The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Love people trying to justify his actions, when was the last time you saw Jordan wearing anything but Jordan or Nike sneaker wise, or Shaq for that matter? They can admire other players all they want, but will never rock someone else's signature. 

As for the retail, every normal and reasonable person would not pay retail, for any sneaker, ever. The are all significantly overpriced and if everyone was keeping their cool and chill for a while, not of those overhyped kicks will have the absurd resell market prices. In addition, my personally, I would not pay retail even if I love the shoe and consider it A Must, simply because I buy kcks all the time and I have over 250 pairs, so every $ that I can save is a victory for me. Collecting kicks is one of the the most ungrateful hobbies, knowing that in 10 years, all of them will be almost unwearable, its basically throwing money out the window. Yes, I recognize my problem, but it is what it is. Even if I was a casual buyer, that buys no more than, lets say 10 pairs a year, I will still never pay over retail or retail, it's just unreasonable. 
its less about justification and more about understanding, shaq only wears his walmart shoe and that's a whole separate thing altogether that from a stand point has failed miserably but i understand and think it's something great that he's doing, as for Jordan idk the last time i even saw him in a nike shoe, it's been JB for so long it's crazy, but i mean he gets whatever he wants and he has a huge stake in that business, i mean if Jordan wakes up and says tomorrow i want to pony hair 13s in all black to represent its moniker the "black cat" than nike's gonna hand him that shoe, it's really comparing apples to oranges in terms of availability, jordan wears jordan 4 golf shoes, freaking golf shoes, you think Iverson at this point could say yo reebok let e get some question golf shoes and they'd be like sure? beyond the fact that he'd never ask or play golf for that matter i just don't think he has the access to his library that a lot of nike/jb athletes have, heck he might even have to pay for his pairs out of whatever money reebok gives him, we really don't know but i know that reebok is done basketball wise it's just pointless at this point

I'm not even caping for ai or slandering some of yall

I just think it's unreasonable to hold ai to choices others make

choices that aren't right or wrong

jordan and shaq both have stakes in their brands, we all know how ridiculous mj is with competition and shaq is up there as well like the commercial he had going at his own teammate penny

I have a closet full of ai's and see no problem with him wearing other brands from time to time

in fact I actually like seeing him wear things I'd wear, it's like "ok, we have the same taste in kicks"

I just have a different perspective on it

ai being a rebel is what made him who he is

gotta take the good with the bad

Last edited:
We can talk about it all day, but unfortunately at the end of the day, neither Reebok or AI give 2 ishs about what we think...so, yeah. 

and the point I was making bout retail is you're holding iverson to a standard that you're not living by

there are fans who cop at full price knowing they'll go on sale to show support

it's all perspective

you feeling it's illogical to buy shoes at retail when they'll go on sale may be how ai feels about not wearing something he enjoys

just seems to be a weird thing to be mad at

but I'll just leave it at agree to disagree

Showing support is when you buy and wear Reebok in the last 25 years and own a lot more than a few pairs at retail. But it's a matter of point of view I guess.

trentbg trentbg , we're all old and mature enough to agree that the sneaker industry is a business. You have cats buying gutted JB retros at higher MSRPs than their original MSRP whereas Reebok, Fila, etc... don't have that luxury.

I'm with some of the others here in the sense that Reebok only retro-ing the Question & having AI only wear the Question is pointless. The Question is an over-exposed, iconic shoe. People who do like the Question aren't going to out and pay full retail on a shoe that is the ONLY retro basketball shoe in Reebok's retro catalog.

AI also doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd have a pair of OG Answer IIs or IIIs deep in his closet that he could bring out when he's at a major event. I think he's at a point in his life where he's collecting the cheques and probably only responding to Reebok requests, not reaching out to them.

I've joked with you guys about waiting for reasonable discounts so I don't want to go there but from a purely business perspective it's pointless to have consumers wearing your product only at clearance prices.

The thing is, he can literally be wearing any other Reebok model and it will look better than jumping in them J's.

The thing is, he can literally be wearing any other Reebok model and it will look better than jumping in them J's.

I dunno trent, Iverson doesn't seem like a Classics Runner or one of those plastic CrossFit type dudes. I keep an open mind with sneakers but there's not much even I would wear from Reebok these days - granted I'm in Canada and our selection here is horrid but...)

I'm with redrum3281 redrum3281 here and going to say that Adibok needs to step their game up and sign a contract with a factory to make PEs as needed.

Last edited:
Man they made one offs for those FNL contest winners, I can't imagine they can't make a PE for AI that he can rock every week, you know what I mean.

Man they made one offs for those FNL contest winners, I can't imagine they can't make a PE for AI that he can rock every week, you know what I mean.
now that brings up a good point but i really feel as though that was a once in a lifetime situation, that was reebok trying to get everybody hyped for the 20th anniv, look at all the hoops we had to jump through to even have a shot that feels like we didn't have, i also don't think AI is a luxury shoe type guy

A once in a lifetime situation, but only for a few unknown folks, for AI would be a different story. Anyway time to move on off the subject. 

Plenty of Kamikaze, Court Victories, Ventilators, Rails, Omnis out there, plenty Shaqs too. 

Allen Iverson

Guess Iverson has had enough of the Question.
I would have bought these if they released them just like that. Big bubble in the back and all. Not for $200 but I would have got them.

Just wanted to clarify this and to say Allen isn't suppose to be wearing Jordan brand and I'm sure it breaches his contract. The thing is him being larger then the brand it's hard to challenge him on his antics. He gets away with a lot! He simply does what he wants when he wants. I think this sorta dives into the person Allen is and what inevitably was his demise. I think he only cares about himself and is extremely sporadic. This isn't just about Reebok but his NBA career and even personal life has followed this trend. He's his own worst enemy... The product isn't the problem I'm sure they would gladly do absolutely anything Allen wanted even new product. It's just he decides what he wants when he wants, which has strained relationships with almost everyone around him.

Alright bros, with the AI discussion out of the way...

Can STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE or some other Adibok insider give us a preview of what we can look out for this year?

Let me preview - nothing. 

So this year there will be a few more shaq attaq's. More core models will be continued to pushed with an emphasis on DMX in the next coming years. Its a possibility some hoops might be sprinkled in, but nothing for certain. I think you guys will get some great product in small doses, but the question and the Attaq were the last big push. Basketball product will be done in much lower quantity going forward, with emphasis on brand heritage product.

St.Anthony's PE

Just wanted to clarify this and to say Allen isn't suppose to be wearing Jordan brand and I'm sure it breaches his contract. The thing is him being larger then the brand it's hard to challenge him on his antics. He gets away with a lot! He simply does what he wants when he wants. I think this sorta dives into the person Allen is and what inevitably was his demise. I think he only cares about himself and is extremely sporadic. This isn't just about Reebok but his NBA career and even personal life has followed this trend. He's his own worst enemy... The product isn't the problem I'm sure they would gladly do absolutely anything Allen wanted even new product. It's just he decides what he wants when he wants, which has strained relationships with almost everyone around him.
Thanks for re-confirming all that for some of the folks around that think business relationships are lose and free for all :smile:

the funny thing is jones said everything I said

he's just highlighting what he feels is the negative side of the same story

whether it's in his contract or not I said they're allowing him to wear other brands

it all depends on how you feel about iverson

people were trying to alter iversons legacy before he even made it to college let alone the nba

airbrushing tattoos off him in pictures and programs to altering rules to try to make him less dominant on court

then you have the dress code, iverson just a fighter

it's extremely difficult for me not to ride for em

ai will forever be that guy

Jordan's are still real popular while there's NOTHING cool about Reebok. I mean you go to their site and it looks like Payless Shoes Running. It's awful. They let that brand go to ****. It's not cool to wear Reebok's and he probably doesn't want to know they had such a hard fall.

Reebok has so many classic 90 shoes they need to bring back. It's a shame it won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom