The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

They better host it at Indian Wells.

We have a tennis specific stadium on the CSU Dominguez Hills campus

Only a few miles away from the crib, gonna try to get some tickets don't care about the round just wanna check it out.

Random fact it’s next to the only cycling velodrome in the country.

🤔🤔🤔
I dunno... haven't really heard anything bad about Qinwen. Her biggest 'story' was how upset she was when her coach ditched her to go back to coaching Osaka.

But Emma N. had just lost a match in which she had led and had chances to serve for the win. Then she questioned why Qinwen had so many fans (which is a weird comment in itself). It just came off as a bit... salty. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It's been an... eventful... couple of days for American women's tennis, that's for sure.

that's a lot of hate in her heart towards a specific opponent for choking lol.

TIL that she's a nepo baby to a billionaire debt collector, this mess makes her sound like a spoiled child

Maybe Qinwen isn't the most friendly in the locker room... I really have no idea.
But complaining about 'locker room camaraderie' on your opponent during the Olympics after you just lost a match you probably should have won... the optics of that just isn't great. My first impression was that she was a sore loser.... and judging from the comments/replies, a lot of others felt the same way.

Yep... she and Pegula are worth quite a bit! 😅

He's really impressed in Paris but it's bittersweet for me because he now has to face Carlos in the semi :lol: :sick:

He was up 2 breaks and still couldn't win the set against a Djoker who had some issue with his knee.
With the serve he's got, that's on him.

Legend and a true gentleman of the game :pimp::pimp:

That year where he won the French Open then followed it up with an Olympic Gold Medal in London is unforgettable. That eventually leading into him breaking the British mens drought at Wimbledon the next summer was so great to see :pimp:

Had he played in another era he likely would've retired with a few more majors but it's still a hell of an achievement to have won multiple during the peaks of Rafa, Fed and Joker

🙌 Queen Wen 🙌

What did she say?
It was just your typical one-sided tennis commentary, but since she has a personal relationship with Donna, it was extra OD. There were times where she was blatantly rooting against Zheng. It was clear she had a rooting interest, and she spent little to no time during the match praising Zheng for her tennis.

Back
Top Bottom