The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

People want variety, not the same models all over again for years. We beat the dead horse, till there is no horse to beat anymore, I am not sure what is the direction of the company?
I get the whole CrossFit push and that is fine, but chose one or another, either stick to the CF and don't do anything else, if it's going to be half azzed, or start manage and market the proper way, recognize the true fans and communicate with them, see what they want, see what they expect, I know its a business and at the end of the day its all about profit and margins, but at the same time half azzing releases turns off even the bigger fans away from the brand and ultimately the company suffers the consequences, everyone waits for the deep, deep discounts or not buying at all.
Reebok showed a bunch of sneakers 2 years ago that everyone wanted, at least everyone here, and they went ahead and wiped them all off the program. Yeah maybe it looked like you guys are not going to make a lot of money on those, but consider this, its all down to the proper marketing, get those legends involved more, Shaq did miracles for the first Attaq release and the Shaqnosis, you could have paid Kemp to get his name back on the shoe and promote more, there is Dominique, there is Nick the Quick, Dee, Rodman, Dana, Brian Show, Denis Scott, Robert Parish, the list goes on and on and on...I am sure those legends would love to have their names out there again for a small amount of money. On the flip side, don't sent sneakers to those that don't care or want them, I saw a lot being sent to people on YT that have never even once put them on their feet past the one video the half-*** "review" and post out there. I went above and beyond in the last 3 years to promote the brand via collectivekicks.com, to reach out and track people that are a true legends in Reebok history and connect, interview and keep contacts with, plus posted over 150 videos on Reebok alone, yet not a single person from Reebok gives a flying **** about it.
So what can I tell you, if the management goal is the run the company to the ground, once again, and sell it to another corporation, just get it over with, maybe the next one will care more about the legacy of the brand. 

Yeah I absolutely agree with everything your saying! Everything you said is dead on and would make the brand much stronger. Again it would be awesome to do those things and I wish Retro Basketball/Team sports would operate separately from the Classics umbrella. It would allow for the brand to get desired product to the right customers!

With that being said a lot of those stories don't resignate with young consumers. The only product that basketball has that reaches young demographics is Iverson. His line isn't that recognizable other then a select few models as well. So to develop large quantity of product for a niche consumer is the problem. Again sleek / minimal runners are on trend. So basketball is dead across all brands. So I agree that loyal fans may be tired of the same product but it's the only thing that seems familiar for middle of America consumers. So hopefully Reebok will figure it out.

Yeah I agree. The Question did get a bit out of hand. It was just way to many releases. Also not enough awareness about the product or the back story or reasoning for it. Intentions were good but just wasn't well thought out. I feel it's mainly due to marketing being somewhat disconnected with sneaker culture. Going forward I think you will see some improvements and less massive rollouts.

As far as other shoes from the Iversons line goes, I will say absolutely not. It just doesn't makes since for the brand. I think America is super influenced by Team sports and NBA etc. if more emphasis was placed on US market it could be a possibility. As of now I would say not a chance. Especially with trying to recoop cost of manufacturing.
 Part 1 - A bit out of hand is understatement, but the awareness is nowhere to be found, zero marketing, not disconnected, simply not existing. We are still yet to see any improvement in that direction, but not holding my breath. 

Part 2 - Yes, we are aware of it, it was stated a while ago, when they didn't even release the last OG colorway from the Rail. Business is business...

I am glad that at least you are recognizing the issues and see sense in what I am saying. As for the young generation, they can be familiarized, its all down to the proper marketing, heck look what miracles is Adidas creating with just one name behind a shoe, they turned the whole market around. Aside from the basketball series, Reebok are not even doing too much with the cross training or vintage running ones, all I see them is releasing different colorways of the same shoe or push a retro for a model with minimum tech, stuff from the 80's, with no Hexalite, Pump or Graphlite. Yeah I get it again, its cheap that way and the production cost is low, but again the consumer is sick of the same shoe all over again. 

Quick example - the 1993 Graphlite Pro that released overseas during the summer and I think is now here in the US (you can tell by that I don't even know this, how much the marketing is working) what a fail of a release that is, how can you release a model that had Graphlite in its name, and not have an actual Graphlite on it ?!? How is that even possible, who approved that project...

Last edited:
how i hate todays trends, the rap music is mostly horrible, these skinny jeans and joggers are horrible, not being able to buy a manual in most cars in america is horrible, and minimal runners are horrible, somebody send me back to the 90-05 
i'm still on the search for the I3 playoffs
Hopefully one day man!
maybe just use future and k.dot to push some of the reebok basketball product, if melida whatever and teyana taylor can do a question surely those 2 can, give them a shaqnosis, a kazi, an attack with their own uniqueness to that rapper, k.dot has a reebok following, combine him with some of the other product that also has a following and make it a double following. I bought the Jadaquest just bcuz of how awesome the commercial was for the AI5s were and how awesome it translated into a question, if the goal is low risk high reward, more recognizably influenced colabs, 7734 give jj watt a question, he's got a cross trainer and he's already signed to the brand, use what you have currently and build off of it, if you're gonna beat a dead horse atleast beat it like it owes you money, right now it's being beat by a blind man in a wheel chair with alzheimer's 

how i hate todays trends, the rap music is mostly horrible, these skinny jeans and joggers are horrible, not being able to buy a manual in most cars in america is horrible, and minimal runners are horrible, somebody send me back to the 90-05 
You and me both, we will have so much fun!

Part 1 - A bit out of hand is understatement, but the awareness is nowhere to be found, zero marketing, not disconnected, simply not existing. We are still yet to see any improvement in that direction, but not holding my breath. 

Part 2 - Yes, we are aware of it, it was stated a while ago, when they didn't even release the last OG colorway from the Rail. Business is business...

I am glad that at least you are recognizing the issues and see sense in what I am saying. As for the young generation, they can be familiarized, its all down to the proper marketing, heck look what miracles is Adidas creating with just one name behind a shoe, they turned the whole market around. Aside from the basketball series, Reebok are not even doing too much with the cross training or vintage running ones, all I see them is releasing different colorways of the same shoe or push a retro for a model with minimum tech, stuff from the 80's, with no Hexalite, Pump or Graphlite. Yeah I get it again, its cheap that way and the production cost is low, but again the consumer is sick of the same shoe all over again. 

Quick example - the 1993 Graphlite Pro that released overseas during the summer and I think is now here in the US (you can tell by that I don't even know this, how much the marketing is working) what a fail of a release that is, how can you release a model that had Graphlite in its name, and not have an actual Graphlite on it ?!? How is that even possible, who approved that project...
I agree with you again but I feel the focus isn't on those models. The graphite pro doesn't mean much to a kid in middle America. No matter how cool the shoe is? The success of Adi is primarily based around Kanye West and Boost Technology. I feel Reebok has tried to capitalize on celebrity by signing Kendrick and Future, and has lacked in tech which is common across the industry. So Adi peaked with the perfect storm.

I feel in the U.S. marketing isn't as visible as desired, but that's due to lack of interest from big retailers (Footlocker,Finishline, Champs etc.), as well as the "average" consumer. They try counter this by doing promotion with assets like Future and Kendrick. Kendrick lamar, Teyana Taylor, and Cam'ron had solid years and were very visible in terms of marketing. So it has helped strength the brands image in the U.S. and is creating that sense of "familiarity" amongst a new demographic of consumers with a focus on core heritage models. Even though they aren't my favorites they work and they sell. Euorpe and Asia product markets are considerably higher then U.S. and continue to grow.

As stated before costing is key! To put a graphlite pro plate on that shoe would have raised the price considerably ($140-160). The average guy who picks up the Graphlite Pro wouldn't have noticed that, let alone pay $160 dollars for the shoe. You have to remove yourself from the situation and ***** thing from a business perspective. Your demographic isn't who brands target when creating product. It's about making product accessible for younger demographic that will purchase footwear regular. So again I 10000% agree with you but at the end of the day its business. I would have loved to see it return to its glory but when costing comes in and your close to losing profit by even putting the shoe in production those calls are unfortunately sometimes made. All things are assesed in meetings it's just some things have to fall through the cracks. As far as pump that should work across all product. If it doesn't I would return.

maybe just use future and k.dot to push some of the reebok basketball product, if melida whatever and teyana taylor can do a question surely those 2 can, give them a shaqnosis, a kazi, an attack with their own uniqueness to that rapper, k.dot has a reebok following, combine him with some of the other product that also has a following and make it a double following. I bought the Jadaquest just bcuz of how awesome the commercial was for the AI5s were and how awesome it translated into a question, if the goal is low risk high reward, more recognizably influenced colabs, 7734 give jj watt a question, he's got a cross trainer and he's already signed to the brand, use what you have currently and build off of it, if you're gonna beat a dead horse atleast beat it like it owes you money, right now it's being beat by a blind man in a wheel chair with alzheimer's 
I totally agree. Again basketball is just down man! It just wouldn't make sense to do so at this time. hopefully it's a brighter future for some basketball stuff.

I agree with you again but I feel the focus isn't on those models. The graphite pro doesn't mean much to a kid in middle America. No matter how cool the shoe is? The success of Adi is primarily based around Kanye West and Boost Technology. I feel Reebok has tried to capitalize on celebrity by signing Kendrick and Future, and has lacked in tech which is common across the industry. So Adi peaked with the perfect storm.

I feel in the U.S. marketing isn't as visible as desired, but that's due to lack of interest from big retailers (Footlocker,Finishline, Champs etc.), as well as the "average" consumer. They try counter this by doing promotion with assets like Future and Kendrick. Kendrick lamar, Teyana Taylor, and Cam'ron had solid years and were very visible in terms of marketing. So it has helped strength the brands image in the U.S. and is creating that sense of "familiarity" amongst a new demographic of consumers with a focus on core heritage models. Even though they aren't my favorites they work and they sell. Euorpe and Asia product markets are considerably higher then U.S. and continue to grow.

As stated before costing is key! To put a graphlite pro plate on that shoe would have raised the price considerably ($140-160). The average guy who picks up the Graphlite Pro wouldn't have noticed that, let alone pay $160 dollars for the shoe. You have to remove yourself from the situation and ***** thing from a business perspective. Your demographic isn't who brands target when creating product. It's about making product accessible for younger demographic that will purchase footwear regular. So again I 10000% agree with you but at the end of the day its business. I would have loved to see it return to its glory but when costing comes in and your close to losing profit by even putting the shoe in production those calls are unfortunately sometimes made. All things are assesed in meetings it's just some things have to fall through the cracks. As far as pump that should work across all product. If it doesn't I would return.

I disagree a little bit here, every normal person will see right away that this crap on the bottom is not carbon fiber, no matter what the brand name is. It is truly pointless releasing this shoe that way, I would have paid 160 for a proper one, heck even double up. In fact I did pay that much since I had to buy it from the UK, but I will go above my reach and tell everyone not to buy it, even on a deep discounts, it's just disrespectful.

Last edited:

I could go for like some all white prototypes or like some black toe prototypes, or some concord XI type prototypes or any jordan xi inspired colorway done right compelete with the patent leather from toe to heel

A Concord rendition would be interesting and I can definitely see the correlation. Iverson did the Concord 11's justice back at Georgetown. I relate Concords to AI more so than I do to Jordan because he initially made me take notice of the shoe being that I actually watch NCAA Hoops more than the pros.

A Concord Question has potential to look nice but still wouldn't buy at retail.

1995/1996

I would have bought these if they released them just like that. Big bubble in the back and all. Not for $200 but I would have got them.

I disagree a little bit here, every normal person will see right away that this crap on the bottom is not carbon fiber, no matter what the brand name is. It is truly pointless releasing this shoe that way, I would have paid 160 for a proper one, heck even double up. In fact I did pay that much since I had to buy it from the UK, but I will go above my reach and tell everyone not to buy it, even on a deep discounts, it's just disrespectful.

Trent I keep telling you to remove yourself man. Your a brand historian. You have a different perspective on product. I'm not saying your incorrect for you opinion but 90% of others didn't even notice. You are the expection to purchase a shoe at 160. Average joes wouldnt!

Trent I keep telling you to remove yourself man. Your a brand historian. You have a different perspective on product. I'm not saying your incorrect for you opinion but 90% of others didn't even notice. You are the expection to purchase a shoe at 160. Average joes wouldnt!
well J, i guess the only thing i'll be buying are K.dot classics and the random question til the brand completely dies, R.I.P.

Last edited:

well J, i guess the only thing i'll be buying are K.dot classics and the random question til the brand completely dies, R.I.P.
again, they need to stop bein dumb and just add questions to their i.d. thing

again, they need to stop bein dumb and just add questions to their i.d. thing
QFT

trentbg trentbg , you're my dude but you, myself and everyone who frequents the 'Other Brands' knows you ain't paying MSRP on anything. You didn't do so in the 80s, 90s & 00s and you sure as hell ain't doing it now. :lol:

That said there's no excuse for half-assed Adibok retros especially when the target market aren't teenagers or millenials so at least put some effort in it.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. The Question did get a bit out of hand. It was just way to many releases. Also not enough awareness about the product or the back story or reasoning for it. Intentions were good but just wasn't well thought out. I feel it's mainly due to marketing being somewhat disconnected with sneaker culture. Going forward I think you will see some improvements and less massive rollouts.

As far as other shoes from the Iversons line goes, I will say absolutely not. It just doesn't makes since for the brand. I think America is super influenced by Team sports and NBA etc. if more emphasis was placed on US market it could be a possibility. As of now I would say not a chance. Especially with trying to recoop cost of manufacturing.

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE , appreciate you responding back to us my dude. The Answer II, II Lites, III & the I3 Playoffs are actually less complex than the Question in terms of build construction. If tooling costs are a definite issue, then those models are definitely cheaper than the Question.

If you look at Jordan brand, they over retro I - XIV and as of late they're venturing to the XV - XVII. With the latter they use limited tactics and hype and the former they churn out some low quality garbage that the sheep gobble up because it's cool to do so. It's crazy how cats are completely fine with the 'leather' on the latest re-re-retro IX being trash but slightly better than previous retro. :smh:

The problem is that Reebok does not have the ability to get away with low quality garbage - consumers will simply ignore them. Make a BAPE x Answer II or a Kedrick x I3 Playoff as redrum3281 redrum3281 suggested along with some limited GRs that are TRUE to the original with full grain leather and a plush sock-liner and Reebok's back in the running again. Consumers are pushing back against Nike's inline basketball and retro offerings and they're only lifeline now is overpricing their Jordan retro product. People are going to start tapping out there too - it's just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Will cop blue toes for $70 or less in 2017.   Reebok not fooling me this time into buying these for retail.   I'm taking the W this time Reebok and you're taking the L !!!

Where can we find laces (white/silver speckle) similar to what was in the Original release of the Pearlized Blue Toes? That is the question!

Where can we find laces (white/silver speckle) similar to what was in the Original release of the Pearlized Blue Toes? That is the question!
give me a bit and i'll look around ebay, i'll have to google the original laces so i know exactly what i'm looking for

give me a bit and i'll look around ebay, i'll have to google the original laces so i know exactly what i'm looking for

The more I think about it and after looking, it may have only been the GS sizes that came with the white/silver speckle. So... it looks like they are correct!

The more I think about it and after looking, it may have only been the GS sizes that came with the white/silver speckle. So... it looks like they are correct!
My OG red toe pair (adult size) has the speckle laces.  My OG black pair also has speckle on the black lace

Back
Top Bottom