THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by chris82790

can the bobcats take don nelson too?

CO-SIGN.
pimp.gif

but when does anyone know when turiaf wright and biedrins come back?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Not a bad trade at all

But Jackson's time here was appreciated

pimp.gif

Gonna miss Jack. I know the team is better without him, but he had some really good moments as a Warrior. Definitely appreciated.

Originally Posted by ANDROOOW

Originally Posted by chris82790

can the bobcats take don nelson too?

CO-SIGN.
pimp.gif

but when does anyone know when turiaf wright and biedrins come back?
nerd.gif
Wright is done for the season
Turiaf should be back within a week or 2. he is doing some practice drills.
Biedrins idk

[h2]Monta Ellis Doesn't Sound Happy[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Monday, November 16th, 2009 at 9:27 pm in Uncategorized.

Here is Ellis' take on the Stephen Jackson trade situation. Interesting to say the least.

What did you think when you found?

"(laughs) It was amazing to me. I couldn't believe it at first. It is what it is man. I'm gone miss him. We gone miss him. I went to seehim before he left. It seemed like he was happy. As long as he's happy, I'm happy."

How tough will it be to lose one of your best players?

"It was tough when we had him. (laughs) Losing him, it's going to be tough. But we've got to find a way to get through it, man. I wish himthe best. Now, it's on us. That's what they wanted, so they got it."

Will you have to do more to make up for the loss?

"I'm not (going to) put no more on my back. Somebody else gone have to step up. I'm not gonna do more, somebody else gone have to step upand take on the role that Jack had and be that player. But I'm not putting no more extra on my back."

Do you feel a need to be more vocal?

"Nope. Uh, uh. Not at all"

What do you guys lose with Jack gone?

"No. 1, besides his scoring and the ability to make the extra pass. What we've been emphasizing the whole time is defense. That's one ofour best defenders on the team. And we're trying to get better as a defensive team. And now, who we got now that's going to play defense? We got me.And who else?"

Raja Bell is a good defender

"I don't know too much about dude. I mean (pause) it's crazy, man."

Jack was your best friend on the team. Will you bond with another teammate?

"I'm close to all my teammates. I'm still gone do what we do. We're going to hang out the way we've been hanging out. It ain'tgoing to be no different. We lost one of our close friends. That's it. But, hey, life goes on. I'mma talk to him every day. He's going to talk tome every day. Still going to be like he's here. So I'm not tripping. Like I said, as long as he's happy, I'm happy."

So you're happy. OK. Cool.

"I'm happy that he's happy, yeah."

But you're not happy?

Yeah. I just said I'm happy that he's happy. (Laughs)

What's going to be the key going forward?

"Our young guys gotta pay more attention and learn the game more. They probably need to watch more film and sit back and really evaluate the gamemore, and better."

By Marcus Thompson

Here is Ellis' take on the Stephen Jackson trade situation. Interesting to say the least.

"(laughs) It was amazing to me. I couldn't believe it at first. It is what it is man. I'm gone miss him. We gone miss him. I went to see him before he left. It seemed like he was happy. As long as he's happy, I'm happy."

How tough will it be to lose one of your best players?

"It was tough when we had him. (laughs) Losing him, it's going to be tough. But we've got to find a way to get through it, man. I wish him the best. Now, it's on us. That's what they wanted, so they got it."

"I'm not (going to) put no more on my back. Somebody else gone have to step up. I'm not gonna do more, somebody else gone have to step up and take on the role that Jack had and be that player. But I'm not putting no more extra on my back."

What do you guys lose with Jack gone?

"No. 1, besides his scoring and the ability to make the extra pass. What we've been emphasizing the whole time is defense. That's one of our best defenders on the team. And we're trying to get better as a defensive team. And now, who we got now that's going to play defense? We got me. And who else?"
roll.gif

Jack was your best friend on the team. Will you bond with another teammate?

"I'm close to all my teammates. I'm still gone do what we do. We're going to hang out the way we've been hanging out. It ain't going to be no different. We lost one of our close friends. That's it. But, hey, life goes on. I'mma talk to him every day. He's going to talk to me every day. Still going to be like he's here. So I'm not tripping. Like I said, as long as he's happy, I'm happy."

But you're not happy?

What's going to be the key going forward?

"Our young guys gotta pay more attention and learn the game more. They probably need to watch more film and sit back and really evaluate the game more, and better."

"I'm not (going to) put no more on my back. Somebody else gone have to step up. I'm not gonna do more, somebody else gone have to step up and take on the role that Jack had and be that player. But I'm not putting no more extra on my back."

i really didnt like reading this, and i am a monta supporter

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just spent the last 5 minutes texting my boys quotes from that Monta article. Great material. Monta is a clown.

MT: What's going to be the key going forward?

ME: "Our young guys I gotta pay more attention and learn the game more. They I probably need to watch more film and sit back and really evaluate the game more, and better."

fixed...
grin.gif

March 23rd. 2008. Staples Center. Against the Lakers. My absolute favorite Stephen Jackson moment. What an incredible game. We were BALLIN. Up 72-49 athalftime. Incredible start to the game. Then we had one of our normal 3rd quarter meltdowns. Close 4th quarter with Jack and Kobe trading threes to end thegame. Unbelievable game to be at live. Top 3 most memorable basketball games I've ever been at in my life.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

God I miss that team. We were so fun to watch. God.
frown.gif
Good luck Jack.

I miss Jason Richardson more than any Warrior.

I don't care if he has a game-winner against us.

I wonder if anyone can dig up that date.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

3/23/06
nerd.gif

that Laker game was dope..
pimp.gif
Baron dusting him off after
laugh.gif

best memory of Jack to me are those 3's he hit in Game 6 of the Dallas series. He'll be missed and he brought a lot to the franchise. I can't blamehim for becoming what he's become, it's Rowell's own damn fault for handing him such a dumb contract- anyone with a brain would take it.

Therefore, Monta might not.

"Terry misses! Warriors can win with a 3! (Barnett: they don't have to foul now).....HE GOT IT! HE GOT IT! THE WARRIORS WIN IT! THEY WIN IT!"
pimp.gif

Still, good riddance Jackson.

If/when Don Nelson leaves, are we going to reminisce his moments, too? Like when he won 1,200 games.
Spoiler [+]
1z2q0j6.jpg

nerd.gif

Personally, I'd rather not.

when he gets his record, he should just have his retirement ceremony at mid-court right after the game and i'll be a happy man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

By Marcus Thompson

"(laughs) It was amazing to me. I couldn't believe it at first. It is what it is man. I'm gone miss him. We gone miss him. I went to see him before he left. It seemed like he was happy. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.

But you're not happy?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom