The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

She's a promising junior!

Nina+Stojanovic+2014+Australian+Open+Junior+iRmaxY-Tct1x.jpg

Sloane is the most overrated player on the women's tour which is saying a lot. She's made her name off of wins against an injured Serena and an injured Maria. She hasn't won a single WTA event. I wouldn't be so critical if she showed some heart and toughness but sadly she's too busy whining about this and that on the court while putting up sub par effort after sub par effort (see miami against Caro) that her career path looks more like Melanie Oudin than Serena.

Last edited:

For you Genie fiends.
I still think it's odd to find that she's only 20 years old.

I have a year on her, whattaya guys think of my chances?

@proto onslaught  A friend of mine actually brought up the idea of going, but not sure if he was really serious serious about it.

Haven't been too many events at all which is a huge disappointment. Funny how my dad sent me pictures of Li Na almost court side like it was no big deal 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I still think it's odd to find that she's only 20 years old.

I have a year on her, whattaya guys think of my chances?

@proto onslaught
 A friend of mine actually brought up the idea of going, but not sure if he was really serious serious about it.

Haven't been too many events at all which is a huge disappointment. Funny how my dad sent me pictures of Li Na almost court side like it was no big deal :x  

Yea, I was looking at tix to the event. Not too bad. the cost of my flight there and lodging would be fairly expensive though. I was going to bring it up with my close friends but for the most part they aren't interested in tennis. My just take a solo trip :smokin :lol:

I'm just glad you guys aren't in here praising Maria Sharapova's stunning beauty that the media has been trying to make us believe exists for almost 10 years now.

Yea, I was looking at tix to the event. Not too bad. the cost of my flight there and lodging would be fairly expensive though. I was going to bring it up with my close friends but for the most part they aren't interested in tennis. My just take a solo trip
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
For pure tennis-fans, I think the earlier-round/1st week is a great time to be there.  Sure, everyone wants to be there towards the business-end of the tournament, but for people who really appreciate the game/players, you can still catch some great tennis during the first few days.  Go catch some side-courts... some practice courts...!  You can learn a lot from watching pros practice... their consistency... their technique!   
I'm just glad you guys aren't in here praising Maria Sharapova's stunning beauty that the media has been trying to make us believe exists for almost 10 years now.
I think she's a pretty girl, but I agree that the media do over-hype her.  She's the big-name in the game... it's to be expected.  As we've mentioned before, the WTA want to pump Genie up now, but it's gonna take some time for her game to catch-up, I think. 

Haha Sinner always the good sport -To be fair they both looked pretty damn stunning out there today, it was enjoyable to watch 
laugh.gif

devil.gif

For pure tennis-fans, I think the earlier-round/1st week is a great time to be there.  Sure, everyone wants to be there towards the business-end of the tournament, but for people who really appreciate the game/players, you can still catch some great tennis during the first few days.  Go catch some side-courts... some practice courts...!  You can learn a lot from watching pros practice... their consistency... their technique!   

I think she's a pretty girl, but I agree that the media do over-hype her.  She's the big-name in the game... it's to be expected.  As we've mentioned before, the WTA want to pump Genie up now, but it's gonna take some time for her game to catch-up, I think. 

I would disagree. Serena is the big name in women's tennis and will be for at least another 2 or 3 years. Sharapova will continue to be the great white hope until Vika gets her act together anyway. Speaking of Vika she just pulled out of Rome and Madrid smh.

I was looking into going the first week so I can take it all in. Before half of the players are eliminated from the draw and move on to prep for the next tourney

I would disagree. Serena is the big name in women's tennis and will be for at least another 2 or 3 years. Sharapova will continue to be the great white hope until Vika gets her act together anyway. Speaking of Vika she just pulled out of Rome and Madrid smh.
I was referring to it from a marketing perspective.  Globally, it feels like Masha's still the bigger name vs Serena... it feels like that to me anyway. 

I was referring to it from a marketing perspective.  Globally, it feels like Masha's still the bigger name vs Serena... it feels like that to me anyway. 

Eh... We'll just have to agree to disagree although Serena's attitude almost ruined her endorsement money back in the day although more companies have been coming around lately.

Last edited:
Eh... We'll just have to agree to disagree although Serena's attitude almost ruined her endorsement money back in the day although more companies have been coming around lately.
Another thing to consider is that I'm assuming we live in different countries (assuming you're in the US)?  

Well, here in HK, in the print media and whatnot, I definitely see more exposure on Masha... her Samsung, Porsche, Tag Heuer, Evian, etc ads in both the local and international newspapers and magazines.  I can't remember the last time I saw Serena in an ad here.  I think she does some home-shopping stuff on TV (?), but I think that's only available within North America.  

Both are Nike girls, but here, obviously Li Na gets that ad-space.  

Oh
Another thing to consider is that I'm assuming we live in different countries (assuming you're in the US)?  

Well, here in HK, in the print media and whatnot, I definitely see more exposure on Masha... her Samsung, Porsche, Tag Heuer, Evian, etc ads in both the local and international newspapers and magazines.  I can't remember the last time I saw Serena in an ad here.  I think she does some home-shopping stuff on TV (?), but I think that's only available within North America.  

Both are Nike girls, but here, obviously Li Na gets that ad-space.  

Yeah I'm in the USA. That was my first time seeing that "I'm So Pretty" commercial. They could have given that spot to a younger cuter player like Bouchard but she's apparently going to be a heel. She's refusing handshakes before the match lol. If I don't like anything else about her I like that.

Back
Top Bottom