The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Woke up to see the final game. Some idiots in the crowd disrespecting the server but in all honesty it looked like Andy was beat already by then. He needs to strengthen his back. No points to defend till year end so pressures off now.

Sure all the Murray haters on here will be pleased as punch but glad it was competitive for the most part. Nole to go on to win now. Can't see Kai offering much after two 5 set epics

Go watch the first 2 sets... it was fantastic.

865414645.gif

Actually, I thought Murray played reasonably well, especially in the 1st and 2nd.  Very intense couple of sets that really took a lot out of both guys.  He was really blistering his forehands and outhitting Nole in a few of the rallies... looked very impressive.  I had never seen that type of aggressiveness.  

His level dropped in the 3rd and he was pretty much done in the 4th.  His back tightened up so he was basically spinning his serves in... and that was pretty much it.  

If he's able to get his fitness up and get a bit more consistent with that flat FH, 2015 should be pretty good for him.  

Last edited:
As much as I want Monfils to break through and have his career moment.  I need to see Roger get  #18 before it starts slipping out of reach and this seems like the best chance he's had in a while.

Last edited:
Epically bad tennis from Berd right now... playing so poorly.  

Of course, Cilic (for no reason) is handing Berd a lifeline right now.... 

Looking like Berdych in straights in a losing effort.
Just like I was to quick with Flavia. Not so fast, my friend. Berdych is winning this third set tiebreaker, and the fourth set, and fifth. Not because I want him to, just using my head.

Epically bad tennis from Berd right now... playing so poorly.  

Of course, Cilic (for no reason) is handing Berd a lifeline right now.... 
SP, missed the first two sets getting a haircut and working out. Can I get a recap?

Admittedly not as invested as yesterday's action.

Wow, no edit here. I was very wrong. Ship sank quickly from 4-3 in Cilic's favor in the third set tiebreaker. Did not remotely see this coming. I need that recap from SP on the first two sets.

Berd couldn't buy a first serve (served like 30-40%, I think?)... then made a ton of UFE's.  It was just a mess.  

Cilic, on the other hand, was just solid.  Served well, hit a lot of winners and was solid at the net.  Played very well and definitely deserved it.  

Cilic tightened up in the 3rd (Berd got an early break), but was able to get it to a TB.  Berd played a bit better in the 3rd, but had a bunch of errors in the TB.

An interesting point during the 3rd was when Berd was running up to get a dropshot, chair-ump Louise, called it a double-bounce and gave the point to CIlic.  Berd was understandably upset and adamant that it wasn't a double-bounce cuz when Berd hit it, he had created so much backspin that it bounced into Cilic's court and spun back into Berd's side.  Replays showed that it did bounce twice... but it was extremely close.  

Berd was salty over that call. Someone should've told him he was wrong.
I could see where he was coming from though... with that much backspin, he legitimately believed that he hit it on the first-bounce.  

I'm sure someone will tell him about it post-match, but for sure they couldn't have had anyone tell him during the match.  

Back
Top Bottom