The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put it out with the precursor of having to solve a children's riddle to keep out lurker, and people complained, including you.

No more riddles, no more games. I don't really care about this anymore. I've wasted enough of my time with nothing to show for it.
I never complained, just felt you should have dropped it the way you just did if thats what you wanted to do.
Sounds like we
might have hit an approach that's close to home for MrDeeds

Last edited:
If people feel the need to have an advantage to purchase shoes - give it to them.

They risk getting their order canceled and/or getting blacklisted.

1 less person for a rule-abiding consumer to deal with.

Everything levels out.

Approaches that are known - will never endure the test of time and technology: EC2 / scripts / bots / add to cart / cart transfers / link snipers - its all just a matter of time before someone tries to sell it and make a profit.

If people feel the need to have an advantage to purchase shoes - give it to them.

They risk getting their order canceled and/or getting blacklisted.

1 less person for a rule-abiding consumer to deal with.

Everything levels out.

Approaches that are known - will never endure the test of time and technology: EC2 / scripts / bots / add to cart / cart transfers / link snipers - its all just a matter of time before someone tries to sell it and make a profit.
So the threads purpose is out ways people purchase shoes with an advantage so that you can take profit away from people that want to charge for scripts and extensions and all at the same time expose the advantages to the world/nike to lessen the advantage by putting it in more peoples hands.

Thanks for actually answering the question and just to clarify I don't have an issue with your agenda/intention.

Last edited:
When Meg spends her time trying to cancel 90% of the orders for a GR due to un-fair use of Nike's website - Nike will have to change something.

Either their website and how they handle bot usage (hopefully in a pro-active manner) or throw their hands up and say f u c k it - let the bots win.

One of the two will happen.

When Meg spends her time trying to cancel 90% of the orders for a GR due to un-fair use of Nike's website - Nike will have to change something.

Either their website and how they handle bot usage (hopefully in a pro-active manner) or throw their hands up and say f u c k it - let the bots win.

One of the two will happen.
You like to set metaphorical fires and watch them burn.

Sig.

Go crazy.
Thumbs up. 
nthat.gif

[QUOTE name="evilside" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/565593/the-official-bot-rsvp-thread/60#post_18528494[/URL]"]

Originally Posted by evilside 

Things to get your Nike Order canceled.

Let's go over the things that will get your order canceled:

1. Using the javascript bot. (rusty111rusty - FEAR pack)
  2. Using any EC2 instance for ADD-TO-CART **and** CHECK OUT (rusty111rusty - FEAR pack)
  3. Orders to the same name, even if a different address and billing type is used. (4wrestling)
  4. ... anyone got any others?

Well - we at least got names we can attach to confirm their orders were canceled. 

Original post link: http://niketalk.com/t/565593/the-official-bot-rsvp-thread/60#post_18528494  (for the new members).

Big J is it possible to add this note to the thread first post as reference?
[/quote]

its possible but im not gonna do it. im all for seeing someone's order get canceled :evil:

Last edited:
it's one of the reasons why I support evilside even though I lose to bots all the time. I see the bigger picture. Eventually nike will either have to let the bots win, or completely overhaul the system, which is what really needs to happen. Their using 5 year old technology (some of it older) to run their store site, when the world has changed.

it's one of the reasons why I support evilside even though I lose to bots all the time. I see the bigger picture. Eventually nike will either have to let the bots win, or completely overhaul the system, which is what really needs to happen. Their using 5 year old technology (some of it older) to run their store site, when the world has changed.

exactly. its a no win situation for many right now but it has to come to the foreground in order for anything to happen if it were to happen.

that's why this thread is open. it gives users a chance to get shoes without having to pay someone to get them for them so like evilside said, it someone evens the playing field some.

Last edited:
exactly. its a no win situation for many right now but it has to come to the foreground in order for anything to happen if it were to happen.

that's why this thread is open. it gives users a chance to get shoes without having to pay someone to get them for them so like evilside said, it someone evens the playing field some.
I agree with the movement in principal also, I just hope the end result is more favorable than whats currently going on.

Curious to see what nike comes up with to replace rsvp because we all know fcfs is a ticking time bomb especially with the holidays in a couple months.

I agree with the movement in principal also, I just hope the end result is more favorable than whats currently going on.
Curious to see what nike comes up with to replace rsvp because we all know fcfs is a ticking time bomb especially with the holidays in a couple months.

I do believe they will replace RSVP but I don't think Nike is going to go with FCFS until that time. I wouldn't be surprised if the the black tongue 5s are RSVP.

This is for the NDC jQuery addToCart:

Fixing the Full/Half size selection problem

========================================================
  1. Using a:contains('" + size + "') is really buggy, and usually falls apart when trying to select a full size because the :contains selector also returns the half size associated with it. (ex: :contains("10") will return the elements for a size 10, and a size 10.5)
  2. We need a solution that will exactly select the size we want, and we need it to be in the selector string, because most waitForKeyElement type plugins want selector strings as an argument, and not objects.
:containsExact()

• All credit for this jQuery selector plugin goes to http://wowmotty.blogspot.com/2010/05/jquery-selectors-adding-contains-exact.html
  • You need to add this following code in after you've loaded in jQuery but before  you run the addtocart.
  • For the size selection selector string (tongue twister?) using :contains() in your script, replace with :containsExact()
  • Example:
  •     'ul.selectBox-options li a:contains("10")'
  • Becomes:
  •     'ul.selectBox-options li a:containsExact("10")'
  • That's it, don't modify anything else, and you're good to go.
The code to add:
Code:
$.extend( $.expr[
Code:
":"
Code:
], {

Code:

Code:
containsExact: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML.toLowerCase()) === text.toLowerCase();

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:
// support: jQuery <1.8

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML.toLowerCase()) === match[3].toLowerCase();

Code:

Code:
},

Code:

Code:
containsExactCase: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML) === text;

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML) === match[3];

Code:

Code:
},

Code:

Code:
containsRegex: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
var
Code:
reg = /^\/((?:\\\/|[^\/]) )\/([mig]{0,3})$/.exec(text);

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
RegExp(reg[1], reg[2]).test($.trim(elem.innerHTML));

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
var
Code:
reg = /^\/((?:\\\/|[^\/]) )\/([mig]{0,3})$/.exec(match[3]);

Code:

Code:
return
Code:

Code:

Code:
}

Code:
});

Last edited:
I do believe they will replace RSVP but I don't think Nike is going to go with FCFS until that time. I wouldn't be surprised if the the black tongue 5s are RSVP.

Nike is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The Destroyers will be waiting if Nike wants to RSVP with their flawed image hash tag process.

RSVP companies are now offering free reservations - LOL!

Fixing the Full/Half size selection problem

1. Using a:contains('" + size + "') is really buggy, and usually falls apart when trying to select a full size because the :contains selector also returns the half size associated with it. (ex: :contains("10") will return the elements for a size 10, and a size 10.5)
  2. We need a solution that will exactly select the size we want, and we need it to be in the selector string, because most waitForKeyElement type plugins want selector strings as an argument, and not objects.

:containsExact()

• All credit for this jQuery selector plugin goes to http://wowmotty.blogspot.com/2010/05/jquery-selectors-adding-contains-exact.html
  • You need to add this following code in after you've loaded in jQuery but before you run the addtocart.
  • For the size selection selector string (tongue twister
    ?) using :contains() in your script, replace with :containsExact()
  • Example:
  •     'ul.selectBox-options li a:contains("10")'
  • Becomes:
  •     'ul.selectBox-options li a:containsExact("10")'
  • That's it, don't modify anything else, and you're good to go.

The code to add:
Code:
$.extend( $.expr[
Code:
":"
Code:
], {

Code:

Code:
containsExact: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML.toLowerCase()) === text.toLowerCase();

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML.toLowerCase()) === match[3].toLowerCase();

Code:

Code:
},

Code:

Code:
containsExactCase: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML) === text;

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
$.trim(elem.innerHTML) === match[3];

Code:

Code:
},

Code:

Code:
containsRegex: $.expr.createPseudo ?

Code:

Code:
$.expr.createPseudo(
Code:
function
Code:
(text) {

Code:

Code:
var
Code:
reg = /^\/((?:\\\/|[^\/]) )\/([mig]{0,3})$/.exec(text);

Code:

Code:
return
Code:
function
Code:
(elem) {

Code:

Code:
return
Code:

Code:

Code:
};

Code:

Code:
}) :

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
function
Code:
(elem, i, match) {

Code:

Code:
var
Code:
reg = /^\/((?:\\\/|[^\/]) )\/([mig]{0,3})$/.exec(match[3]);

Code:

Code:
return
Code:

Code:

Code:
}

Code:
});

^^^ so when you have it as 11 before this fix, does it try to add 11 n 11.5? Just wondering cuz I've never noticed

my closet nike is nikedc so its a lost cause regardless of how you slice it... rsvp, first come first serve, lottery, etc.

People tend to get mad about a NT thread being out there but they just have to understand the bigger picture.

Bots were around for a while. I remember getting PMd from someone asking me to delete the thread where someone was asking about the nike bot that would show up in google searches.
The users were pissed that I wouldn't delete it because I felt as tho it wasn't fair to everyone that a select crew was winning on every release then bragging about it.

Things went more crazy once people started reporting profits.... like I think when Memphis said something like he got 3K on his service for the Area72 weekend. Sites started popping up left and right.

Nike took notice.... Eastbay and Co didn't care. Finishline didn't need to care because the SPA was so effective.

Now we wait and see if a more reasonable system is implemented. In the mean time, you guys have to do what you have to do to get your shoes I guess.

Having trouble quoting posts.

What I posted was for the NDC jQuery addToCart.

When I made my jquery script I was having an issue where if I wanted my size 11 to select, it would fail altogether, or select an 11.5. I posted what fixed it for me.

An add to cart script to FNL would only be marginally helpful in you increasing your chances at actually obtaining the shoe. The reason being is that even say if you were able to add to cart at exactly when the shoe goes live, you'd be hit by the SPA before you checked out. An add to cart and auto checkout might be a different story however but this again is only looking at a really small time window before the SPA hits. Once you get passed the SPA, you have quite a bit of time to add to cart and checkout. Earlier this year I noticed that the SPA would kick back in a lot faster but as of this summer, the SPA gives you plenty of time to add to cart and checkout before it kicks back in again.

IMHO, FNL is one of the fairest sites out there in getting releases since they RANDOMLY choose who gets into the site via the SPA. It doesn't matter if you get to the product page at 8:00AM on the dot or 10minutes later. Their site randomly chooses who's next in line to access the site. It results in fun reading on their Facebook page of people complaining about not being able to get in all morning vs. dudes saying "easy cop". LOL And then there are dudes who are pissed because the final checkout button rejects their order since their billing address is different from their shipping address even though FNL places a temp charge on their card.  
roll.gif
this!

there have been times where I had my billing statement in my face. typing it in exactly as it says. and still no go. but 3 x temp holds. 

aint buying no FL gift cards. 
Same here.  Finishline uses a 3rd party billing verification company that is awful.  Multiple times they have placed a 30 day lock on my account because of their billing failures.  Finishline is ALWAYS a last resort option for me.

Same here.  Finishline uses a 3rd party billing verification company that is awful.  Multiple times they have placed a 30 day lock on my account because of their billing failures.  Finishline is ALWAYS a last resort option for me.
JJ is the worst for me. Site always crashes, no cart protection, no timers. JJ is like the wild west.

JJ is the worst for me. Site always crashes, no cart protection, no timers. JJ is like the wild west.

:lol:.... JJ is old school man

JJ with a set launch time is horrible... But with the fear pack where it's unexpected it then it was smooth. I bought 3 shoes by check out, came back add another, then check out again. I did that 3 times in a roll and the site didn't even crash. After everyone caught on the shoe was already sold out. That was the most easiest cop I ever had on JJ. For all other releases with a 12am set time I fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom