The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, same exact thing. Only with those two releases. Someone tipped me off that it's because they're detecting I'm using a script but I doubt that. I also can't see how it could my connection because I'm using wired with my university's internet...

...like c'mon. This leads me to believe it's on Nike's end. If I have that connection speed, even with a basic script, I should be able to have some kind of success but I haven't been able to cop anything besides the lebron 11 FI, which alot of people seemed to get through on.
Your at RIT?  I'm from Rochester too bro! Any luck with any raffles?  What size do you wear?

Ok, how do I learn the language that I need?  I'll put in the work just don't know where to start!
Google code academy and and try their javascript course.   Very straight forward it would take you about a week or so to finish the course.

Your at RIT?  I'm from Rochester too bro! Any luck with any raffles?  What size do you wear?
Yeah son! I'm not a raffle man. I try to cop online most of the time. I'm an 11. I don f*** with Greece Ridge. They wildin' out there. I've camped out a couple times at Marketplace Mall though. 

Can I ask you how you even got your speed that fast?  Mine is like 20 MBPS!
The luxury of paying 56k for tuition. 
laugh.gif

^ your speed is good but what's you ping to Nike? Mine is a lot slower than your but my ping is only 12ms to Nike. Which is so so. Still fail though.
It varies. Sometimes I get low as 2ms. 

Connection issues are just a coincidence. I've gotten quite a few of them and never used a bot. That many concurrent connections to x number of web servers combined with your home connection is going to result in occasional timeouts. That's why most of the people running bots have multiple instances running or at least trying via mutilple browsers, it becomes a numbers game at some point.

Google code academy and and try their javascript course.   Very straight forward it would take you about a week or so to finish the course.
Ok, will do.  Prolly after exam week! lol Thanks for the help.  I have a bot I purchased already, the guy doesn't offer me any support any more tho.  Is there a way I could go into it and get it working on numerous computers or make it better?  It only works on some easier to get releases.

Also, I noticed that some people have a speed test of 140 MBPS and mine is at 20 on a brand new computer with Road Runner Turbo direct connect, what can I do to increase my speed??

Yeah son! I'm not a raffle man. I try to cop online most of the time. I'm an 11. I don f*** with Greece Ridge. They wildin' out there. I've camped out a couple times at Marketplace Mall though. 

The luxury of paying 56k for tuition. 
laugh.gif

It varies. Sometimes I get low as 2ms. 
Right!! They just hook up all their boys.  My bot worked for the DB 10's but not for the WTK's.  But I'm hearing that a lot of people struck out even with good bots.  Any way I can increase my connection speed, my Road Runner Turbo is only like 20 MBPS.

Lol im tryin to figure out how i work at this super tech company and their speed is 5mbps

Ok, will do.  Prolly after exam week! lol Thanks for the help.  I have a bot I purchased already, the guy doesn't offer me any support any more tho.  Is there a way I could go into it and get it working on numerous computers or make it better?  It only works on some easier to get releases.

Also, I noticed that some people have a speed test of 140 MBPS and mine is at 20 on a brand new computer with Road Runner Turbo direct connect, what can I do to increase my speed??
It all depends if you have the script... 

Your Ping is what really matters

PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THERE ARE ONLY A FINITE AMOUNT OF SHOES. THERE ARE GONNA BE WINNERS AND LOSERS REGARDLESS.

IF THERE ARE 500 PEOPLE WITH TOP OF THE LINE BOT AND ONLY 200 SHOES, 300 PEOPLE ARE ABOUT TO BE SALTY. NO ONE KNOWS THE NUMBERS PRODUCED OF WTK'S EXCEPT NIKE BUT IT'S A VERY SAFE BET THAT THE RATIO OF PAIRS TO PEOPLE GOING AFTER THEM WAS ABSURD.

TELL NIKE TO MAKE MORE SHOES.

PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THERE ARE ONLY A FINITE AMOUNT OF SHOES. THERE ARE GONNA BE WINNERS AND LOSERS REGARDLESS.

IF THERE ARE 500 PEOPLE WITH TOP OF THE LINE BOT AND ONLY 200 SHOES, 300 PEOPLE ARE ABOUT TO BE SALTY. NO ONE KNOWS THE NUMBERS PRODUCED OF WTK'S EXCEPT NIKE BUT IT'S A VERY SAFE BET THAT THE RATIO OF PAIRS TO PEOPLE GOING AFTER THEM WAS ABSURD.

TELL NIKE TO MAKE MORE SHOES.
Correct i keep trying to express this in every thread of a shoe that sells fast .. while yes bots are used but at the same time bots or not theres more ppl wanting/after it than there is available. Just how it is.

The best way to maximize your chances like ES said "move next to Nike server" doesn't matter how crazy you bot is. If your hop and ping is slow you'll never see a shoe if its a wtk or champ pack quantity. 400mb with 15ping vs 50mb with 0 ping to nike. He's basically next door. It is what it is...

Connection issues are just a coincidence. I've gotten quite a few of them and never used a bot. That many concurrent connections to x number of web servers combined with your home connection is going to result in occasional timeouts. That's why most of the people running bots have multiple instances running or at least trying via mutilple browsers, it becomes a numbers game at some point.

So would you advise opening multiple windows within the same browser? I thought that was a big no-no. Wouldn't that kill your bandwidth?
I guess what I'm asking is what can I do to prevent it? Every time I get that message I pretty much give up. By the time I refresh to get my script to fire or select a size to add to cart, I figure too much time has passed since I'm able to wait in line for a few minutes.

Last edited:
The best way to maximize your chances like ES said "move next to Nike server" doesn't matter how crazy you bot is. If your hop and ping is slow you'll never see a shoe if its a wtk or champ pack quantity. 400mb with 15ping vs 50mb with 0 ping to nike. He's basically next door. It is what it is...
Do that through VPN or...???

Ok, so once I'm in command prompt what do I do to see what my ping is?  Sorry I'm extremely new to this

That's alright bro.
ping store.nike.com
You also might want to see your hops.
tracert store.nike.com

Last edited:
Im under the assumption most of you are operating on Windows correct? I use a MAC at home but my old PC has been pretty cleaned up and has some decent speed so i may just use it if its easier

If you have a friend that live near their server. Might as well give him a bot and beg him to wake up to get it for you. Save you the hassle. VPN is slower when I tried.

Yeah, I've also tried it before. I noticed my speed dropped right off.

had an eastbay script running, got them in my cart 3 separate times, but by the time i clicked checkout they were sold.

Right!! They just hook up all their boys.  My bot worked for the DB 10's but not for the WTK's.  But I'm hearing that a lot of people struck out even with good bots.  Any way I can increase my connection speed, my Road Runner Turbo is only like 20 MBPS.

Damn. I stuck out completely that weekend. You can't really change your download speed unless you talk to your ISP. Muon can make hardware changes such as increasing the RAM but that will hardly result in a difference. You want to see your ping. Ping measures the delay between the host and your IP. What you can do is clear your cache and run a cleaner to ensure you're running fresh and quick.

Yeah i got some free time this weekend will see how much i can grasp in a cpl days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom