The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

That flash sale just ended at 11am for us on the east coast. Grabbed 1 more title at like 10:58 speeding through checkout. Hopefully rise of tomb raider falls to a dub soon. Right now I'm finishing the optional stuff from XV post-game, sleeping dogs up next, KH2.8 and Nier in the near future, and possibly Nioh and RE7. I don't have the time for even half of this, I remember complaining about the lack of titles this time last year.

I read the impressions but wasn't expecting reviews to be this high.

The ACG review is also very good. Really in depth and he says PSVR implementation is great. It helped him get through parts in the highest difficulty.

Good to see you can have full game in VR. Hope this sets a precedent.

I read the impressions but wasn't expecting reviews to be this high.

The ACG review is also very good. Really in depth and he says PSVR implementation is great. It helped him get through parts in the highest difficulty.

Good to see you can have full game in VR. Hope this sets a precedent.
yeah i was surprised by how good it sounded. ill probably buy it down the road once it goes on sale. but I'm happy to see it getting nice reviews 

Japan kicking this year off with a bang and there's more to come.

Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 and Tales of Berseria all getting good reviews

Japan kicking this year off with a bang and there's more to come.

Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 and Tales of Berseria all getting good reviews
as much as I'm hype to play RE7 in vr, let's not all forget the game Condemned and how it's being completely ripped off. Actually, it to was a Capcom game.
So RE7 is actually Condemned 3 :tongue:

VR Impressions are looking very good.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/23/reside...eborn-6400456/
We should emphasise that these are relatively minor quibbles with the balancing and pacing, and we still thoroughly enjoyed all 12 hours of the campaign. And in any case, there is one way to compensate for almost all the faults: by playing the game with PlayStation VR. So much so that we’d suggest adding an extra point to the score if that’s the way you intend to experience it.
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...en-waiting-for
Capcom's releasing Resident Evil 7 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, but you should play it on PS4; VR is the way to experience this. There's nothing else like it. I've spent hours playing it outside of VR and it's not the same. Whatever detail is lost in strapping on a headset running at a lower resolution was easily made up by the cold sweat constantly running down my neck. VR adds a depth to the Baker family's grossly detailed home that was, at times, too much. In VR, I'd crane my neck around corners, trying to get a sense of what's ahead, or swivel my head, à la The Exorcist, to keep an eye on whatever grotesque, lumbering creature was chasing, as I sprinted away. And the jump scares—god damn, the jump scares.

When I played Resident Evil 7 in VR last year, I wrote about how it made me want to throw up, despite VR not usually having that effect on me. I was enormously worried this would be a problem in the final game, but thankfully, I found a solution. By default, when you switch VR on, moving the analog stick left or right will sharply shift your perspective by 30 degrees, not smoothly rotate it. It's jarring at first, and feels a little like you're changing scenes in Myst, but it only took a few minutes to settle in. You can change this and allow the analog stick to adjust your direction the way you'd expect, but like the E3 demo, it made me nauseous. That's been the experience of other writers I've talked with, too.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/resi...GSS-05-10aaa0b
While RE7 does not contain multiplayer, you can play the entire campaign on PSVR. Fundamentally, the content remains the same, but the way you experience that content certainly differs. Overall, VR works well: the graphics hold up, aiming feels intuitive (especially since you can partially aim simply by turning your head), and horror just generally feels more real and immediate when it occupies your entire field of view. And importantly, RE7 does everything it can to deliver a top-tier experience, including a robust suite of options designed to minimize discomfort. While I can't imagine playing the entire 12-hour campaign with a headset on, RE7 is undoubtedly an amazing option for VR fans.
http://www.gamesradar.com/resident-e..._campaign=grtw
this is a great horror game, and that’s without mentioning the added danger of playing in PSVR, where the mildewy atmosphere gets into your soul. I played the opening hour and a few other levels in virtual reality and screamed a lot, ending up, during one extended sequence, curled foetal on my side attempting to balance playing and hiding at the same time. It didn’t work very well. It’s terrifying, and there are sections I played in normal TV-o-vision that I don’t think I could have done in VR.

Yakuza 0 is getting solid reviews but any gameplay video I've seen has made the combat system look archaic :lol: I've never played a Yakuza game and am into the subject matter but I can't pull the trigger on it.

Hey so the guy I was going to buy the PS4 , the system makes like a disc reading error sound. When it's horizontal. Unless he balances it out with something. It doesn't make the noise if it's vertical. He wanted 250 for it.
Is that an easy fix or is it something that is going to be a real problem soon?
Should I offer him 200 and fix it myself??

Hey so the guy I was going to buy the PS4 , the system makes like a disc reading error sound. When it's horizontal. Unless he balances it out with something. It doesn't make the noise if it's vertical. He wanted 250 for it.
$250. You can buy a brand new for that price :lol:

Well maybe not $250 but $267 isn't bad, it comes with a game too

PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Bundle Amazon product ASIN B01LRLJV28

Last edited:

Shell out the extra 50 and get a new console

Back
Top Bottom