The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Horizon looks like an eventual cop. Tempted to get it day one but I prob won't play it right away.

Sleeping Dogs got real during that wedding mission. Damn.
I memba.
frown.gif

Such an underrated game glad you're enjoying it.

So..... I know this has likely been asked multiple times. I have a 4K TV and the regular PS4 , is it worth to trade in for the pro? I'm a heavy 2k player and getting Horizon next week.

Are the graphics that noticeable? Thanks in advance

If your 4K tv isn't HDR10 then you won't get the best experience. Are the graphics better yes, the graphics are better on a pro even on a non 4K tv. With that said I'm not buying a pro unless my OG dies, I'm no graphics junkie when it comes to games.

30 hours for just the single player content sounds standard to me

I completed FFXV in 39 hours and thats with doing a lot of hunts and side quests.

I was around 70 hours when I got the plat and I still got more to do in the game.

im a marathon monster.

i didn't realize i was at 98 hrs into skyrim until someone told me what the numbers on the save file means.

i could do "30 hours of gameplay" prolly in like 20.

i beat GTA IV in 22 hours the first playthrough...13 hours straight the first day. LOL

im not knocking the game, at all.

i'm actually really interested to play it, and i typically don't like the "3rd person linear adventure movie script with sandbox RPG elements" genre, but this looks amazing. I was pleasantly surprised by the witcher 3....so we'll see.

Get that on the low low. Me personally, I will love the game but will only play it once.

see, this is my overall frustration with games of this gen, particularly.

the few games i was actually pressed to preorder and wait in a line for midnight release for were MAJOR disappointments.

like, i coulda easily waited a year or two for GTA V...cop for....25 bucks...lol (prolly would have enjoyed it more, as well)

i bought it release for 360, then, again, for ps4 since it was coded for the ps4....

ended up selling both copies early.

same with fallout 4...i copped....waited on mods....and instantly sold it...lol

i'm a 2k head, so i'll cop that, day one.....but as far as these single player/story driven games?

just wait 4 months and they are half-price.

the MMORPG type games make you feel like you have to be in day one, but they go through 3-4 months of beta testing, basically...

and most people lose interest by that time, anyway....so it's like...was the game even dope?

i watched my friend's son play watch dogs and i'm like "oh, so this is just a better the division? cool"

(nobody yell at me for that last comment, i dont really care either way, it just supports the main point of this post; my frustration)

its almost like some of these games are intended to be like a weekend movie ticket or something

60 bucks for a one-time enjoyment type of deal.

kinda like a throwback to old school ps1 games that you would play all the way through, just to beat...and never touch again

but at least those gave you more hours of gameplay from difficulty (or glitches lol)

i feel like an audience member, not a player, in some of these games.

again, i'm geeked to play horizon. i hope it's fire. those are just my concerns, not with horizon, specifically, but just all games this gen, in general

i'm even weary of red dead....LOL but i'll prolly cave and cop and be salty when they dont have multiplayer for the first month LOL

I feel like I'm so in the opposite camp when it comes to game length. There are so many games these days, and so many are open worlds that are overstuffed with side quests.

I wish every game was 15-30 hours max. Give me your best hours, be it 10 or 20, of non-repetitive game play and you can have my $60. I don't need weeks worth of stuff to do. I usually tap out after a certain amount of hours anyway.

I feel like I'm so in the opposite camp when it comes to game length. There are so many games these days, and so many are open worlds that are overstuffed with side quests.

I wish every game was 15-30 hours max. Give me your best hours, be it 10 or 20, of non-repetitive game play and you can have my $60. I don't need weeks worth of stuff to do. I usually tap out after a certain amount of hours anyway.

i kinda feel you on that.

my prob with skyrim is that you grind to get level 99...then there's literally nothing new.

so i definitely feel you on "give me your best 20 hours" no need for a double disc of filler...

BUT

i also like to master games (controls, mechanics, see all the secret stuff, etc.)

so i like the concept of having a year to play a game every so often after the initial grind wears down

too many games are like start, middle, end, never touch again.

I'll gladly help in Nioh if that's what you are looking for. :smokin
On a side note, I have already beaten new game+ up to the final side quest again. :lol:
I thought that was hard the first time, but in new game+ it is damn near unbeatable solo. :smh: :lol:

Im not buying any game day1 ever again i dont care if its the greatest thing since sliced bread. These companies ship out broken games to be beta tested by us for 60 bucks to release patches naw im good. 2K is the worst about that. Looking at you wwe 2k17 and nba 2k17 :smh:

Im not buying any game day1 ever again i dont care if its the greatest thing since sliced bread. These companies ship out broken games to be beta tested by us for 60 bucks to release patches naw im good. 2K is the worst about that. Looking at you wwe 2k17 and nba 2k17 :smh:
looking at you ubisoft

So..... I know this has likely been asked multiple times. I have a 4K TV and the regular PS4 , is it worth to trade in for the pro? I'm a heavy 2k player and getting Horizon next week.

Are the graphics that noticeable? Thanks in advance

Yea it's worth it. 2K is native 4K/60fps so you will notice the difference.
Horizon also looks good from the Digital Foundry video.

im a marathon monster.

i didn't realize i was at 98 hrs into skyrim until someone told me what the numbers on the save file means.

i could do "30 hours of gameplay" prolly in like 20.

i beat GTA IV in 22 hours the first playthrough...13 hours straight the first day. LOL

im not knocking the game, at all.

i'm actually really interested to play it, and i typically don't like the "3rd person linear adventure movie script with sandbox RPG elements" genre, but this looks amazing. I was pleasantly surprised by the witcher 3....so we'll see.

Skyrim can be finished in 20 hours too.
30 hours is just the single player stuff not including side missions.

Never a bad idea, especially if the emargo is close to launch.

If it isn't though then Digital Foundy or NXGamer has you covered when it comes to performance.

Certain companies too, I would just wait if they have a bad track record.

That was what loads of people did for Battlefield 1 after Battlefield 4.

Skyrim can be finished in 20 hours too.
30 hours is just the single player stuff not including side missions.

meh

if you only do main quests and never die, i guess.

skyrim is a game you can have an itch to play months later, tho

i guess that's what i've been trying to articulate.

again, i'll wait for a price drop, but i have hopes that the game will be dope.

Back
Top Bottom