The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sooooo...

Colin Moriarty had Alexa Ray Corriea on Live today and the topic of FF XV came up.

Both of them (who are two of the top five people I would listen to about RPG's in the industry) are saying they are hearing bad things about how XV is looking. Neither sound very high on the game right now. 

frown.gif

Doesn't really change my opinion, but it's a little disheartening to hear.

Sooooo...

Colin Moriarty had Alexa Ray Corriea on Live today and the topic of FF XV came up.

Both of them (who are two of the top five people I would listen to about RPG's in the industry) are saying they are hearing bad things about how XV is looking. Neither sound very high on the game right now. 

:frown:

As in graphics or gameplay?

Also is this from the E3 previews that all the other site covered?

Gameplay from what I gathered. They brought up the demo, but they made it sound like it was from various impressions.

They didn't openly say it would be bad, but neither held up much hope for it.

Running until Monday, June 27, at around 12pm PT/3pm ET, here’s all the deals in this month’s PSN Flash Sale:

PlayStation 4 Games
  • Apotheon – $2.99
  • Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2 – $3.19
  • Arcade Archives Super Dodge Ball – $3.19
  • Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary – $7.99
  • Batman: Arkham Knight – $11.99
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend – $14.99
  • Child of Light Ultimate Edition – $8.99
  • Extreme Exorcism (cross-buy) – $5.19
  • Game of Thrones Season Pass – $5.99
  • Gauntlet: Slayer Edition – $7.99
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign – $14.99
  • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition – $3.99
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $15.99
  • Lichdom Battlemage – $19.99
  • Mad Max – $15.99
  • McDroid – $1.99
  • QUBE: Director’s Cut – $2.49
  • Race the Sun (cross-buy) – $3.99
  • Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread – $7.99
  • Tales From the Borderlands Season Pass – $4.49
  • The Escapists – $7.99
  • The Escapists DLC Bundle – $3.99
  • The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead Collection – $11.99
  • The Swindle (cross-buy) – $5.99
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne A Telltale Miniseries – $5.99
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 – $7.49
  • Titan Attacks! (cross-buy) – $2.49
  • TowerFall Ascension (cross-buy) – $7.49
  • Unmechanical Extended (cross-buy) – $2.49
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – $23.99
  • Worms Battlegrounds – $6.24
PlayStation 3 Games
  • Assassin’s Creed III – $7.99
  • Assassin’s Creed III Ultimate Edition – $14.99
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum – $4.99
  • Batman: Arkham City – $5.99
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend – $11.99
  • Extreme Exorcism (cross-buy) – $5.19
  • Game of Thrones Season Pass – $7.49
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign – $11.99
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $11.99
  • Steins;Gate – $9.99
  • Tales From the Borderlands Season Pass – $4.49
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne A Telltale Miniseries – $5.99
  • The Walking Dead Season Two Season Pass – $4.49
  • Unmechanical: Extended (cross-buy) – $2.49
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – $19.99
PlayStation Vita Games
  • Atomic Ninjas – $2.49
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend – $11.99
  • Civilization Revolution 2 Plus – $7.99
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $7.99
  • Muramasa Rebirth – $7.49
  • Myst (PSP) – $2.39
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta – $7.19
  • Steins;Gate – $11.99
  • TAC Heroes: The Big One (PSP) – $3.59
  • The Walking Dead Season Two Season Pass – $5.99
  • The Wolf Among Us – $7.49
  • TowerFall Ascension (cross-buy) – $7.49
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – $15.99
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories – $11.99
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus – $7.99
  • Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – $7.49

Gameplay from what I gathered. They brought up the demo, but they made it sound like it was from various impressions.

OK, I'm not too worried then.

I know he was never a fan of it not being turn based and we all know what Colin's like when he has a strong opinion.

I'm on black out so this is hard :lol:
But impressions from the active time reports and the demo (apart from the one on the xbox presser) all had generally good impressions.

The only thing I've seen people complain about recently is the game's performance and image quality but I expect the full game to play better since the demo is just a slice.

Last edited:

OK, I'm not too worried then.

I know he was never a fan of it not being turn based and we all know what Colin's like when he has a strong opinion.

I'm on black out so this is hard
laugh.gif

But impressions from the active time reports and the demo (apart from the one on the xbox presser) all had generally good impressions.

The only thing I've seen people complain about recently is the game's performance and image quality but I expect the full game to play better since the demo is just a slice.
Yea, that's true. I'm all in either way, and I know I will find things to love about it. I am just hoping a return to form wasn't out of the question. With the renaissance we are entering with JRPG's, I want the biggest series of them all to be back on top.

I hope it will be too and from the little we've seen, it still looks a lot better than XIII so thats a step at least.

What I've noticed though is a lot of the non FF fans being interested in this game. I'm guessing it's because it's not turn based amongst other things.

Angry Joe of all people put it as his game of E3

Hopefully that's a good thing :lol:

Sooooo...

frown.gif

As much as I love Colin, he has been anti-FF since FF IX. Some people just can't come to accept the fact that FF is no longer turn based. Hell I want a traditional turn based FF game just as much as the next guy but it's 2016 and we haven't got a mainline turn based FF game since 2003 with FF X-2. Well XIII was turn based but you just spammed X for the most part
laugh.gif
 The thing that intrigues me the most about XV is the possibility of post game content. I can only imagine the possibility of side quests and post game dungeons they can put in their with that size and open world map. I've already got over the combat system. Maybe we can get something a little more traditional with XVI.

That flash sale is pretty decent. I've been waiting to pick up Mad Max for a decent price for a while now. I'll probably cop GoT season pass as well.

Yea, he may be just trying to justify the position he has had on the game since it was Versus.

They brought up an older PS4 game called Pier Solar on the show that is supposed to be a great traditional, turn based RPG I am going to watch for on sale. Sounds right up my alley.

As much as I love Colin, he has been anti-FF since FF IX. Some people just can't come to accept the fact that FF is no longer turn based. Hell I want a traditional turn based FF game just as much as the next guy but it's 2016 and we haven't got a mainline turn based FF game since 2003 with FF X-2. Well XIII was turn based but you just spammed X for the most part :lol:  The thing that intrigues me the most about XV is the possibility of post game content. I can only imagine the possibility of side quests and post game dungeons they can put in their with that size and open world map. I've already got over the combat system. Maybe we can get something a little more traditional with XVI.

[rule]That flash sale is pretty decent. I've been waiting to pick up Mad Max for a decent price for a while now. I'll probably cop GoT season pass as well.

Damn auto-battle.
I know why it was in there but it just ruined the perception of the battle system.

I had to be quick with the paradigm shifts when fighting those adamantoises on grand pulse. It was so good but all people remember is the auto battle.

For me with all FF games, you get to that point where your characters stats and abilities are no longer weak and the battle system takes off. I can only imagine that with FFXV with the warping, spell fusions and overall mobility.

Yea, he may be just trying to justify the position he has had on the game since it was Versus.

They brought up an older PS4 game called Pier Solar on the show that is supposed to be a great traditional, turn based RPG I am going to watch for on sale. Sounds right up my alley.
Pier Solar has been out for a while. I first seen it on Xbox One then on PS4. I'm not really sure why I haven't tried it out. Heard good things about it.

For anybody thinking about upgrading to a 2TB HDD, between full retail games and PS+ freebies, I have at least 98 games installed with 192.4 GBs leftover. It's definitely worth the investment.

I was JUST thinking about that after buying Arkham Knight in this Flash Sale. 
laugh.gif
 Had to delete Black Ops 3.

I think I am going to wait and see if there are better HDD options on the Neo before I upgrade my current PS4. 

I tried out Playstation VR at my local Best Buy. I played eve valkyrie. Pretty cool.
Forgot about the demos.

Any details on the graphics, motion sickness, immersion etc etc
The headset is very comfortable and adjustable. The processing box that it has to connect to looks like a very small PS4.

The Eve Valkyrie demo lasted about 8 minutes. The graphics were good. When it first started, I got dizzy for about 10 seconds. When you're flying and look around the cockpit, it really feels like you are in there. I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I had with it.

When developers start to configure a COD/Battlefield/Tom Clancy type of game for PSVR, I can imagine how much fun it would be. I can see myself grabbing a PSVR this time next year especially if there a tons of games available.

You can check for the closest best buys or Gamestops in your area that will have the VR demos:

Best Buy: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/PSVR-Demo/

Back
Top Bottom