The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

For those of you who pre-ordered the Switch - are you guys gonna go through with it?

I'd post this question in the Nintendo thread but homie is off the meat rack in there. :lol:

Q1 for PS4 is packed to the brim. You're essentially paying for Zelda at the switch launch and if that's worth $360 to you then go for it but that's a lot of money that can go on other games.

3DS had a massive price cut and ambassador program at it's launch so for those buying the Switch, unless you have to play Zelda, I would wait at least a few months minimum until ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are all on the market, around E3 and to see if it gets a price cut.

Their online features are not available till fall and from the conference it just looks like it's not fully ready for a March release date.

I say $360 is worth it to pay for Zelda and the Switch. Bomberman also looks like a winning title.

I would rather spend my money now before more people decide to hop on the switch later. The launch games should be more than enough to hold you over until summer.

Also I'm sure a good of people will not complete their pre-order purchase.

I say $360 is worth it to pay for Zelda and the Switch. Bomberman also looks like a winning title.

I would rather spend my money now before more people decide to hop on the switch later. The launch games should be more than enough to hold you over until summer.

again, that same zelda game is on the wii u and really looks no different

The more I think about it, the closer I get to canceling my preorder. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan so as good as it looks, I don't have to play it day one. I will keep my special edition Zelda preorder. The only 2 games outside of Zelda I really want are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and SM Odyssey. Those are so far away, my Switch would just collect dust. Even if I can't get a Switch this holiday season, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be out and I won't care. Who knows what else will be out by that time?

What are the advantages to having it before more people decide to hop on?

The more I think about it, the closer I get to canceling my preorder. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan so as good as it looks, I don't have to play it day one. I will keep my special edition Zelda preorder. The only 2 games outside of Zelda I really want are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and SM Odyssey. Those are so far away, my Switch would just collect dust. Even if I can't get a Switch this holiday season, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be out and I won't care. Who knows what else will be out by that time?

In your case, it makes sense to wait.

Horizon Zero Dawn comes out the same week too so there'll be something to play.

Switch doesn't have near enough for me. Only games I wanna play are Mario and Zelda so far. Maybe towards the end of the year or next year it'll look more appealing.

RE7 is :smokin played about 45 min last night and it had me on edge :lol:

In your case, it makes sense to wait.

Had me like

raw

Hopefully he means before it sells out, but that doesn't make sense because it'll probably be hard to find regardless.

Horizon Zero Dawn comes out the same week too so there'll be something to play.

Can't wait :smokin

again, that same zelda game is on the wii u and really looks no different
And it all depends on how the game performers and frame rate on the Wii U. I get the $60 vs $360 to play but the wii u version may not have touchscreen inventory management which would be a let down to me.

Not having to search for the system later if more people decide they like the switch after March.

This seem more and more like the year of RPGs so if I do not get the switch and Zelda I will be fine. Was just saying I would rather get them at launch. Something will sit back and collect dust. I'm fighting with spreading my time between Pokemon Sun and FF XV. While I still need to purchase to play RE7 and DQ8 so systems sitting is nothing new.

Shot when I got my Wii U two years ago my ps4 stayed in Rest Mode.

That platinum will be mine.

I still need to finish the that stupid *** FF X-2 side game to get that plat :rolleyes
That 50 chain in battle one, is that with the specials that you can use? If so, that's gonna be hard. The highest I ever did was about 15 - 20 if I remember correctly. :lol:

I'm almost at 110 hours in FFXV.. need to find a good exp/app grind spot [emoji]128064[/emoji]

anyone cop yakuza 0?

I did. Put about 1-2 hours in yesterday. Turned it on right now and there's no saved file :x Not sure why but I assumed there was auto save but you have to run to the phone booth in game to save :x

Other than that the game is :pimp: It's my first time playing a Yakuza game and i'm hooked into the story lol.

anyone cop yakuza 0?

I did. Put about 1-2 hours in yesterday. Turned it on right now and there's no saved file :x Not sure why but I assumed there was auto save but you have to run to the phone booth in game to save :x

Other than that the game is :pimp: It's my first time playing a Yakuza game and i'm hooked into the story lol.

bruh same thing happened to me :lol:

i didnt mind though since I was zoooot when i started the game over.

is there gunplay in this game though? or its just straight up fighting?

and yea story got me hooked thus far fighting is dope too. game isnt quite open world but its great for what it is

Why would you buy a switch when you can get an xbox or PS4 with games for that price ?
If you're a RPG fan, it'll be a nice complimentary console to go with your PS4 and/or Xbox. Also Zelda and Mario Odyssey look :smokin according to the Nintendo thread, only broke boys complaining about that $300 price tag :\

bruh same thing happened to me
laugh.gif

i didnt mind though since I was zoooot when i started the game over.

is there gunplay in this game though? or its just straight up fighting?

and yea story got me hooked thus far fighting is dope too. game isnt quite open world but its great for what it is
laugh.gif
 they really should put instructions on how to save.

I think I read only your opponents can use guns. Kiryu is so nice with his hands he doesn't need them.

Yeah the city isn't as big as I thought it would be but it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom