The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Looking like Serena vs Azarenka/Na Li now. Radwanska has zero weapons just like Wozniacki they're pretty much filler in the top 10.

That's the best I've seen Li Na play in recent tournaments. Girl was dialed in. Interesting to see if this hot form carries her past Serena or Vika.

I've seen too many matches where she's had her opponent on the ropes or even match point only to somehow crumble (Aussie Open v Clijsters a few years ago comes to mind). She kinda reminds me of Djokovic's problems early on his career, top 5 talent, with sporadic mental blocks

Last edited:
Grew up on Kuerten, Safin, Philippoussis, Michael Chang, Hewitt.

Never was a hardcore fan of Sampras and Agassi.
Grew up on Agassi, Sampras, Courier, Chang, Edberg, Becker, etc

Was a hardcore fan of Agassi and appreciated Sampras.

But I've probably mentioned that on here before... 
tongue.gif

Anyway, I only caught a bit of Serena/Sloane... and while it was a pretty comprehensive win for Serena, I was pretty impressed with Sloane.  Still quite rough around the edges, but also showed flashes of brilliance.  Being able to hang in there in long rallies (and occasionally winning a few) against Serena is not easy task.  She was able to easily generate a lot of power on her groundies, which surprised me too.  Her main problems (from what I saw yesterday) was her choice of shots during some rallies. I think she need to work the points a bit more. There were times when she'd try to go for a winner mid-rally and more often than not, would miss by a lot. Probably lacking a bit of patience there... too many errors.  Her returns also needed to be better, but then again, this was against Serena's serve.  The talent is there, no doubt.

2013+US+Open+Day+7+RtdCs9ZYkzgx.jpg

How about the Bryan Bros going for the Grand Slam!?

2013+US+Open+Day+7+5rYhDjm9uQEx.jpg
\\

2013+US+Open+Day+7+kp3remtr-Jax.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+qYZ1I54_70_x.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+ramW5fVvZK4x.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+Sty7G5M2sHHx.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+5R4f1D4GI0-x.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+N8NpZtd9SzSx.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+N3TVawprxohx.jpg

2013+US+Open+Day+7+l4sekaA4Kmnx.jpg

Li+Na+2013+US+Open+Day+7+JHLhepuZ9zYx.jpg

Last edited:
Damn P, never had you pegged as an Agassi fan, that does surprise me 
laugh.gif

Grew up on Boris diving about like a madman, and he will always be #1 for me, closely followed by Mac.

Navratilova is my all time fave in the women's game.

laugh.gif
 WUT!?  You haven't seen my posts in the Agassi thread in Retro!?  
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Andre's my #1 athlete!

On the cbs sports network they're showing US Open Greatest Tiebreaks. Dementieva's sexy self is on right now. Henin was on before and I really miss watching her play. I prefer the green court they played on too.

That sounds like a great time-killer!  So many to choose from... unfortunately, they're probably have enough time to play a lot of them. 
eyes.gif

CBS is blacked out for me smh I'm sick of them and Time Warner already. They gave us the Tennis Channel but their live coverage sucks so I rely on choppy streams and ESPN2.

Upsetting to see Raonic concede, give away this opening set.

Fed is in a deep 0-2 hole. Not sharp or focused. Floating his backhand wide on numerous points.

I still think Roger rallies to win in five. Tommy is an all or nothing player. Doesn't know how to dial down the power on his forehand, similar to Sabine.

Fed will get an early break in the third set. He's not converting on break points, especially in the second set.

Set would be much easier if Fed closed out on his various break point opportunities.

He's seemingly indecisive and exhibiting a lack in concentration.

His backhand has been shaky all match.

Call me stubborn, I still believe Fed will dig deep to rally in five.

Unlikely, I know. But I'm keeping the faith.

Back
Top Bottom