The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You've 'tried' OW? :lol:

But yes I hear nothing but good things about TF.

Don't know how someone comes to saying it's the best fps of 1 match.

Might go ahead and pick up Overwatch, Last Guardian and BF1 off the BB B2G1 deal this week.

Man that B2G1 free promo is calling my name but I'm too into FF XV. I'm 17 hours in, chapter 3 and spent the entire day doing side quests. I'm pretty sure I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna have to advance the story just to unlock more side quests. Game is :smokin

That was me Thursday night. Duscae was such a breath of fresh air coming from the desert, I spend the whole night doing side missions. Had a blast running through the wetlands at night and taking out magitek armor. Game reminds me of ffvi more than I care to admit.

Morrigan and Captain America confirmed for MvC Infinite

Last edited:
Man that B2G1 free promo is calling my name but I'm too into FF XV. I'm 17 hours in, chapter 3 and spent the entire day doing side quests. I'm pretty sure I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna have to advance the story just to unlock more side quests. Game is :smokin

I have about 12 hours myself and at the same point in the game as you and I feel the same way. I really don't understand the hate that this game got from people. Maybe because I've played Skyrim so this sort of game type doesn't bother me. Same with the hunts from FF13, one of the only things I really liked about that game. I definitely miss some of the turn based tactics but we can't have that in a modern game. My only beef with the game is after playing FF12, I wish that they allowed us to setup macros where the other 3 characters would pop potions or a healing spell after getting to a certain HP level. Sometimes there are too many things to watch all at the same time and I refuse to play in wait mode.

Have 32 hours logged so far in FF XV majority coming from side quest and hunts.....on chapter 8 but man,each chapter feel extremely short.

But game is definitely 
pimp.gif
  hope they continue to add more stuff to it like they do FF14 though thats a MMO

Horizon looks ******* insane.
So did The Order 1886. I've learned my lesson. I don't give a **** about how good it looks in a presentation, and how much good of a game it appears to be. Let's see how it is once it's actually finished.

Last edited:
I'd give the edge to OW just cause I prefer class based shooters.

and i like mobas so the skills and ults are dope

Last edited:
Just got back from my work trip. Going to watch PSX and try and catch up on the 300 posts in this thread. 
laugh.gif

Only thing that got spoiled for me was TLoU 2, but even that I have no details about.

So did The Order 1886. I've learned my lesson. I don't give a **** about how good it looks in a presentation, and how much good of a game it appears to be. Let's see how it is once it's actually finished.

Lol ok.

Not sure that a Linear cinematic 5hr corridor shooter compares to an open world action rpg.

Yes we know games don't always live up to the hype. The Order wasn't the first game to do so. And even then there were plenty of warning signs with the order if you were paying attention.

PSN won't let me login in until I change my password but they haven't sent me the email yet to change my password. Fuuuuuuuuu
Hurry up PSN

Lol ok.

Not sure that a Linear cinematic 5hr corridor shooter compares to an open world action rpg.

Yes we know games don't always live up to the hype. The Order wasn't the first game to do so. And even then there were plenty of warning signs with the order if you were paying attention.
Uncharted and The Last of Us are very linear, but they're still regarded as great games. Crackdown 2 for the Xbox 360 was an open world game, but it sucked ***. L.A. Noire was an open world game that with role playing elements that was hyped up to be the best thing since sliced bread, but it turned out to be quite "meh". And don't even get me started on No Man's Sky.

Being one or the other doesn't determine how good or bad a game is. I'm not going to judge a new game based on a presentation, and I'm certainly not going to pre-order it. I'll feel confident to pre-order TLOU2 or RDR2 because how great the first games were, but a brand new game like this, you're stupid to drool over it. No matter how great it looks in a presentation video.

Last edited:

If Horizon has under an 80 on meta I'll send you $60 in PSN gift cards to make up for the $60 you spent on that garbage game.

The Order had warning signs which came true.

The media has played Horizon and praised the gameplay so I'm more confident with that.

Morrigan and Captain America confirmed for MvC Infinite

The Infinity Stone not only will enhance your team in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, but it apparently is part of the game's comeback mechanics as well.

Marvel Games executive producer, Mike Jones, was asked about how the 2v2 system works in the new title.

"We've gone deeper on what the team dynamic means," said Jones. "You're going to be able to free form, change your characters, and make up combos.

"You're also going to be able to choose an Infinity Stone, which augments your team, gives you new abilities, and gives you huge comeback mechanics," he said.

It's been stated that Infinity Stones are similar to having a tertiary fighter in this 2v2 game, something Marvel expressed again.

"So [an Infinity Stone] is almost like a third character," Jones noted. "A stone will augment your characters and give them abilities they didn't previously have."

Hyping up story mode

Marvel's team was very energetic when talking about Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's story mode.

"We are personally very excited about the all new story mode," said Jones.

"We haven't shown much of that yet, but there's going to be a full cinematic story mode.

"You're going to see your favorite Marvel and Capcom characters crash into each other and see how they're going to interact," he said. "See unlikely alliances in an all new universe to explore."

Marvel Games creative director, Bill Rosemann, also added a few words.

"Marvel fans always want a story behind the fight," said Rosemann.

"Two heroes or villains fighting is cool, but the question is — why are they colliding?

"[MvCI will have a] big story mode explaining how these worlds come together, and why these characters must fight to the finish," he said.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...hyping-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-story-mode/

The instant tag looks good. That's definitely growing on me.
Them describing the infinity stone as almost a third character is interesting too.

I'm ready to see more.

Looking at the video with additional gameplay footage, I'm ready to eat crow on the mechanics. I can definitely tell they're using the 3-button and exchange system from Marvel 3. Ryu, Iron Man, Morrigan and Cap were playing with their exact move set. X in Hyper Armor :wow:

Cap in his Ultimates/ MCU costume is a little disheartening though...these MF'ers are really about to slight the Xmen and F4...

Regardless this went from a "not gonna cop cause I'm angry" to "I'm not gonna preorder so they can count my money for preorder sales but probably have a day 1 cop" >D

Looking at the video with additional gameplay footage, I'm ready to eat crow on the mechanics. I can definitely tell they're using the 3-button and exchange system from Marvel 3. Ryu, Iron Man, Morrigan and Cap were playing with their exact move set. X in Hyper Armor :wow:

Cap in his Ultimates/ MCU costume is a little disheartening though...these MF'ers are really about to slight the Xmen and F4...

Regardless this went from a "not gonna cop cause I'm angry" to "I'm not gonna preorder so they can count my money for preorder sales but probably have a day 1 cop" >D

It's a Marvel Vs game. We can complain but it's going to be day 1, and i'm bad at these games :lol:

Same ^ I'm trash at these games, but I still manage to have fun. I can't wait until this drops.

I just hope the character roster is good. I appreciate a good roster when it comes to fighting games.

Back
Top Bottom