The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Old Blood! I completely forgot about that. 
mean.gif

Really tempted to jump on drive club for $25 right now but I just have to many games on the list right now.
tired.gif

Trying to finisher witcher at the moment, then the old blood and bloodbourne.

We went straight from a drought to a flood fam.
Batmans

Until Dawn

Battlefront

Rock Band 4

Rocket League

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Mad Max

MGS

Amplitude

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Fallout 4

Need for Speed

Black Ops 3

Just Cause 3

175x400px-LM-74bdea8e_avyrejoice.png

im still waiting for them to let us cash out unused coins. got like 65 coins sitting in my account since last year.
The only way to cash out in a way would be to purchase a $50 psn card. Some people sell those at a premium. 65-80 coins.

What games are on your wishlist?

Last edited:
Gamecube exclusive Resident Evil 0 is getting the HD treatment. I think its dope. I had a gamecube and I had to say I was surprised the Resident Evil remakes were exclusive to that system. A lot of people ended up missing out because Gamecube only was a poor way to market mature games. I think this game was just as good as RE 1 and 2 and I hope people dont sleep on it

Japan Early 2016. No word on a US release date but RE1 HD was Capcom's highest selling day 1 digital download so an American release is a safe bet. The guys in the second video say early 2016 as well.

Last edited:
[h1]Eight Things You Should Know About World Of Final Fantasy[/h1]

Jason Schreier
Filed to: WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY 6/18/15 9:30pm

1303304486068676266.jpg

Moments before stealing the show at Sony’s press conference by announcing the Final Fantasy VII remake that may make it in time for the PS5, Square Enix whipped out  World of Final Fantasy, a chibi-sprite game that promised to be “adorably familiar” and looked like something made for kids.

On Monday night, most of us weren’t sure what to make of this Final Fantasy  spinoff, which was announced for PS4 and Vita with a release window of “2016.” We had many questions. Is it free-to-play? Is it for children? Does it take after mobile games like Final Fantasy Record Keeper? Is it going to be worth our time? Just what is this game?

During an interview at E3 in Los Angeles earlier this week, director Hiroki Chiba (who most recently worked on the very adult Final Fantasy Type-0) shared some details about this chibi game, which, as it turns out, isn’t just another Monster Hunter  clone or children’s title. Chiba says it’s a genuine turn-based RPG, which may seem surprising to anyone who saw the trailer. But hey, this one might be worth a look for JRPG fans.

Let’s break down some facts:

1) It’s got ATB-style combat. ATB, of course, stands for Active Time Battle, a staple of olderFinal Fantasy  games (from IV to IX) that crosses menu-based combat with real-time turn gauges. “I’ve also changed it a little bit to add more of a [modern feeling] like current-generation games,” Chiba said, speaking through a translator. Your two main characters can also swap between big and small forms, which will affect their abilities both in combat and in the world.

2) The core gameplay will involve battling, collecting, and befriending monsters.Sort of like Pokémon with Final Fantasy  creatures, which is a pretty compelling hook. Chiba wouldn’t go into detail on how this capturing system will work, but he did point out that you’ll be able to make your two main characters stack with monsters like behemoths and iron giants during combat.

3) This ain’t no free-to-play mobile game—we already know World of Final Fantasy  is coming to PS4 and Vita, but Chiba says it’ll be a full-scale $60 game that takes advantage of both systems’ technical specs to get lots of monsters appearing on screen at once.

4) There’s an actual story. It involves two twins entering a world called Grimoire where all the  Final Fantasy characters and monsters live. And Chiba says the plot won’t just be some rudimentary wrapper they slapped on to get you playing. “I personally worked on [Final Fantasys] VI, VII, and VIII so I’m trying to aim for that volume of a story that was in those titles,” Chiba said.

5) It’ll have all sorts of characters and settings from other FF games. The trailer, for example, shows Cloud (FFVII) and Cornelia Castle from the original Final Fantasy. Chiba says you’ll be able to interact with a ton of characters, and that many of them will have their own sidequests and plots to follow as you go through the game.

6) The chibi sprites are meant to appeal to non-Final Fantasy  fans.  In some ways, Chiba said, the goal of this game is to introduce a new generation of people to Final Fantasy, because today’s teens aren’t growing up with characters like Locke and Cecil anymore.

7) That said, Chiba still wants this to appeal to old-school  Final Fantasy  players.It’s easy to imagine the graphical style turning a lot of people off, though. “If these fans are looking for a realistic type of game, then this might not appeal to them,” Chiba said. “But World of Final Fantasy  does have a lot of elements from the previous titles, and a lot of stuff that’s in there that Final Fantasy fans tend to like, so I feel like it’ll appeal to the new and the old fans.”

8) Chiba tends to work on dark, gritty, mature games. This is not that. In fact, he was given explicit orders from up above to do something lighter with World of Final Fantasy. “I actually had a direct order from [FF brand manager Shinji] Hashimoto in regards to how to approach this title,” Chiba said. “While my games are dark, I’m trying to make this more into a lighthearted, fun type of game. But at the same time, Final Fantasy  games are known for their very heavy stories, so I’m trying to keep that in there to keep that Final Fantasy  feel in the game.”

Last edited:
**** I'm in. I don't have too much time for deep rpgs so this might be good

Last edited:
World of Final Fantasy sounds like the perfect game for my son, I will pass on my FF legacy to him one day :lol:

I'm not sure about that $60 tag tho. I'd probably buy it but I dont see a lot of other people paying that much for it. Maybe it'll be cross buy.

Bad Religion Bad Religion have you read this?

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/s...i-ace-has-learned-from-star-ocean-4s-foibles/

I was surprised to see how much people really hated SO4. I thought it was GREAT. I might play SO3 to get a feel for SO5 will be be.

No, thanks I will definitely give it a read.

I knew SO4 wasn't received as well but I never thought the community hated it. I had a great time with it, but I did play the International version so maybe the additions effected the game more than I knew.

[h1]Eight Things You Should Know About World Of Final Fantasy[/h1]

Jason Schreier

Filed to: WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY
6/18/15 9:30pm

1303304486068676266.jpg

Moments before stealing the show at Sony’s press conference by announcing the Final Fantasy VII remake that may make it in time for the PS5, Square Enix whipped out World of Final Fantasy, a chibi-sprite game that promised to be “adorably familiar” and looked like something made for kids.
On Monday night, most of us weren’t sure what to make of this Final Fantasy spinoff, which was announced for PS4 and Vita with a release window of “2016.” We had many questions. Is it free-to-play? Is it for children? Does it take after mobile games like Final Fantasy Record Keeper? Is it going to be worth our time? Just what is this game?
During an interview at E3 in Los Angeles earlier this week, director Hiroki Chiba (who most recently worked on the very adult Final Fantasy Type-0) shared some details about this chibi game, which, as it turns out, isn’t just another Monster Hunter clone or children’s title. Chiba says it’s a genuine turn-based RPG, which may seem surprising to anyone who saw the trailer. But hey, this one might be worth a look for JRPG fans.
Let’s break down some facts:
1) It’s got ATB-style combat. ATB, of course, stands for Active Time Battle, a staple of olderFinal Fantasy games (from IV to IX) that crosses menu-based combat with real-time turn gauges. “I’ve also changed it a little bit to add more of a [modern feeling] like current-generation games,” Chiba said, speaking through a translator. Your two main characters can also swap between big and small forms, which will affect their abilities both in combat and in the world.
2) The core gameplay will involve battling, collecting, and befriending monsters.Sort of like Pokémon with Final Fantasy creatures, which is a pretty compelling hook. Chiba wouldn’t go into detail on how this capturing system will work, but he did point out that you’ll be able to make your two main characters stack with monsters like behemoths and iron giants during combat.
3) This ain’t no free-to-play mobile game—we already know World of Final Fantasy is coming to PS4 and Vita, but Chiba says it’ll be a full-scale $60 game that takes advantage of both systems’ technical specs to get lots of monsters appearing on screen at once.
4) There’s an actual story. It involves two twins entering a world called Grimoire where all the Final Fantasy characters and monsters live. And Chiba says the plot won’t just be some rudimentary wrapper they slapped on to get you playing. “I personally worked on [Final Fantasys] VI, VII, and VIII so I’m trying to aim for that volume of a story that was in those titles,” Chiba said.
5) It’ll have all sorts of characters and settings from other FF games. The trailer, for example, shows Cloud (FFVII) and Cornelia Castle from the original Final Fantasy. Chiba says you’ll be able to interact with a ton of characters, and that many of them will have their own sidequests and plots to follow as you go through the game.
6) The chibi sprites are meant to appeal to non-Final Fantasy fans. In some ways, Chiba said, the goal of this game is to introduce a new generation of people to Final Fantasy, because today’s teens aren’t growing up with characters like Locke and Cecil anymore.
7) That said, Chiba still wants this to appeal to old-school Final Fantasy players.It’s easy to imagine the graphical style turning a lot of people off, though. “If these fans are looking for a realistic type of game, then this might not appeal to them,” Chiba said. “But World of Final Fantasy does have a lot of elements from the previous titles, and a lot of stuff that’s in there that Final Fantasy fans tend to like, so I feel like it’ll appeal to the new and the old fans.”
8) Chiba tends to work on dark, gritty, mature games. This is not that. In fact, he was given explicit orders from up above to do something lighter with World of Final Fantasy. “I actually had a direct order from [FF brand manager Shinji] Hashimoto in regards to how to approach this title,” Chiba said. “While my games are dark, I’m trying to make this more into a lighthearted, fun type of game. But at the same time, Final Fantasy games are known for their very heavy stories, so I’m trying to keep that in there to keep that Final Fantasy feel in the game.”

After watching the trailer for this game, I said "hell no!" but after contemplating, I might just get this to say "I beat it." :/

Just pre ordered batman. I think my body is ready. Keywords, I think.

Last edited:
They need to release a PS4 version of the KH collectors pack. Need to refresh my memories on the KH games and that pack is only missing KH 3D

We need impressions.
So anyway... spent few days of messing around with it, trying different FFB settings and whatnot.  Needless to say, it's miles better than the DFGT... from the build-quality, to the feel  of the FFB and strength of the motor.  

Another thing I noticed with regards to the strength of the motor was, for example, when the car snapped into oversteer, this wheel will automatically spin the wheel in the opposite direction, as a real car with.  The DFGT didn't do that as quickly and instantly. 

Jumped back on Destiny, I'm so far behind. I'm only level 24. I just want to do a raid before I head off to drill sgt school in a couple of weeks :lol:

I just got back into Destiny. I'm a level 24 Titan. I got my first two legendary drops this morning, a chest piece and a sniper. How do I get etheric light? I assume that's what I need in order to level up those two pieces.

CH0UqxRUsAUxZn-.jpg

Nyko data bank which gives your ps4 3-6tb of hdd space, disables standby mode.

Last edited:
They are. Hybrid keeps saying its coming right before KH3 drops. So when you hear it announce KH3 isn't far off

So are they gonna remaster it or....? Right before it drops I hope you mean like a half a year before, cuz I need the time. I dont have the time to beat these things in under a week anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom