The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You should still get a 4KTV at least to get it's full benefits.

Entry level if you have too, seen some Samsung models(non-HDR) for like $300.

Sony X800D and it's Variants for entry level that ticks the major boxes for HDR. (This is what I'm getting once the price is right)

Samsung KS9000 if you have more money

Sony ZD9 if money is not an object

Sony X800D and it's Variants for entry level that ticks the major boxes for HDR. (This is what I'm getting once the price is right)

Samsung KS9000 if you have more money

Sony ZD9 if money is not an object
I was just looking at the x800D on amazon tempted to pull the trigger

This is the 4k HDR TV I have and I love it

Amazon product ASIN B01C5TFIYQ
Forza Horizon 3 & Gears of War 4 look pretty cool in HDR. Little more detail.

On "Game" mode, the response time is nice.

No complaints with the TV at all.

Last edited:
Input lag is a bit overrated to me. It really didn't make a difference for me playing BF1 on a 4K tv as opposed to a monitor.

I'm just a casual gamer though.

Last edited:
anything around 20ms or less is perfectly fine.

Online games usually have latency to the server FAR larger than the input lag to the tv/monitor :rofl:

anything around 20ms or less is perfectly fine.

Online games usually have latency to the server FAR larger than the input lag to the tv/monitor :rofl:

This is true but... you're always going to have input lag + the server latency so you're just adding in lag.

But yeah anything below 20ms is ok. I'd prefer something 15 or under for FPS'.

Anyways, I was posting that link because if you're interested in gaming in 4K you need to have something that is going to run HDR10 or you're not going to get the full experience or in some people's cases with the pro it won't work at all for 4K.

Last edited:
Input lag has never hinder my gameplay experience. 

Seems like a trivial thing to worry about.

From NeoGaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312143&page=54

993Pk4O.gif

EiLbGcG.gif

Last edited:
One thing to note is that all these TV's get firmware updates so for those who care about input lag, just double check to make sure the values you see are confirmed somewhere else.

input lag on every TV right now sucks. waiting for OLED to start being what everyone makes within the next year then I'll cop

Only LG is making OLED TV's. Samsung dropped it because of the bad yields and some patent issues.

Samsung is also supposed to show it's QLED TV's at CES in January.

Either capitalize on some black Friday deals or wait till Jan to see the new tech.

Tough decisions.

Started Heavy Rain the other night and haven't stopped since. Hopefully I finish it today. Story got me because I hate QTE games. 

Pretty sure they announced the delay while they were steaming the game in English, too, :lol:

Pretty sure they announced the delay while they were steaming the game in English, too,
laugh.gif
Yup and then announced dual audio like anyone but the weeaboos gave a damn.

I don't care if they mispronounce their own names the entire game. I just want to play that ****.

Just finished Heavy Rain, cool game, some of the motion movements required on the controller are annoying but the story was cool, banging a chick in QTE was different lmaooooo

Back
Top Bottom