The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

why did he not get a chance to wear the Packer X Reebok HOF or the all Silver Joints, prime chance to truly push those shoes, at the same time he has a nice catalog, give him some of his other shoes to wear it drives me crazy that all he's ever in when he wears reeboks is Qestion 1, he has at least 20 signature shoes all for him and you only give him 1 model to wear all the time, yes we get it those are the bread and butter but even Jordan wears more than the XIs when he's out and about, i know he wore questions to his Jersey retirement in Philly (perfect time to wear the banners but i digress) i just feel like reebok doesn't care
No idea my brother, I did post that picture of AI wearing AJ XIs at his HOF induction in this very thread and it was the same sentiment - that the man must be tired of wearing the exact same model all the damn time so he deserves some slack. I'm almost certain that he had to been given both the Packer and silver joints but being AI he just did his own thing.

Oddly we're a month into the 'Answer 1' anniversary and there's no news. Pleasantly there is no news about upcoming Question colorways and I for one am glad. They overdid it last year.
wait did we even get the final 2 questions in the 20 questions thing? i thought they hadn't made it past 18
nerd.gif

RANT TIME: I don't know if this would be possible but AI being with Reebok. If he's already tired of wearing the Question model. Why not tell Reebok to make him other models from his AI line just for him to wear or even better tell them to make him the Reebok Optix or other stuff from Reebok's back catalog just for him. Probably it isn't possible, but I'm just saying if it was possible that's what I would be doing if I was AI cause seeing him with this J's it aggravates me. He should of been have left that thing wearing J's a long time ago he did it in his B-Ball College Days. You're AI you have your own sneaker line with Reebok. Nike/JB didn't sign you so stop disrespecting the brand like that. Remember Reebok always competed agaisnt Nike, Jordan so why wear something from your rival. If you're tired of wearing Reebok's, wear something that it isn't Nike/JB related wear some high end sneakers.

c flyness c flyness my man, AI's a street cat he doesn't think on our wavelength. I also don't think that Adidas/Reebok has a setup with the factory to produce 1 of 1s or PEs. It's why you always see their endorsers in GRs.

@C Flyness my man, AI's a street cat he doesn't think on our wavelength. I also don't think that Adidas/Reebok has a setup with the factory to produce 1 of 1s or PEs. It's why you always see their endorsers in GRs.
I don't think it has to do with being a street cat cause I'm also from the hood the same place where Shaq is from the Bricks Newark NJ, although Shaq wasn't raised in Newark but he was born in Newark, but back to making my point AI he's just being an idiotic street cat.

Yes we can all agree that AI ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. You couple that with the fact that Adidas/Reebok is a complete 'ish show and you get what we have here:

Your #1 endorser wearing low quality, Jordan retros that don't need any exposure whatsoever.

:lol:

Yes we can all agree that AI ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. You couple that with the fact that Adidas/Reebok is a complete 'ish show and you get what we have here:

Your #1 endorser wearing low quality, Jordan retros that don't need any exposure whatsoever.

laugh.gif

I can't even say I blame him as much as I blame reebok, not that I don't blame him bcuz I do, atleast if you're gonna wear some damn other people shoes support the people that think of you as their heroes, wear the CP PE 13s at least I could respect that

This is a perfect example of what we could have been seeing today, if somehow Reebok was to make AI any Reebok model from the past that he probably wants to wear now in 2017. In this pic you can clearly see that AI is wearing the OG Reebok Rush sneaker model of Emmitt Smith.

This is a perfect example of what we could have been seeing today, if somehow Reebok was to make AI any Reebok model from the past that he probably wants to wear now in 2017. In this pic you can clearly see that AI is wearing the OG Reebok Rush sneaker model of Emmitt Smith.
pretty sure reebok didn't push him to wear those either with them being a non basketball model

pretty sure reebok didn't push him to wear those either with them being a non basketball model

That's a dope picture c flyness c flyness but as redrum3281 redrum3281 said, AI probably just wore them of his own accord.

Also I don't think Wall was making much of an impact on Reebok basketball so Adidas pulled him over to their camp and just ran out his contract.

It's a sad state of affairs but after 15+ years of retro, we're starting to see its effects on the inline product.

He actually played in them and few other non basketball models, that I would love to see again. Have pics will post them later.  

brands got people so brainwashed it's now disrespectful to wear what you want

it doesn't seem to be in his contract or he just doesn't care anymore

either way ai is a grown man

No matter what you say, you cant justify it. That would have never happened back in the 90's, when was the last time any of you saw the 90's stars, wearing any other brand but the one they have contract with? And we don't know the ins and outs of AI's contract with Reebok, but as far as I know, he has a lifetime one for about $30mil and beyond that he is broke, if it wasn't for Reebok, he would have been nowhere. 

And because he is a grown man, he needs to be more responsible with his decisions. 

Last edited:
Guys, let's not pull teeth over AI's behavior. I just posted that picture in here to simply reiterate what a gong show Reebok's become.

My brothers in the 90s, I only recall it happening one time and it was something rare to see. With Penny Hardaway on the ''Blue Chips'' movie he wore something from a different brand, he wore the Reebok Pump Vertical. Now what AI is doing is just too much, Penny only did it that one time and people really don't remember that. But with AI is like what brand is he really representing? because he just keeps on wearing J's.

Here's the pic of Penny Hardaway wearing the Reebok Pump Vertical

No matter what you say, you cant justify it. That would have never happened back in the 90's, when was the last time any of you saw the 90's stars, wearing any other brand but the one they have contract with? And we don't know the ins and outs of AI's contract with Reebok, but as far as I know, he has a lifetime one for about $30mil and beyond that he is broke, if it wasn't for Reebok, he would have been nowhere. 
And because he is a grown man, he needs to be more responsible with his decisions. 

Agreed 100%

For someone who has always "kept it real" and sometimes a lil too real, he should show some brand loyalty and strictly rock the vector. Again that's just us looking from the outside in, none of us really know how good/bad AI's relationship is with Reebok/Adidas.

Last edited:
Another thing is by AI continuing to wear J's that also feeds into MJ's ego into thinking, that no other brand or shoes will ever compare to his. AI have some pride man, will you ever see MJ rocking any of your shoes than maybe right there. I'll probably understand cause that would show that both of you guys have that mutual respect for each others shoes. Like I said before AI should wear some high end shoes instead of wearing J's the rival brand of Reebok.

Last edited:
we grading people on the 90s which could be 25 years ago depending on what date you ride with?

people are more accessible now with social media

who knows what the older stars were wearing daily and what they were doing?

I've seen ai in Jordan's in prolly 10 different pics

that's why I'd assume his contract is more lax

harden was caught twice in Jordan's I believe and adidas got that nipped quick

puff don't wear sean john everyday

it's an overreaction to me

we're debating another mans brand choices, it's just a weird topic of discussion

all for shoes yall won't even buy for retail

we grading people on the 90s which could be 25 years ago depending on what date you ride with?

we're debating another mans brand choices, it's just a weird topic of discussion

The only reason we won't pay retail for questions is because we know that there is only a smaller group of us who are interested in the shoes today and that there is no need to pay retail. Why pay more when you can pay less a little down the line? As far as AI rocking jays, I guess I'd say just let the man live. He's retired and a hall of famer. Reebok as a basketball shoe company is a dying brand and he's done his part to keep them alive. That's just my opinion though.

The only reason we won't pay retail for questions is because we know that there is only a smaller group of us who are interested in the shoes today and that there is no need to pay retail. Why pay more when you can pay less a little down the line? As far as AI rocking jays, I guess I'd say just let the man live. He's retired and a hall of famer. Reebok as a basketball shoe company is a dying brand and he's done his part to keep them alive. That's just my opinion though.

Well he def tried, there were plenty of magazine covers and photo shoots of him in the diff colabs in the last 2yrs, I have the Day in Philly magazine where he's wearing those pumps and they were just so nice, plenty of times he's supported but I feel like IMHO he didn't get everything he deserved and or needed to really help, I don't think anybody would bat an eye if they saw Kemp or Shaq in other brand shoes

Love people trying to justify his actions, when was the last time you saw Jordan wearing anything but Jordan or Nike sneaker wise, or Shaq for that matter? They can admire other players all they want, but will never rock someone else's signature. 

As for the retail, every normal and reasonable person would not pay retail, for any sneaker, ever. The are all significantly overpriced and if everyone was keeping their cool and chill for a while, not of those overhyped kicks will have the absurd resell market prices. In addition, my personally, I would not pay retail even if I love the shoe and consider it A Must, simply because I buy kcks all the time and I have over 250 pairs, so every $ that I can save is a victory for me. Collecting kicks is one of the the most ungrateful hobbies, knowing that in 10 years, all of them will be almost unwearable, its basically throwing money out the window. Yes, I recognize my problem, but it is what it is. Even if I was a casual buyer, that buys no more than, lets say 10 pairs a year, I will still never pay over retail or retail, it's just unreasonable. 

Back
Top Bottom