The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Yeah, I think Ana wraps up the 2nd and then we go into the 3rd with the outcome just depending on who can get their head/game together quicker ...and hopefully with no more interruptions.

It'll be important for Ana to break for the set here too... wasn't entirely confident on her serves, especially on her 2nd serves.  Sabine was hammering a few of the returns.  

Hopefully Ana will take the 2nd and then come back tomorrow when the weather clears... 
indifferent.gif

World #4, y'all.  How the hell did that happen???

Meanwhile, Murray looked really good... Nole's looking really good too.  

Potentially Murray vs. Grigor will be interesting. 

Damn Serena....Damn...

Yoooo Nishikori going the distance and winning a five setter without injury? I am impressed.

Banzai Nishikori

Last edited:
I know... with a serve like that, you should be going deep into the tournament.

Day+Seven+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+MMhLKX4vM36x.jpg

So long, Caro.

Caroline+Wozniacki+Wimbledon+Day+7+bfrQR_ZRR5px.jpg

Day+Seven+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+8Nbv7eL5Uz4x.jpg

Wimbledon+Day+7+xPb9lGorYrQx.jpg

Day+Seven+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+C6uUUu6kxyNx.jpg

For you Princess Genie fiends.

Day+Seven+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+5_uZ0jO6Td3x.jpg

tired.gif

Ana+Ivanovic+Wimbledon+Day+7+EbOqieVOYUWx.jpg

Kim+Sears+Kim+Sears+Arrives+Wimbledon+zA1BM2uqshyx.jpg

Shame about Ivanovic not fulfilling potential at yet another GS. Really willing her to come through. But glad to see Genie coming through ( yes im that shameless whilst my girl Robson is still out) I'm back to Sw19 tomorrow on Centre with Sharapova, Nadal and Kitova playing. And I'm gonna catch Lisicki in court 3 at 11.30 first. BTW that final return from Djokovic!!!

I try to emulate Isner as we're both tall and lanky (though I'm only 6'4 
laugh.gif
) Got a ways to go before I can serve 140mph tho

@britkicks  
laugh.gif
 Shameless!  Though Robbo seems very pleasant and whatnot, but her game's so iffy... moments of brilliance and effortless power... but the consistency, as usual. 

That return though... 
eek.gif

And for those wondering why he had such a huge reaction... Jo started to play very well in the 3rd and was serving bombs.  It was a really tight and tense set, so hence the emotion by Nole afterwards. 

And for the randomness of it...

Sinner you are right and I do have a thing for posh English girls - indeed I married one. However I have followed Robson since her Junior days and she was on a roll before getting injured but I don't think she will ever be more than top 20 and a few small tourney wins and GS semis. She will be the female Henman I predict- loved in Middle England and ignored in the rest of the world!

BTW 2 McEnroe has picked Genie to win Wimbledon this year. WTA board will wet themselves with excitement if it happens. Bottom half of women's draw is wide open now though.

Back
Top Bottom