THE OFFICIAL SLAUGHTERHOUSE THREAD **Show Support and Purchase Royce's "STREET HOP"**

y'all heard the song, "The Best Thing Yet" by Royce?!?!
maaaaaaaan
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUs22

y'all heard the song, "The Best Thing Yet" by Royce?!?!
maaaaaaaan
pimp.gif
song is
pimp.gif
off that "Inside A Change" soundtrack...

but "How to Change" by Joell is even better. That song is absolute %%*$$!% fire and Royce is my favorite one of the SH members, in fact i really only$%#!@+ with Slaughterhouse when they 1st came out because of Royce, and got more into Joell and Crooked because of SH (i knew them but really didnt follow themas hard although Joell is probably now my 2nd fav of SH even though its tough for me to rank them after Royce who is #1 to me... i already knew Buddens %$#%before) but imo that Joell song is the best on that soundtrack.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Still havent listened to the album. Cant wait till Tuesday
pimp.gif

Props for holding out, you will not be disappointed. i cant wait to pick up tuesday

They're video has been playing on MTV and BET, correct? Could they all finnaly reach mainstream success as a group? It'd be pretty dope to see themaccepted by the mainstream. I'm glad to hear The One has been playing on some major stations.

Anyway, go support on Tuesday. We complain about the mainstream, but the only way that'll change is if we go out and support the music we want to hear.

They're video has been playing on MTV and BET, correct? Could they all finnaly reach mainstream success as a group? It'd be pretty dope to see themaccepted by the mainstream. I'm glad to hear The One has been playing on some major stations.

Anyway, go support on Tuesday. We complain about the mainstream, but the only way that'll change is if we go out and support the music we want to hear.

Are they still dropping that mixtape?

Some loose tracks out there I don't if there gonna end up on something like the track with M.O.P.

I'm guessing no info on that with Joe's and SH's joints dropping tomorrow

Raekwon of all people gives a shoutout to Slaughterhouse, and essentially calls them pretty much like a modern day Wu
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Mad good video id atch the whole thing, Rae speaks the truth... but he is essentially talking about Slaughterhouse and giving them props from around 5:20 untilthe ending

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Still havent listened to the album. Cant wait till Tuesday
pimp.gif
Same here, im mad hyped and its hard not to dl this... Hearing lots of good reviews
pimp.gif

WARNING: IF YOU DID NOT YET LISTEN TO THE ALBUM DO NOT READTHIS POST AND COME BACK TO IT AFTER A LISTEN

hiphopdx review for the album came out today. its a pretty good read and got 4/5 stars. I agree with most of what they said...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i...aughterhouse-self-titled

only negative thing they really had was...

If Slaughterhouse stopped after track five, it'd be hailed as one of Hip Hop's greatest EPs ever. Sadly, that's not the case; beginning with an incredibly unfunny skit (there are actually three of them), the project takes all of its momentum and goes in reverse. "****oo" [click to listen] isn't deplorable, but certainly not up to par in terms of effort from the emcees. As baffling as it is disappointing, the crew decides to bring in Pharoahe Monch on "Salute," - only to sing a hook - which is like hiring Dr. Dre not to produce, but merely to rap. Effectively, the middle third of Slaughterhouse is a significant drop in quality; fortunately, nearly everything after gets back to business as usual.

pimp.gif
at that 1st line and id have to agree with that part...the first 5 tracks were the strength of the album they really all were
pimp.gif

But i also do have to agree that i did not like "****oo" from the get go and it never really grew on me... on the other hand though i thought"Salute" was hot though. To each his own i guess though
ohwell.gif

and also i cracked a chuckle or 2 at the skits, i wouldnt call them unfunny... "In the Mind of Madness of Joe Budden"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

They shoulda used the skit from the "Slaughterhouse Rules" vid
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and they really didnt mention anything (positive or negative) about Onslaught 2 which is in that highly critiqued middle section of the album and imo that hasto be one of the hottest tracks on the album probably #4 to me after "The One," "Not Tonight," and "Sound Off"

im glad, i listened to the album only half assed so at midnight its going to be pretty fresh for me. I am so excited...Slaughterhouse and Escape Route at12am!!!!!

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Just copped on iTunes, 'cause I'm bedridden today.

I'll cop a hard copy as soon as I can get out the house again.
Im sick as well, but had to cop anyway.

anyone got luck with Escape route?

Not to sound like a hater, but this album is trash.

It sounds like a bunch of disgruntled rappers with no sense of how to make an actual "song" trying to one-up each other on every verse. I'dexpect this from a new rapper still going through artist development, not dudes that have been in the game for 10 years already. I guess that explains why noneof them have had successful careers...

Seriously, how do you have a hot/creative beat like "****oo" and come up with such a corny concept?

And how come "Woodstock" isn't on the album? That was the only song that I actually liked from them.

Back
Top Bottom