The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Nole's backhand was pretty mediocre today... lots of errors... missed a lot of shots... uncharacteristic.

Jano may not even avoid a straight sets defeat. Inexperience and nerves.

Holding his serve is difficult enough a task. Forget breaking Muzz.

I was also thinking about that regarding his inexperience with this stage but Andy also is inexperienced with Jano hence why he might drop 1 set

Nole looked unstoppable against Chardy and Haas.

It wasn't just the step up in competition with Berdych and Del Po, Djoker's backhand was off and unforced errors up.

You have to believe Nole is vulnerable in the final. Andy's prime opportunity. Easier draw and better rested if he can finish Jano in three or four sets.

Last edited:
Good call, awwsome. Muzz is feeling the pressure more than Jano is showing nerves.

Jano is controlling the opening set with his serve. Touching 120 on second serves. Not double faulting as much as I anticipated. Showing proper decision-making by working in his drop shot at appropriate moments.

Scary combination when Jano loads up on his serve and forehand, then suddenly works in an off speed drop shot.

Andy never makes it easy, does he.

Good call, awwsome. Muzz is feeling the pressure more than Jano is showing nerves.

Jano is controlling the opening set with his serve. Touching 120 on second serves. Not double faulting as much as I anticipated. Showing proper decision-making by working in his drop shot at appropriate moments.

Glad I bet Jano to win that 1st set :pimp:

Jano putting the pressure on Murray, He's still committing a lot of unforced errors.

Here comes Andy. I think he realizes he can't wait until the third set to kick it into gear, like against Verdasco.

Jano is a different animal and a bit unknown (raw) in terms of tendencies.

Very raw... going for so much on all his shots... throwing droppers outta nowhere... not much point-construction. Fun to watch though... Lol.

His tennis IQ and point (game) management will improve with experience and coaching.

I'd be shocked if Jano managed to win another set and stretch it to five.

Murray had the chance to go up 2 breaks... blew it.

Jano had the chance to get back on serve... blew it.

mean.gif

Last edited:
Jerzy finally getting what he wants... worked the ref...

Muzz whining like a little boy...

Momentum is one thing, but closing the roof makes the court faster in that it takes the wind-element out. This will benefit Jerzy, who has a HUGE serve.  No wind also makes the ball a bit more predictable. 

Last edited:
Less wind-resistance... the ball will travel through the air just a tad faster... more pace on the shots, especially on a huge serve.

So sad about the outcome of the Del Po match. He seems to be back in form though, and he's only 24. His future is bright.

Back
Top Bottom