The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

•  
How is Arkham Knight?
4/5

If you've already played an arkham game, it's what you'd expect.

Improved combat system, great sound design/ost, setting.

Car combat that's gets really annoying towards the end.

tons of side missions that you'll neglect 

and a variety of dlc.

This is how the game starts

giphy.gif

epic

Last edited:
Are there PSVR demos in the UK?
None, and I don't think Sony has plans yet for store demos.
It is selling well on Amazon though.

Congratulations on the promotion :nthat:  
Shame on you for neglecting the gym :smh:

I think FF XV will get reviews that range from 6 to 8.5. Some people are just going to knock points just because it took so long to release and they'll say it doesn't live up to the hype. The Last Guardian will suffer the same fate.

I know someone out there would give it a 6 so I've prepared for that but I'm expecting 9's too. Lots of them :lol:

Last edited:

Are there PSVR demos in the UK?
None, and I don't think Sony has plans yet for store demos.
It is selling well on Amazon though.
Congratulations on the promotion
nthat.gif

Shame on you for neglecting the gym
mean.gif

I think FF XV will get reviews that range from 6 to 8.5. Some people are just going to knock points just because it took so long to release and they'll say it doesn't live up to the hype. The Last Guardian will suffer the same fate.
I know someone out there would give it a 6 so I've prepared for that but I'm expecting 9's too. Lots of them
laugh.gif
*cough* Polygon *cough*

Who cares is FF XV is whack when you have persona 5 coming!

Seriously though it seems like plenty of JRPG's are coming out soon so if there was a year that a so so FF had to happen, this is it.

Who cares if FF XV is whack when you have persona 5 coming!

Seriously though it seems like plenty of JRPG's are coming out soon so if there was a year that a so so FF had to happen, this is it.
Are you new to gaming? People like myself who grew up on Final Fantasy care a great deal. I'd take FF over Persona any day of the week. FF coming up on 30 years in the game, better put some RESPEK on that name!!

Worst thing I ever did for my pockets. Started buying games just because I had the space :lol:

:lol: Tell me about it. Only bought games that im interested in\know i have time for; yet still managed to run outta space. The games at the PS experience isnt helping in that department either :lol:.

Last edited:
One of the guys in the Xbox thread brought it to my attention that Fallout 4 is having issues with mods on PS4. I just read a similar article on GameSpot. I don't understand how Bethesda always messes up on PlayStation
mean.gif

Who cares is FF XV is whack when you have persona 5 coming!

Only thing similar about both franchises is the genre.

They are different in every other way.
Persona 5 definitely caught my attention but FFXV is my most anticipated.

Are you new to gaming? People like myself who grew up on Final Fantasy care a great deal. I'd take FF over Persona any day of the week. FF coming up on 30 years in the game, better put some RESPEK on that name!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This had me dying

Seriously Persona 5 has my attention but it doesn't even crack my top 5 for most anticipated JRPGs. Final Fantasy XV, World of Final Fantasy, Star Ocean V, Dragon Quest XI, I Am Setsuna, Dragon Quest VII & VIII (3DS) are all ahead of Persona 5 for me personally. The extremely slow start to P4G left a bad taste in my mouth.

Not specifically in this thread, as I feel we have a pretty intelligent and dedicated group of RPG fans...  but I feel people have started latching onto Persona simply because it's the "in" thing right now.

For a series whose last console numbered title struggled to sell over 400,000 copies on a console with a 100 million person user base, and whose remake of said game was exclusive to a handheld no one seems to admit to owning, it sure has alot of people clamoring for it.

No denying P4's greatness, but alot of the story/school sim aspects seemed awfully niche to have this kind of outpouring.

Last edited:
Colin kind of talks about it occasionally but I think P4G being on Vita at a time when there wasn't really anything else, stirred a lot of interest. Greg Miller has a huge following and he hypes that game up to no end. I'm sure his followers are checking for it too. I mean he was able to get Taco Master into the top 10 Vita downloads on the PSN store
laugh.gif

A game with the whole high school sim that really has my attention is Trails of Cold Steel. I was watching a walkthrough and it looks a lot better than Persona in my opinion. They port everything else to PS4, not sure why this game can't get a port. Part 2 drops in September and his PS3 only
mean.gif
 I know the third is in development, hopefully that drops on PS4.

Not specifically in this thread, as I feel we have a pretty intelligent and dedicated group of RPG fans...  but I feel people have started latching onto Persona simply because it's the "in" thing right now.

For a series whose last console numbered title struggled to sell over 400,000 copies on a console with a 100 million person user base, and whose remake of said game was exclusive to a handheld no one seems to admit to owning, it sure has alot of people clamoring for it.

No denying P4's greatness, but alot of the story/school sim aspects seemed awfully niche to have this kind of outpouring.

I've seen it in a few places and it got me heated :lol:
Especially when people were trying to say SE was scared of Persona after that survey .

I was joking who WANTS a bad FF lol. I'm just saying it's nice that so many jrpg are coming after a decline.

But i'm not surprised a non turn based FF isn't going to get universal praise. Most likely.

Man.. I haven't been immersed in gaming since I had a PS2. Last games I remember being obsessed with were San Andreas and the NCAA Football with Bush on the cover.

Friday PM I buy a PS4, GTAV, hit up the dispensary. I'm locked in. Prepared.

psssshhhhh....

This is such a struggle. I'm awful. My character is dead a** broke and I can't complete a mission. What's infuriating is how beautiful the game actually looks and how realistically depicted LA is(used to live in LB), coincided with my inability to actually access any of the game's features because of my ineptness. I'm still just 29 but it's clear the *game* passed me by.

Should I try a walkthrough? Is there a way for my dude to make fast $$$ that I'm not recognizing? I'm lost bruh.

sounds like you're playing online?

just play single player.

online is too much of a grind.

Tales From the Borderlands Season Pass – $4.49

Is this just the season pass? I don't own the game..

Last edited:
Let's hope that Red Dead doesn't end up like GTA Online. I like the simple MP that Redemption had.

Back
Top Bottom