The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Stefan Djokovic!
From Nole's Instagram:

laugh.gif

Soooooooo... Ana needs a straight-sets win vs Simona to advance and eliminate Serena?  [emoji]128531[/emoji]

I have a feeling Halep won't be giving it her all tomorrow. Strategically that is the better play.

Bouchard was in the wrong place at the wrong time this morning.
Poor Genie. It sucks her first career match against Serena had to be after that happened.

Quote:
I have a feeling Halep won't be giving it her all tomorrow. Strategically that is the better play.
That would be the smart thing to do. Otherwise, Serena will be out for blood. If both Sharapova and Williams miss the cut, I think just about anyone left has a fair shot of winning the title.

Looks like Woz just needs to win one set against Kvitova to reach the SFs...

Last edited:
Serena beat Bouchard at Cincinnati in 2013. Bouchard needs to get more weapons because she gets blown off the court by everybody that can hit as hard as she does.

Ana fought so hard to win the 1st... and now she's outta gas.  
tired.gif

Anyway... now this was unecessary... 
laugh.gif

Hell of a semi-final between Serena & Caro. Serena had a moment when she went down 6-2 in the first set. She destroyed her racquet in a way that would make Federer proud. Sucks that Caro was the only person to not lose in round robin and end up blowing a lead like that.

Halep... so good... though Aga didn't really put much pressure on her in the 1st.

Last edited:
That's what I thought - unless Raonic Gregor win and get to final and Ferrer, Kei etc all go very deep and Murray goes out first round

Back
Top Bottom