The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Time for Serena to be about that action. Scumbag Shamil Tarpishchev finally apologized. Makes me hope Serena beats the brakes off of Sharapova again.

G.T.F.O.
That second one. 
eek.gif

That fist bump, though...
mean.gif

You can tell how well liked Masha is in the WTA by those pics.
laugh.gif

That fist bump, though...
mean.gif

It's no surprise that Masha is distant from the other WTA gals.  She just chooses to stick with her own team... Just a different attitude and approach to it

Similar to what Genie said earlier... "I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to win."

Haha, I can respect the fist-bump... just gotta put your hands up and say "too good".  

Nah Serena told us nobody likes her in an interview last year. She doesn't get invited to any of the cool parties was the exact quote lol.

Haha, I can respect the fist-bump... just gotta put your hands up and say "too good".  
I don't mind seeing one player give another one credit for a great shot (like when a player claps with their tennis racket), but I think walking up to your opponent and giving them a fist bump during a match is just too much. I feel like the thumbs up Jack gave Grigor was more than enough.

I'm surprised Dimitrov even tried that while down a set, though. I was half-expecting someone here to say that was Monfils-like or something.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm surprised Dimitrov even tried that while down a set, though. I was half-expecting someone here to say that was Monfils-like or something.
laugh.gif

No, it's different from the Gael ones, IMO.  On both shots, Sock really blasted the returns... the first shot bounced a few feet from Grigor, while the second shot literally bounced right in front of the baseline; right at Grigor's feet.  At those speeds and where the ball bounced, you're usually left with a reaction shot, which was what Grigor did.  Basically flicked his racquet back and just hoped to get it back into play.  95% of the time, Sock would have won the point with those types of returns.  For some of Gael's circus shots, he seems to have a bit more time to set the shot up.  Grigor had a lot less time. 

Anyway...

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ana had her chance at 4-4 with a BP... forehand volley floated long.  Could have served better and a few less errors, but played reasonably well.  

Held serve with ease in the 2nd set, except for when it counted.  I think if she plays at this level in her remaining matches, she might have a shot.

Missed the Simona/Genie match.  

Nah Serena told us nobody likes her in an interview last year. She doesn't get invited to any of the cool parties was the exact quote lol.

Expected since other people probably think sharapova's a grump. Maybe the male tennis players invite eugenie to stuff since she's new and fresh. These rich tennis players probably do some decent partying.

Wonder who is going to come out on top in the red group
I'm expecting Serena and Ana to make it out of the red group. I could possibly see Halep sneaking her way into the semis with a win against Ivanovic, though. Genie... Even if she manages to stay undefeated against Ana, I don't think she has a chance against the world #1.

For the white group, I'll say Maria and... Petra? Masha has been playing great and she's been moving around a lot better lately, so I think she'll make it to the next round for sure. I think Woz will come up just a little short against Kvitova. I honestly don't see Agnie winning a match with the way she's been playing lately.

Finals prediction: Williams vs. Sharapova.

Last edited:
Yikes... Stan just lost his third match in a row.

EDIT:
eek.gif
Halep gives Serena a bagel. Only nine points won in the 20 minute first set for Williams. Serena's not looking right, though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom