The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

what major in college will teacher people how to create bots and programs 
computer science.

that said, i hope sneaker buying isn't the deciding factor in your major choosing and more so the fact that you think all of this is cool/fascinating/interesting and you see it as the budding career field it is.

take up computer science because you want to change the world or get a good job at google, not because you struck out on kobes.

or whatever.  what do i know.

Last edited:
Can anyone clear up for me what exactly happens when your order gets cancelled and "megged"? Previously I knew Meg was giving out calls. Is it now just emails saying you got your order cancelled? What other repercussions happen when your order gets cancelled? I remember hearing about instant bans, but I am not sure what the case is now. Is there a certain number of cancels before your account/ip gets banned?

im not really going to do that in college just have a couple of friends that major in computers so i was wondering if they could figure out of way to cop shoes

Can anyone clear up for me what exactly happens when your order gets cancelled and "megged"? Previously I knew Meg was giving out calls. Is it now just emails saying you got your order cancelled? What other repercussions happen when your order gets cancelled? I remember hearing about instant bans, but I am not sure what the case is now. Is there a certain number of cancels before your account/ip gets banned?
Nike/Meg never calls you if you don't call them.  People would call to try to get a rep to reinstate their order, thats what will trigger a phone call from Meg.

Its always just been emails, 1 from nike saying that you requested a cancellation and 1 from Megs department saying you got cancelled for unauthorized use of the website.

Ip ban is something I highly doubt nike actually does, its more likely a name and address/nike account ban.

Nike/Meg never calls you if you don't call them.  People would call to try to get a rep to reinstate their order, thats what will trigger a phone call from Meg.

Its always just been emails, 1 from nike saying that you requested a cancellation and 1 from Megs department saying you got cancelled for unauthorized use of the website.

Ip ban is something I highly doubt nike actually does, its more likely a name and address/nike account ban.
I see. So the initial email regarding the request for cancellation is presumably triggered by the unauthorized use of scripts/bots/etc? Does anyone know how many cancellations you can have before your account gets banned. I'm assuming your address and credit card is banned as well during this time?

i think for a release like the yeezys 

nike should send codes to random people or those that they think would be interested in the shoes due to their past purchases.

then you input the code like the 2k14 lebron shoe.

it should also happen at a random time and the sign up should have a time limit.

then the rest of those pairs go out to niketowns around the US.

just for a release like the yeezys though..

i dont live near any nike towns so RSVP is not even in my vocab.

for me its online or bust.
If you can think of a method of what Nike should do.. Someone will think of a way to bypass it.... There are hacks for 2k14 code 
smokin.gif
 FYI 

And there will be a hack for pretty much anything that Nike implements in future... 

People only suggest fairness when their not winning 
mean.gif

finally got a call back from meg...cancelled my (no bot) gs preludes. she said there was no bot usage on the preludes but cancelled because "the IT department determined that we used bots to purchase the GAMMA 11s... almost two weeks after. official  banned. oh well, already got some new info to use. will see how it goes this Sadderday 
mean.gif

finally got a call back from meg...cancelled my (no bot) gs preludes. she said there was no bot usage on the preludes but cancelled because "the IT department determined that we used bots to purchase the GAMMA 11s... almost two weeks after. official  banned. oh well, already got some new info to use. will see how it goes this Sadderday :smh:

Wow. So it sounds like they are reviewing past orders for bot usage. How is that possible? I would assume forensics.

Last edited:
finally got a call back from meg...cancelled my (no bot) gs preludes. she said there was no bot usage on the preludes but cancelled because "the IT department determined that we used bots to purchase the GAMMA 11s... almost two weeks after. official  banned. oh well, already got some new info to use. will see how it goes this Sadderday :smh:

wowzer... That's new. Nike you flying in all kind of direction now? I can see them saying "we cancel your sock order because you used a bot for your Jordan."

:wow: :rofl: man seriously **** them...I might go out with a bang and do 10 orders and see if they cancel them all :lol:

finally got a call back from meg...cancelled my (no bot) gs preludes. she said there was no bot usage on the preludes but cancelled because "the IT department determined that we used bots to purchase the GAMMA 11s... almost two weeks after. official  banned. oh well, already got some new info to use. will see how it goes this Sadderday 
mean.gif
That sucks 
tumblr_inline_mh6w3x4UQX1qz6f4b.gif

Th
ThiS makes no sense as a reason for this week cancel.

supposedly noticed it but were too backed up to execute cancellation then...decided to now

That sounds meticulous if the end result doesn't streamline the purchasing process. I wonder why punish without rectifying the real problem which is Nike's ability to change production and availability practices.

kinda mad, but i have been going all out on their site with bots and multiple orders (except preludes)....was only a matter of time till i got caught 
tired.gif

spoke to megatron.

for over an hour.

told her how i checked out manually and without a bot.

she told me that my order was canceled due to unauthorized usage.

i told her that although money is refundable, time and effort is not.

i asked her if is it possible that the IT dept got it wrong.

she said that if you are on the LIST then you are canceled.

i asked if i was banned.

she said no, i was not.

i asked her if i was welcome to continue to purchase on nike.com.

she said yes.

i asked her, how am i welcom to continue to purchase on nike.com when my legitimate orders are being canceled?

she told me that my order was canceled due to unauthorized usage and that she couldn't tell me anything more because that would obviously help the botters.

i then asked her how am i supposed to check out if i don't want my orders canceled.

she said that she is not authorized to say.

i asked her, if she is the highest authority in this matter and if she cannot give me an answer as to why my order was canceled or as to what i can do for future purchases, what is the point in purchasing from nike?

she said that i wasn't banned and that i was welcome to still buy on nike.com

i asked her, if i am being singled out and scrutinized for unauthorized usage when i am NOT doing anything illegitimate, why shouldn't i use a bot?

she kind of thought about that for a second and said that she would advise agaisnt that.

this went on for about an hour and i felt that my points were justified and well founded.

at the end of our conversation i could feel her frustration and how she was trying to make me hang up. kind of like how a girl doesn't want to be the btch and break up with the guy, but instead acts like a btch so the guy breaks up with her.

but i was fueled by the truth. i honestly did not use a bot or anything illegitimate to purchase the prelude GS.

eventually her side of the conversation grew more and more quiet as she really could not answer any of my questions.

lo and behold, megatron does have a master.

it felt like that scene from The Wizard of Oz where they pull back the curtain to see that old man behind the evil monster.

this guy starts actually talking to me in a REASONABLE fashion.

at least his answers weren't scripted or automated.

he brought up to me that i made 2 purchases, which was true.

but each order under different names, billing sources, billing addresses, shipping addresses; which is abiding by nike's policies.

he agreed that placing an order in that fashion was legitimate.

after further investigation we got it down to TWEETDECK.

i told him that i clicked on the link as soon as tweetdeck popped it up.

this guy actually knew what tweetdeck was.

he is saying that tweetdeck is considered as AUTOMATED ASSISTANCE.

i started laughing so damn hard.

said he'll review and get back to me.

fck my prelude 5 GS.

i know the truth and nike can't take that from me.

spoke to megatron.

for over an hour.

told her how i checked out manually and without a bot.

i told her that although money is refundable, time and effort is not.

i asked her if is it possible that the IT dept got it wrong.

she said that if you are on the LIST then you are canceled.

i asked if i was banned.

she said no, i was not.

i asked her if i was welcome to continue to purchase on nike.com.

she said yes.

i asked her, how am i welcom to continue to purchase on nike.com when my legitimate orders are being canceled?

she told me that my order was canceled due to unauthorized usage and that she couldn't tell me anything more because that would obviously help the botters.

i then asked her how am i supposed to check out if i don't want my orders canceled.

she said that she is not authorized to say.

i asked her, if she is the highest authority in this matter and if she cannot give me an answer as to why my order was canceled or as to what i can do for future purchases, what is the point in purchasing from nike?

she said that i wasn't banned and that i was welcome to still buy on nike.com

i asked her, if i am being singled out and scrutinized for unauthorized usage when i am NOT doing anything illegitimate, why shouldn't i use a bot?

she kind of thought about that for a second and said that she would advise agaisnt that.

this went on for about an hour and i felt that my points were justified and well founded.

at the end of our conversation i could feel her frustration and how she was trying to make me hang up. kind of like how a girl doesn't want to be the btch and break up with the guy, but instead acts like a btch so the guy breaks up with her.

but i was fueled by the truth. i honestly did not use a bot or anything illegitimate to purchase the prelude GS.

eventually her side of the conversation grew more and more quiet as she really could not answer any of my questions.

lo and behold, megatron does have a master.

it felt like that scene from The Wizard of Oz where they pull back the curtain to see that old man behind the evil monster.

this guy starts actually talking to me in a REASONABLE fashion.

at least his answers weren't scripted or automated.

he brought up to me that i made 2 purchases, which was true.

but each order under different names, billing sources, billing addresses, shipping addresses; which is abiding by nike's policies.

he agreed that placing an order in that fashion was legitimate.

after further investigation we got it down to TWEETDECK.

i told him that i clicked on the link as soon as tweetdeck popped it up.

this guy actually knew what tweetdeck was.

he is saying that tweetdeck is considered as AUTOMATED ASSISTANCE.

i started laughing so damn hard.

said he'll review and get back to me.

fck my prelude 5 GS.

i know the truth and nike can't take that from me.

That's false...I don't know about now, but in the past Meg certainly calls and emails you without you ever calling her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom