The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I know he has the Adidas shoes and probably something going on with Uniqlo. I'm doing a little research to see what he has going on for endorsements.

Edit: Looks like he signed a 5 year deal with Uniqlo in 2012 for the clothing.

Last edited:
He's got Uniqlo for attire and Adi for shoes... Tricky for Nike to get him out of both deals.  I think Uniqlo threw a lot of money at him cuz when his Sergio Tacchini deal ended, Nike was rumored to be in the running, but Uniqlo shocked everyone.  

Last edited:
So a great final brings to end a pretty good Wimbledon. Highlights for me were being on Centre Court for Murray's beginning of his defence, and being there again for the Sharapova kerber match (one of the best women's matches I have seen in a while) and then Nick k beating Rafa. Low point was Murray's lame exit of course. good to see Grigor and Genie finally living up to the hype and the men's doubles final was also a highlight.

Can't wait for the USO.

View media item 1063704View media item 1063705View media item 1063706View media item 1063708

^ Nice... did you rock your ATC's?

If anything, looks like Nike Tennis has been downsizing... dropped a few players last season, most notably Berdych.  And look at their line or products... only had a Lunar Ballistec for Rafa (which he didn't wear) and a Vapor 9.5 for Fed. The Air Max Cage is also just a modest upgrade from their previous 2K-series shoe (which I thought were better than the current Cage).  

Still, Nike's still got Grigor, Delpo, Masha, Petra, Li Na, Genie, etc... They can do without Nole.

Last edited:
Also, for those saying Genie was a letdown... I don't think its entirely accurate.  Petra was on FIRE and just overpowering everything Genie sent her... It was just one of those incredible performances.  Everything Genie sent, it was returned deeper and with more pace.   Unplayable. 

Anyway... late on the pics.

Genie's been impressive, but for me, not the most esthetically pleasing ground strokes.

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+-vNIeHPaMrgx.jpg

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+ViCvjVHboC2x.jpg

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+0SQddXFhV0Mx.jpg

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+wnKAVE8pcB9x.jpg

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+NUvzFcgRNfxx.jpg

And what a story for these 2...

Day+Twelve+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+RLomhmxtyA8x.jpg

Last edited:
.^ Agree with that Petra would have beaten almost everyone on the tour in that form on grass - Genie can hold her pretty head high

^^ wore the AT1 on the first Monday but the second Tuesday was in the posh seats so had to smarten up.

Plus on the subject of nike athletes they have a history of only two or three big players with signature lines at once. Grigor is being moved into position to replace Fed when he retires and same for Genie replacing Serena IMO.

Bouchard didn't play anybody with real, consistent power until the finals. She could have been blown away by anybody the way those balls were sitting up.

Britkicks - Yes, I agree.  They can still get a few years outta Rafa, but for sure, they're scouting for the next guy.  

Anyway... photoset for Day 13. 

Celebs first.

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+3XVcBuDnDSMx.jpg

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+rqhpOW1Skewx.jpg

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+N1M7g8EnNrsx.jpg

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+SLnKknP6DMOx.jpg

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+o-ADCfEWka3x.jpg

Day+Thirteen+Championships+Wimbledon+2014+Azz43azCB2bx.jpg

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Uniqlo only sponsors 3 athletes... Nole, Kei & Adam Scott (golfer). Interesting, from a non-sports fashion house.  Same for Berdych and H&M.  All very subjective, but his line is horrible. LOL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Uniqlo only sponsors 3 athletes... Nole, Kei & Adam Scott (golfer). Interesting, from a non-sports fashion house.  Same for Berdych and H&M.  All very subjective, but his line is horrible. LOL.

Took a look at Uniqlos website and the stuff on there for Novak is completely bland, pretty much just plain polo shirts and shorts...no style whatsoever.

Yeah his gear is plain. Should ask Pharrell or Nigo (Bathing Ape) to do some stuff for him since they work with Uniqlo.

Chris hemsworth married to the chick from Fast 6? what a lucky bastard. i love that chick :frown:

Yup. She looks totally different with the short, blond hair. If I didn't know they were married I would've thought it was someone else.

Damn Fed....

saw that Bryan Bros match...nicceeee! Way to go Jack Sock and Vasek Pospisil!

I copped some of Djokovic's last year's Uniqlo shorts(hate the guy, but wanted to try something different.)

Love the shorts though.

The man in me says congrats to Novack..

The fan in me says....you still suck Djokovic.

I got a feeling that Fed gets bounced in the quarters come USO.

Gonna be Djoker v Rafa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom