The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Quick question.

I'm assuming that everyone had a ps1 in here.

Did your ps1 get to the point that you had to put it upside down for it to work?
I had to put a book on top of the disc lid to weigh it down for the last year before the PS2 dropped.

Then i also went and got the PSOne with the attachable screen to replace the PS1.

lcd_1.jpg

1 is outdated with the struggle land vehicle, long load times, and auto saving too infrequently sometimes (you can lose an hour of time if you die sometimes) but they're all awesome games. And it's a brilliant universe (no pun intended.)

Not sure how anybody can think 2 and 3 aren't at least worth a play through. Unless you just don't have dedicated chunks of time to play (you realistically need to play in 2 hour sittings to enjoy it.)

All of thisView media item 2375717

Mass Effect 1 was one of my favorite games on last gen.

2 & 3 were even better.

BUT

I have zero desire to play them again. They were exceptional games at that point at time.

This is why I am picky about remasters - I am good with the memories, cause imma pick it apart with today's standards in mind. Didn't even think about touching the Batman joints.

Unless it is Catherine. Then it is gravy.

^^^Based off of that -

This is why I don't get excited IN particular when they revive these franchises. Because the concept may not translate into what is modern. Gamers and games change.

And with the tech we have now it takes A LOT more to hold our attention.

So if you come with something even remotely open-world you gotta come with dat hott fire.

Last edited:
Never rocked FF or ME either but I'll check out Andromeda when the final edition hits 20 bucks.
has any ME had a version of the game with all the DLC? i dont think I've seen any of the games come as a "complete edition"
Mass Effect 1 was one of my favorite games on last gen.

2 & 3 were even better.

BUT

I have zero desire to play them again. They were exceptional games at that point at time.

This is why I am picky about remasters - I am good with the memories, cause imma pick it apart with today's standards in mind. Didn't even think about touching the Batman joints.

Unless it is Catherine. Then it is gravy.
it depends on the game for me. kingdom hearts was worth it for me on the ps3 when the collections because i remember playing some of them when they released and it was awesome having that feeling of nostalgia

i dont think you need to pick apart older games tho that is unnecessary i think. just take them for what they are and appreciate them for that unless they try to update the game with newer ideas to mesh with new game elements 

Have not bought a sports game since PS3 but really been feening for some NBA action. 2K17 is on sale right now is it worth the swoop. Or is it too late in the game? Also is the KOBE edition worth it? I have no idea anymore I am pretty washed with sports games, :rolleyes

Have not bought a sports game since PS3 but really been feening for some NBA action. 2K17 is on sale right now is it worth the swoop. Or is it too late in the game? Also is the KOBE edition worth it? I have no idea anymore I am pretty washed with sports games, :rolleyes

Save your money and get MLB 17: The Show instead next Tuesday.

Trust me and thank me later.

I'm waiting for a good golf game to drop, like how the Tiger Woods games used to be. God I miss playing a good golf game. :lol:

Save your money and get MLB 17: The Show instead next Tuesday.

Trust me and thank me later.

Not really a baseball dude but saw the trailer posted earlier in the thread and it did look amazing. :nerd:

I'm waiting for a good golf game to drop, like how the Tiger Woods games used to be. God I miss playing a good golf game. :lol:

Edit: I miss Wii golf. :smokin

Last edited:
Just booted up Mass Effect. Damn, the human characters look AWFUL :lol: How does Mass Effect 2 and 3 look better than this? It doesn't help that I just played Uncharted 4 recently too, so the dropoff is huge.

Graphics aren't dealbreakers but I can see what people were complaining about.

Last edited:
Just booted up Mass Effect. Damn, the human characters look AWFUL :lol: How does Mass Effect 2 and 3 look better than this? It doesn't help that I just played Uncharted 4 recently too.

it deserves its 75 on metacritic.

Quick question.

I'm assuming that everyone had a ps1 in here.

Did your ps1 get to the point that you had to put it upside down for it to work?

yoooooooooo lol

nah, but i had a pirate add on cart jawn with a disc you had to insert and keep the cover open so sometimes you had to set it upside down

and i had some homies who had to run theirs upside down too

ME is getting slaughtered on reviews. Really sad to see :frown:

It was such an anticipated game and they had so much time to work on it.

Never rocked FF or ME either but I'll check out Andromeda when the final edition hits 20 bucks.

Yea I'll also wait until it drops down in price and given the critical reception to it so far,shouldn't be too long of a wait :lol: :\

Last edited:
Edit: I miss Wii golf. :smokin
it's fun with friends. I will say this, Wii golf made me miss Hot Shots Golf Fore!. I sunk hundreds of hours into that on the ps2. :lol:
I prefer a nice technical golf game though. I think 2014 was the last tiger woods game I played.

I bought the last PGA game with Rory on the cover... 

Less than stellar. :lol:
Thats the same thing a friend of mine told me, so I held back on buying it. I can wait. :lol:

Just booted up Mass Effect. Damn, the human characters look AWFUL :lol: How does Mass Effect 2 and 3 look better than this? It doesn't help that I just played Uncharted 4 recently too, so the dropoff is huge.

Was really looking forward to this one. Post updates of how it is.

Was really looking forward to this one. Post updates of how it is.
It's pretty boring so far and feels very generic. Also, something major just happened and no one gave a @#%@ :lol: I'll play it for a few more hours and see if it gets better, but there's nothing interesting about it so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom