||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
more mature K&OJ my %%#
Im gonna blame Atlantic for this

i actually like the album 
wiz did a lot better than most do when making that transition into being a commercial star.

i can definitely chill and put one in the air with this album

indifferent.gif
 to those expecting him to make an album thats like his previous mixtape 

wiz is in the business to make money not have tremendous internet fame

maybe if we all actually still purchased our music we wouldn't be complaining about artist having "pop" records

pure rap/hip hop doesn't sell and pop music does it is as simple as that 

watch this album sell wayyyyyyyyyy more than his previous albums combined

woooooow

30t6p3b.gif

spitta > wiz.

and wiz has a nice flow only that he doesnt use it to his advantage. homeboy straight up sold out. no respect (not that he cares)

theres a reason why he dropped cabin fever....if you didnt know this was gonna be pop then you're pretty dumb.

Originally Posted by Flight8403

i actually like the album 
wiz did a lot better than most do when making that transition into being a commercial star.

i can definitely chill and put one in the air with this album

indifferent.gif
 to those expecting him to make an album thats like his previous mixtape 

wiz is in the business to make money not have tremendous internet fame

maybe if we all actually still purchased our music we wouldn't be complaining about artist having "pop" records

pure rap/hip hop doesn't sell and pop music does it is as simple as that 

watch this album sell wayyyyyyyyyy more than his previous albums combined
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

My Review

When I'm Gone - This is cool. The beat is nice. I don't like the hook at all. I think this may be the first time I ever cringed when hearing a Wiz hook. It doesn't really feel like an intro. It's not bad but it's not really good either. 

Get On My Level - I know this song is old but I never bothered to listen to it because it features Too Short (Can you blame me?). This has a cool little vibe. I love the synths Jim Jonsin uses. The hook is nothing special but it works. The verses aren't anything special. I can listen to this one, though. Right after I remove Too Short's verse.

Black & Yellow - Double Platinum.

Roll Up - I take back what I said about the intro. THIS is the first Wiz hook that made me cringe. I understand why the song exists but, damn, this #%@+ is corny. It will probably sell just as much as Black & Yellow.

Hopes & Dreams - This beat is dope! I don't really care for the hook but it's not trash. I like everything else about the song. Smooth vibe. 

Wake Up - Another StarGate beat. I'm going to go cry in the corner now. What the +%$$ is this? I guess they had him make a pop album. He has used the same flow on every song thus far. Yeah, this pretty corny.

The Race - I heard this before the album and is the only song from the album that I like so far. Smooth track. Great production and a dope hook. Definitely a stand out.

Star Of The Show - Let me start by saying Chevy Woods is pure garbage. This sounds like a 40 (Drake's producer) beat. The hook is okay. Honestly, it sounds like he's trying too hard on this one. Either that or he's not comfortable with the music. It's lacking emotion.

No Sleep - This is garbage. I knew he was going to make some pop #%@+ but not a pop album. I am highly disappointed. 

Get Your #%@+ - This beat sounds dope but it's ruined by another cheesy, pop, hook. Again, he's using the same flow. This beat is nice, though.

Top Floor - I can't stomach this #%@+ anymore. I literally feel sick. This guy has so much talent but he chose to sell out.

Fly Solo - LOL. "Same song to a different beat." He knows he's making %#%!%@!*. This is one of those generic pop rock songs. 

Rooftops - This track features Curren$y so hopefully it won't be pop. This hook sucks too. Curren$y delivers a solid verse which, besides "The Race", may be the highlight of the album.

Cameras - You know this is going to be pop as soon as it comes on. This is SUPER pop. This is garbage as +%$$. 

Overview

I can't believe it. I knew his sound was going to change but I don't think the change in any artist's sound has ever been THIS drastic when going from underground to mainstream. This #%@+ is absurd. He went from a weed rapper to a pothead pop singer. This album has NO soul whatsoever. None of this is real. Like he says on "Fly Solo", "Same song to a different beat." That's all this album is. You can argue that his old #%@+ was the same way but at least they were rap beats. At least the hooks were good. This is watered down GARBAGE. The highlight of the album is "The Race" and by highlight I mean the only song worth listening to. The album has great (pop) production and that's where the positive things to say about the album run out.

after your horrible "fear of god" review i think ill just not bother reading ur bs

^^^^^

LMAOOOOOO

word

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

dudes about to fall off..

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Real talk tho... I hope not.
frown.gif
called it soon as he signed to a major

it's not hard at all to predict that

just finished listening to it and wow
laugh.gif
i didn't know what to expect for rollin papers when he dropped cabin fever
this is pure trash though
The Race and On My Level are the only tracks that were cool, aside from Black and Yellow
Wake Up
roll.gif

I was expecting to buy this on some Lifetime Achievement Award type %!@*, just helpin him get a Platinum plaque based on POTC 1-2, Flight School, Star Power, etc.

But there is no way in hell I'm purchasing this crap, no matter how much love his older %!@*

Wow...I didn't have high expectations but this didn't even meet the low ones I had.

This may very well be his worst body of work period. I'd rank pretty much every one of his mixtapes above this.

WHEN IM GONE
ON MY LEVEL
BLK N YLLW
THE RACE
STAR OF THE SHOW.....or Die

album is soft. Dont think this is too much of a change tho. Dude been a POP RAPPER ( In the cut, we're done, yea...), he just had less hiphop beats on here.
I like the production tho, but for some white broad singing.

Cabin Fever didn't even knock like that, like that though.

Noooo replay value. So I'm not tryin to hear that "he just dropped it for the OG fans" type #$%!." It was a lazy effort regardless.

I am grateful for that HQ Homicide and re-mixed Taylor Gang, though.

rap godfathers probably has it.
.info instead of .com

this is pure and utter garbage.
I can't decide which is worse, this or LASERS?

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Noooo replay value. So I'm not tryin to hear that "he just dropped it for the OG fans" type #$%!." It was a lazy effort regardless.

..... You're lying to yourself if you think GangBang and Errday don't knock 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

..... You're lying to yourself if you think GangBang and Errday don't knock 
grin.gif

Errday was trash, but GangBang eh, in the right atmosphere I #$$# with it.

You will never catch me going out of my way to play that though.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

I can't decide which is worse, this or LASERS?

this cd is easily worse

and i think everyone was expecting pop music, or at least that it wouldn't be the Wiz from the mixtapes, but i don't think anyone expected the pop music to be this bad

Back
Top Bottom