy about one. ...But, if I can't get them on the cheap, I won't grab any.
Indeed...though I do like all of them (tennis and equestrian being my two favorites), I did like the sketches more that Math posted a while back...just feel like the execution was much better in the sketches, but imo the final products were still fresh enough to purchase early..nice summer pieces.  I wonder if any of these from those sketches were produced like those sample tennis trunks on ebay that pmiddy posted a pic of a few posts back. 

Back
Top Bottom