The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

It's pretty boring so far and feels very generic. Also, something major just happened and no one gave a @#%@ :lol: I'll play it for a few more hours and see if it gets better, but there's nothing interesting about it so far.
Disappointing, this would have been my first ME game. Nier...here I come.

Disappointing, this would have been my first ME game. Nier...here I come.
I can't really tell for sure yet. I'm usually patient with TV shows when it comes to slow build ups, but for games where I'm the one that has to do everything, it's more frustrating. Maybe it's because it's trying to be more accessible to new players? I don't know. In ME2 and 3, I remember major story events and huge action sequences taking place almost immediately.

Last edited:
Quick question.

I'm assuming that everyone had a ps1 in here.

Did your ps1 get to the point that you had to put it upside down for it to work?

:lol: yes

Edit: on a side note. I miss my ps days. Went from ps2 to X360 and now Xb1. 360 was great but xb1 is just ok imo. Seems like ps has a lot of exclusives I'm missing out on.

Last edited:
I ended up playing Andromeda for around 4 hours total yesterday since I won't have time to play for the rest of the week. Thought I'd give you guys more updates

Story: The entire plot is something I really couldn't care less about. These dudes are really trying to colonize new planets and are asking why the locals are hostile towards them? OK :rolleyes It doesn't help that major things happen or are mentioned with zero emotion. It's like the people in the game don't care either :lol:

Characters: ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I wouldn't call them unlikable, because they are completely devoid of any personality at all

Dialogue: Pointless. They replaced the Paragon/Renegade options with 4 options that make zero difference in how people react to you. In the previous games, I often had to think about what I was going to say because of the effects it might have. Over here, I'm basically just picking at random.

Enemies: Generic so far. 4 hours in, and all I've fought are bland robots and the one species they showed in the trailer.

Gameplay: Combat is decent, but the missions are artificially lengthened. You need to run around a bunch of empty buildings/environments and have to scan a whole bunch of @#$@ to figure out what you need to turn on. Then you need to wait for your AI to do something to it while you shoot more robots. Then you need to go somewhere else and do the SAME @#$@. It reminds me of when I tried watching my friend play Destiny, a game I refuse to play because of how boring it looks

I understand that it's a long game and that it might possibly get better, but it shouldn't take me this long to get interested in it. I'll compare it to ME1 since ME1 was the start of a new story; ME1 had clunky gameplay, but A LOT happens in the first couple of hours of that game.

Overall I'm glad I only paid $30 for this.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll buy Horizon and Nier and either wait for a big patch for Andromeda or wait until a big price drop.

I ended up playing Andromeda for around 4 hours total yesterday since I won't have time to play for the rest of the week. Thought I'd give you guys more updates

Story: The entire plot is something I really couldn't care less about. These dudes are really trying to colonize new planets and are asking why the locals are hostile towards them? OK :rolleyes It doesn't help that major things happen or are mentioned with zero emotion. It's like the people in the game don't care either :lol:

Characters: ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I wouldn't call them unlikable, because they are completely devoid of any personality at all

Dialogue: Pointless. They replaced the Paragon/Renegade options with 4 options that make zero difference in how people react to you. In the previous games, I often had to think about what I was going to say because of the effects it might have. Over here, I'm basically just picking at random.

Enemies: Generic so far. 4 hours in, and all I've fought are bland robots and the one species they showed in the trailer.

Gameplay: Combat is decent, but the missions are artificially lengthened. You need to run around a bunch of empty buildings/environments and have to scan a whole bunch of @#$@ to figure out what you need to turn on. Then you need to wait for your AI to do something to it while you shoot more robots. Then you need to go somewhere else and do the SAME @#$@. It reminds me of when I tried watching my friend play Destiny, a game I refuse to play because of how boring it looks

I understand that it's a long game and that it might possibly get better, but it shouldn't take me this long to get interested in it. I'll compare it to ME1 since ME1 was the start of a new story; ME1 had clunky gameplay, but A LOT happens in the first couple of hours of that game.

Agree with 50% of this ill write my review later.

But if you guys let reviews sway your decisions then you my friends are sheep

Agree with 50% of this ill write my review later.

But if you guys let reviews sway your decisions then you my friends are sheep

Definitely. I don't go by professional reviews at all, because a lot of them give high @#$ scores to games I dislike a lot. For example, didn't they give MGS 5 9s and 10s? I thought it was a 7 at best, and I'm a huge fan of the first 4 games.

I bought ME:A because I'm a big fan of the original 3 and wanted to give it a fair shot.

Last edited:

Nice review repped

Looks to be a retro inspired RPG dropping in the next few weeks. For $9.99 I will absolutely give it a try. But not until I finish Setsuna. 
mean.gif

Got ME2 for free last year. Haven't played it yet, but it's the best one from the series?
I'd say almost all the supporting characters had cool backstories.

It felt like the decisions mattered, given certain consequences.

And since some decisions are tied to achievements.

Still need to finish ME3.
embarassed.gif

ME3, at least before the ending, was the best one to me just based on how the game makes the player feel. Throughout the entire story, I just kept feeling like "Damn, we're all screwed" and felt a sense of desperation every time something needed to be done, which gave me the motivation to do all the side quests to get the military readiness score high. Unfortunately the majority of them didn't change a single thing at the end :lol: I still enjoyed it on the 2nd playthrough but just decided to skip all of those extra quests. Finished the entire thing in less than 20 hours :lol:

ME2 was cool to me too because of all the character development. Fighting the Reaper and its forces, especially the suicide mission at the end, was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom