The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Who's getting RE7?

I have zero faith it will be any good. I'll wait until it's less than $20.

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

This The Last of Us Fan Made Live-Action Movie Is Something You Really Need to Watch

While there’s been quite a few The Last of Us live-action fan made films, this one is made by the same people (Pocketsquare) behind The Last of Us “Alone,” which is just friggin’ fantastic considering it’s a fan made project.

Well, prepare for another dose of awesomeness as the Pocketsquare crew is back! This latest The Last of Us fan movie is titled “No Escape,” and is once again a quality production. Don’t believe me? Go watch the 13-minute live-action short film to see for yourself. You can check out the cast and crew as well as Pocketsquare’s contact info below.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/pocketsqr

Written and Directed by: Carl Zhang
Produced by: Jon P
Lead SFX Makeup Artist: Jing Hui Yeo
Assistant SFX Makeup Artists: Rachael Lyne
Jess Walker
Additional Makeup Artist: Nikki Charters

Starring:
Alex Rendall ([email protected])
Mindy Fyfe ([email protected])
Miguel Feliciano
David Lam
Kym Wangeman
Gonzalo Ortiz
Michael Redfearn
James Polidoras
Armando Ortiz
Special Thanks:
Jo Ortiz
Emilio Ortiz
Elisha Ortiz
Kelly McKenzie

If you want to see more stuff from Pocketsquare, go check out their YouTube channel.

Not bad, no? With The Last of Us Part II already announced, I’d wager this isn’t the crew’s last fan made project that’s about The Last of Us.
I thought it was pretty good, what do you think?

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

SuperData: PlayStation Plus & Xbox Live Generated Around $3 Billion in 2016
playstation-plus-555x328.jpg

Following the Nintendo Switch presentation last week, video game tracking firm SuperData released their take on the upcoming system. Discussing Nintendo’s online plans for Switch, which include a paid subscription with free access to select virtual console games for a month, SuperData revealed just how much money PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live memberships generated in 2016:

[…] the combined earnings for the subscription service for Sony and Xbox – PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, respectively – generated around $3 billion in revenues last year, and has proven a key component in transitioning consumers to the higher-margin side of the business in digital distribution. Total earnings for digital downloads on console last year, including full game downloads and micro-transactions, was $7 billion, worldwide.

SuperData estimates that the digital console market will reach $7.8 billion in 2017.

Back in June 2016, Sony revealed that there were nearly 21 million PlayStation Plus subscribers, as of April 2016. Back in October, Microsoft reported 47 million monthly active Xbox Live users in the first quarter of this current fiscal year.

As for console sales, SuperData says Sony is “dominating with an install base of almost 55 million” (PlayStation 4 sales were at 53.4 million as of January 1, 2017), and Xbox One is at 26 million. Microsoft hasn’t reported official Xbox One console sales numbers recently.

You can see what was offered through PlayStation Plus last year over here, with the current January 2017 offerings over here.

Thanks again for posting this, @ddouble

Just finished it; absolutely going to keep my eyes peeled for Easy Allies stuff going forward.

Re-watched it as well and was impressed again with the work that went into it.
Going to watch the others and I hope we get more parts for some of the games.

Horizon a day 1 cop for you guys?

Day 1

Pre-ordered the steelbook edition.

Nah...:rolleyes the load times are still atrocious.

Load times are fine with a Pro + SSD combo.

I haven't been following Nioh, but I hear a lot of people are looking forward too it, will do some research.

Everyone comparing it to souls but with Ninja Theory's own flavour and identity.
Sony seems to be supporting it hard too.

They don't want another Demon Souls situation

Who's getting RE7?

I have zero faith it will be any good. I'll wait until it's less than $20.

I've been reading the impressions from people who got the game early and it's all good stuff.
I've been disappointed with the marketing for the game but impressions sound very good.

Don't know yet because I'm trying to play the backlog first but that is looking like one of the best games for the year

That's what i try and do but they get me with them special editions with Steelbooks :smh:

Bought TLG day 1 because of the steel book and i steel haven't played it. Worth it though. |I

Just saw Hitman Season 1 Trailer, gonna release on 1/31.  What's the verdict on this Hitman game?  I didn't like Ascension, but I love Blood Money on PS2.

Good Luck :lol:
Let us know how it is though. This looks like the killer app and hopefully the start of more to come.

I heard about the nausea it can cause and how it was kind of a disaster at E3 with that but supposedly they made some tweaks after the feedback. That's the only issue I have with the VR besides lack of games is that your kind of playing Russian Roulette with the nausea when you try new games. They need demos for all VR titles to give people an idea of if the game is even playable for some consumers. Still it's gonna be an interesting ride seeing where VR takes us.

Last edited:
Man, horror games back in the day was an experience for a whole group to enjoy together.  I don't know if I'm ready to be dolo IN one with VR.

[RULE]

I heard about the nausea it can cause and how it was kind of a disaster at E3 with that but supposedly they made some tweaks after the feedback. That's the only issue I have with the VR besides lack of games is that your kind of playing Russian Roulette with the nausea when you try new games. They need demos for all VR titles to give people an idea of if the game is even playable for some consumers. Still it's gonna be an interesting ride seeing where VR takes us.

I was talking more about playing a scary game in VR.

Capcom's had enough time to minimize the sickness.I don't think it'll be an issue for most at launch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom