THE OFFICIAL SLAUGHTERHOUSE THREAD **Show Support and Purchase Royce's "STREET HOP"**

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Not to sound like a hater, but this album is trash.

It sounds like a bunch of disgruntled rappers with no sense of how to make an actual "song" trying to one-up each other on every verse. I'd expect this from a new rapper still going through artist development, not dudes that have been in the game for 10 years already. I guess that explains why none of them have had successful careers...

Seriously, how do you have a hot/creative beat like "****oo" and come up with such a corny concept?

And how come "Woodstock" isn't on the album? That was the only song that I actually liked from them.

I agree to an extent. But they are Mc's who try to show their lyrical prowless so they want to have the best verses and hip hop is created on competitionso if you are not trying to 1 up each other or have the best verse get off the track, and while a good/catchy hook would make the song better, they probablyfeel it would take away severely from the verses and with these kind of MC's, I agree 100%.

I give the album 8/10 but I can't actually 100% pay attention, I keep getting distracted by something I need to do today
mad.gif

the slaughterhouse album is great...also amalgams site is back up and I was able to get joeys mixtape

Originally Posted by Essential1

It sounds like a bunch of disgruntled rappers with no sense of how to make an actual "song" trying to one-up each other on every verse. I'd expect this from a new rapper still going through artist development, not dudes that have been in the game for 10 years already. I guess that explains why none of them have had successful careers...

Seriously, how do you have a hot/creative beat like "****oo" and come up with such a corny concept?

And how come "Woodstock" isn't on the album? That was the only song that I actually liked from them.

I agree to an extent. But they are Mc's who try to show their lyrical prowless so they want to have the best verses and hip hop is created on competition so if you are not trying to 1 up each other or have the best verse get off the track, and while a good/catchy hook would make the song better, they probably feel it would take away severely from the verses and with these kind of MC's, I agree 100%.

Hearing a rapper talk about how nice they are on EVERY SINGLE SONG on an album is corny. That s___ died with Canibus' career.

There's more to showing your "lyrical prowess" than just spitting punchline verses back to back-to back.

As baffling as it is disappointing, the crew decides to bring in Pharoahe Monch on "Salute," - only to sing a hook - which is like hiring Dr. Dre not to produce, but merely to rap.
ok so I wasn't the only one like "where this _ Pharoahe Monch verse?!!
tired.gif
"

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

As baffling as it is disappointing, the crew decides to bring in Pharoahe Monch on "Salute," - only to sing a hook - which is like hiring Dr. Dre not to produce, but merely to rap.
ok so I wasn't the only one like "where this _ Pharoahe Monch verse?!!
tired.gif
"

4 dudes rapping on almost every song was enough. Besides Monch would've out shined all of them dudes

laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure Royce was like "Yo lets rap likeEminem on this one yall"
Is it possible for an album to have no skippable tracks, but zero replay value?
The One is definitely skippable.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I agree to an extent. But they are Mc's who try to show their lyrical prowless so they want to have the best verses and hip hop is created on competition so if you are not trying to 1 up each other or have the best verse get off the track, and while a good/catchy hook would make the song better, they probably feel it would take away severely from the verses and with these kind of MC's, I agree 100%.

Hearing a rapper talk about how nice they are on EVERY SINGLE SONG on an album is corny. That s___ died with Canibus' career.

There's more to showing your "lyrical prowess" than just spitting punchline verses back to back-to back.
Like what, talkin bout how much money u got, how many bricks u move? Sayin that ur the explicit word for feces and usin a metaphor w/ that? Orrappin about a dance that u do and usin the name of the dance in ya verse 2+ times. Or how about how many broads u plucked, and even usin the same ad lib every3 secons. Or singin when u supposed to be a rapper? Which one of the described rappin styles is also corny to u sir?

The concept of the album is showin that they wasn't gon let the others !!*+ on em, its competition in album form w/ no beef.

But considerin u only like 1 song from em, ur opinion really holds no weight regardin the group.

Anyway, as soon as threw this in the cd player, went from
grin.gif
to
embarassed.gif
then finally
eek.gif
happy.gif
. Album is nice, of course there's always room for improvement, coulda been mapped out a lot better as far as who ended the song. That shouldabeen based off verses and whoo fit the beat the best. Either way, I'm impressed w/ it.

i've spun it 2 1/2 times now and i still don't know how to feel, but Not Tonight
pimp.gif

overall after first listen i'm giving it around a 8/10. not bad, but not as good as that rapreviews review made it seem to be

i still cop albums every single week

but i am very unsure if i should buy this album

i feel i should buy it to support them since i have always copped cd's

too bad this was not a $7.99 release or i would buy
but to be real i don't feel any of there stuff solo anymore

so my question
who anyone who COPPED the album is this any good

Went to BBuy to cop and they didn't have any copies. Looks like I'll have to try another store tomorrow ...

160 just d/l it first and listen and then cop if u feelin it.

I'm 1/2 thru and I'm def feelin it.

Downloaded it when it leaked....Copped it Today....This album is straight fire if you think otherwise then something is wrong with you...

didnt listen to any leaked songs besides woodstock and bought the album today..........worth the wait! album of the year easily

Its pretty good...
Some of the hooks are corny...
They spiting though and the beats are cool...
Is it me or Joel doesn't have the presence the others have...u forget about him a lot of the times...
But overall on this album... Royce > Joey > Crooked > Joel...

On another...does anyone know who else used that sample on Onslaught 2...I'm asking again because its killing me

U dudes are insane, some of the @%#$ yall like....crime pays, carter 3 all that bs and yall say this is tash? ****....

Back
Top Bottom