The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Just snagged the last 8.5 (sized down 0.5 from my usual 9) pair of the Lunar Ballistecs in White/Lt Crimson from TW.
Not necessarily a bad thing... I felt they ran a tad big.  Width was standard, but length was a bit long.  If you don't have an overly-wide foot, you should be ok. 

Not necessarily a bad thing... I felt they ran a tad big.  Width was standard, but length was a bit long.  If you don't have an overly-wide foot, you should be ok. 
Yeah, from what I've read it's better to size half size down so hopefully it works out.

I think TW even bolded it on their site to size down.

Thanks Sinner.

mean.gif
@LightLotus @SinnerP you guys are making me want a pair now.

Come across a DS pair of courtposite in my closet
laugh.gif
Save your money. With new colorways coming, the prices of older releases will start to plummet 
devil.gif

Honestly tho, none of the colorways really wowed me. 

I dream of an iD option...

Save your money. With new colorways coming, the prices of older releases will start to plummet :evil: .

Honestly tho, none of the colorways really wowed me. 

I dream of an iD option...

Man, I hope so lol

Going to be hitting the courts again in a few days. :smokin

Man, I hope so lol

Going to be hitting the courts again in a few days.
smokin.gif
Yeah, actually the colorway I bought was dropped to $135 as opposed to the original MSRP price.

So they're already dropping. Saw Vapor 9.5s black/orage for $100 on NDC! That's a steal if you ask me, but I wanted the 6 month sole guarantee so I can get my money's worth.  
laugh.gif

Yeah, actually the colorway I bought was dropped to $135 as opposed to the original MSRP price.

So they're already dropping. Saw Vapor 9.5s black/orage for $100 on NDC! That's a steal if you ask me, but I wanted the 6 month sole guarantee so I can get my money's worth.  :lol:  

I rarely hit as much as I like so the 6 month warranty doesnt serve much of a purpose for me :lol:

Wish they had my size for the lunar ballistec in white/ light crimson.

So I just got my Nike Lunar Ballistecs in from TW. 

Conveniently, I'll be on court today so I'll be writing a quick first impression on them for you guys.

*Definitely size half size down if you can, I'm a 9, but this was my first time buying 8.5 for tennis shoes.

Quick on feet pic.

Last edited:
So I just got my Nike Lunar Ballistecs in from TW. 

Conveniently, I'll be on court today so I'll be writing a quick first impression on them for you guys.

*Definitely size half size down if you can, I'm a 9, but this was my first time buying 8.5 for tennis shoes.
Quick on feet pic.

the CW that I wanted :wow:. I'm hitting the courts today too for the second day in a row in the 3.3

the CW that I wanted
embarassed.gif
. I'm hitting the courts today too for the second day in a row in the 3.3
frown.gif
 Sorry man, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you.

IIRC, size 9? so I'll look for a 8.5.

Nice, we should have a NT Tennis thread tournament or hitting session. How cool would that be

:frown:  Sorry man, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you.

IIRC, size 9? so I'll look for a 8.5.

Nice, we should have a NT Tennis thread tournament or hitting session. How cool would that be

I'll need a 9. usually a 9.5 in most shoes 8)

EDIT found a pair :nerd:

I'll hold off for a bit

Last edited:
I'll need a 9. usually a 9.5 in most shoes
glasses.gif

EDIT found a pair
nerd.gif

I'll hold off for a bit
Oh okay awesome.

Glad weather's clearing up, enjoy the weather guys ! 
smokin.gif

Damn, time to chuck those Vapors! 
Haha, I finally decided to retire them since they had holes in the toeboxes from drag.

I still like using them cause of that adaptive fit, really works well.

Last edited:
Quick first impressions on LBs:

Pros:
  • Lightest shoe I've worn, hardly notice them on.
  • Lunarlon cushioning feels bouncy and dynamic.
  • Adaptive fit (similar to Vapors); molding to feet provide secure ride.
  • Synthetic upper feels plush, but supportive.
  • 6-month XDR sole guarantee.
  • Absolutely no break-in required.
Cons:
  • First and foremost, Nike what ... $165 MSRP? 
    sick.gif
  • Sole thickness: rides a tad taller than Vapors, but it really shouldn't affect much.
  • Ventilation: has been noted to be an issue for some, but this will vary.
  • Sizing: can be tough esp. for people with wide feet, these run long (size down 0.5 minimum).
  • Sliding on hard court seems almost too easy with the XDR outsole
I predict I'll like these better than the Vapor Tour 9s over time as I get used to the shoe.

Very impressive, if Nike priced these similarly to the Vapors they would have a grand slam.

Last edited:
So one of the adaptive fit shoe lace eyelet on my CB 4.3s snapped on me this weekend. I sent it in to Nike on a prayer. If not I told them to donate them if they couldn't do anything for me.

Totally thinking of trying out a pair of venomenons for tennis. lol.

Talked about this in the Nike Tennis thread, but hit some balls in some 2008 AT1's today.  Outsole's a bit thin and lacks cushioning, but nothing like the fit of a proper mid-cut! 

Dirty public courts though... 
mean.gif
 Brown scuffs on my white outsole... 

Talked about this in the Nike Tennis thread, but hit some balls in some 2008 AT1's today.  Outsole's a bit thin and lacks cushioning, but nothing like the fit of a proper mid-cut! 

Dirty public courts though... :smh:  Brown scuffs on my white outsole... 

damn that sucks. I've been playing on public courts latetly.

8)

Dirty public courts though... 
mean.gif
 Brown scuffs on my white outsole... 
Yikes, I can relate 
mad.gif
...toeboxes of the new LBs have been scuffed to death already.

The synthetic is actually harder to clean than Vapors, might also be that I chose the white colorway.

Side-note: I met this 50-year old coach sponsored by Nike and she straight up told me "make sure you switch between shoes...I went through LBs in 4 weeks".

Wish I was sponsored...then durability goes out the window entirely!

To be fair, I can probably clean the outsole with some wet-wipes or whatever, but I'm just too lazy... 
laugh.gif

Anyway...

Right now, she is... a bit.  The WTA loves her and is over-promoting her... I don't have anything against her, but it's getting to a point where it's off-putting. Oh well. 

Back
Top Bottom